Anybody using VS-700 Channel Branch Mode??

Author
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
2015/03/07 05:19:56 (permalink)

Anybody using VS-700 Channel Branch Mode??

I came across a feature that I didn't know it exists (maybe because it's not in the original manual and was added with a later update) but when I hit some funky key combination, the VS-700 all the sudden displayed "Channel Branch" mode ... ??? ... Google search directed me to Scott Garrigus eBook on VS-700, which explains the feature ...

Since the features dates back to the pre-Sonar-X-series days I did not expect it to work and when I tried on a recently completed large project, it only supported about half of the documented features (no adding of sends, no panning) :-(

However, when I tried on several of the currently active projects (which don't have that many sends assigned yet), it works completely as documented ... so there the "Channel branch" mode is actually a really nice complement to the new Sonar "Expandable Sends" feature in Platinum.

Now I wonder if anybody out there actually uses this feature and can tell me why it works only in some projects and what action(s) break(s) compatibility? It's apparently not sends created by mouse actions ... Is it sends to side-chains of VSTs or something like that???

I had actually intended to copy the "Channel branch" description here, but the copyright in the e-book prohibits that. So if you do not know the feature, I recommend reading the eBook found here ("Channel Branch" mode see page 37). BTW, what Scott says about not being able to create new sends from the surface is not entirely true because you can use COMMAND + SEND buttons even when in "Channel branch" mode ...

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1