Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Upright
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 434
2008/12/26 01:40:29 (permalink)

Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST?

I heard about this on a Sound On Sound magazine podcast. Their goal is to give you the free version and then get you to purchase other Soundpacks later, but It comes with 300 MB of sounds for free!! I would say it's worth trying out, I'm downloading it now. Some of you may already know about this, but for those who don't I thought I'd give a heads up.

KORE PLAYER is a free software instrument with a production-ready 300 MB sound library. Built on the same principles as KORE 2, the Next-Generation Workstation, KORE PLAYER includes six Native Instruments sound engines under the hood and provides ready-to-play sounds that can be browsed and tweaked via the ultra-intuitive KORE PLAYER interface. Adding new sounds is as easy as purchasing and downloading affordable KORE SOUNDPACKS.

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=koreplayer&L=1

Windows 7 64-bit, i7 2.93 GHz, EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram, 2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500

Bless the Lord!!

31 Replies Related Threads

Oaf_Topik
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2105
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 02:00:15 (permalink)
    You'll also want to download the FREE Compilation pack for Kore:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=7865

"To celebrate a great year for music production, Native Instruments has prepared this free gift for you. KORE SOUNDPACK COMPILATION VOL.1 is a full-featured production-ready sound library that includes 100 Kore Sounds plus 700 Sound Variations, taken from twelve different KORE SOUNDPACKS. You will find a wide range of carefully selected synthesizers, acoustic instruments, percussion, groove construction kits and multi-effects patches, instantly usable for a wide range of musical styles and genres"

ba_midi
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 04:43:20 (permalink)
    Yeah - I got it, and a few of the expansion packs.

But, since there are no real "Tweakings" for the audio/streaming, I notice I get little pops/clicks when using any sample-based sounds in it.

I had this with Kontakt3 - but discovered there was a setting that fixed that. There are no settings in Kore to adjust, so I don't use it as much as I might want.

It's cute though.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 07:06:22 (permalink)
    I have the full version with the controller..err Kontroller.. there is another pack that Computer music have also.

they are making the money from the additional packs you buy.. I have the massive expansion 1 and will get number 2 shortly.. handy if you don't own the synths but you can if you have the synths etc as well , you can tweak them far more.

even if you don't use NI stuff, you can import your own vst-i's and fx by others and add them to presets etc. to the browser, build up a matrix and make new sounds that you can morph between etc
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 07:30:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ba_midi

I notice I get little pops/clicks when using any sample-based sounds in it.

I have noticed this on certain sounds. Nothing else I own does this.
    It's a fun tool but I wouldn't buy anything additional unless I could guarantee it was pop free.
    Milt
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 781
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 10:39:17 (permalink)
    I tried it a few months ago when it first became available, but Pace made my machine and several programs (Sonar included) really buggy.
    garrigus
    • Total Posts : 8599
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 10:49:14 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Fog

I have the full version with the controller..err Kontroller.. there is another pack that Computer music have also.

they are making the money from the additional packs you buy.. I have the massive expansion 1 and will get number 2 shortly.. handy if you don't own the synths but you can if you have the synths etc as well , you can tweak them far more.

even if you don't use NI stuff, you can import your own vst-i's and fx by others and add them to presets etc. to the browser, build up a matrix and make new sounds that you can morph between etc

Hey Fog,

I've got the new Kore 2 Software Edition and just use my own controller, which probably isn't as nice as the Kontroller... BUT the software is very cool. I've only had a short time to play with it so far, but it includes some great sounds and (like you said) it's great to be able to bring in your own VSTs. Very powerful.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar 8 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/ - http://www.musictechshop.com/ - http://www.cooltechshop.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/
    Sepheritoh
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 585
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 10:51:35 (permalink)
    I got it with one of the CM Mag CDs. It got nice sounds, but as an advertising / demo for the real thing it does the real product a bad service. No tweakability, very user unfriendly GUI and it does not recognise MIDI controlers. Not even velocity. If that is an indication of the main product, I do not have an interest in upgrading, but as a freebee, It is good.

One of the best patch browsing interfaces on the market. Not only does it look good, but it is really easy to search for something that you want.
    post edited by Sepheritoh - 2008/12/26 10:52:48
    ew
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1837
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 11:06:12 (permalink)

But, since there are no real "Tweakings" for the audio/streaming, I notice I get little pops/clicks when using any sample-based sounds in it.

I had this with Kontakt3 - but discovered there was a setting that fixed that. There are no settings in Kore to adjust, so I don't use it as much as I might want.

It's cute though.

As long as you have it turned off in the full version of Kontakt, the samne should hold true for both Kore/Kore player- it will use the registry key for Kontakt to determine the voice mode.

If you don't own the full version of Kontakt- do this. Open regedit or your registry editor of choice and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Kontakt3

For the subkey overloadVoiceKillMode, set the value to 0. Done.

ew
    Fog
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 11:11:08 (permalink)
    Scott , I have a novation nocturn as well , so yep it's still very usable.. I have that for my laptop as well I'd rather that got damaged instead of their controller.. I use that with the laptop setup.

my only gripe is hhm.. how you import a synths presets from certain synths etc into it.. not all things I have import properly into it , but that's down to makers not using the normal default way of doing presets. It would have been nice if they include the standard preset messages as well as their own custom browsers etc.

ba_midi
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 11:35:55 (permalink)
    It isn't the "overloadvoicekill" that I changed to get Kontakt 3 to work well on my dual core system.
    It was the "Multiprocessor" setting in K3 that I UNchecked.

Originally I thought it needed to be checked because I do have multprocessors; however, the setting in K3 actually should not be used if multi-core unless there are some issues with it (which in my case there were not).
    The default is actually Un checked ; but I turned it on thinking I should use it only to discover that wasn't right LOL.

So I'm not sure the setting you reference in the registry will help, but I'll definitely give it a shot - and thanks!

ORIGINAL: ew

It's cute though.

As long as you have it turned off in the full version of Kontakt, the samne should hold true for both Kore/Kore player- it will use the registry key for Kontakt to determine the voice mode.

If you don't own the full version of Kontakt- do this. Open regedit or your registry editor of choice and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Kontakt3

For the subkey overloadVoiceKillMode, set the value to 0. Done.

ew

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ew
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 11:45:55 (permalink)

It isn't the "overloadvoicekill" that I changed to get Kontakt 3 to work well on my dual core system.

Oh yeah- with Kontakt, that's a given.

But, in Kore's case, that's not the issue. And, in your case, you don't even need to go into the registry. Go to options/engine in Kontakt and change CPU overload protection from relaxed to disabled. Changing the registry key's only necessary if you don't own the full Kontakt version.

ew
    ba_midi
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 12:13:24 (permalink)

But, in Kore's case, that's not the issue. And, in your case, you don't even need to go into the registry. Go to options/engine in Kontakt and change CPU overload protection from relaxed to disabled. Changing the registry key's only necessary if you don't own the full Kontakt version.

ew

I'll try that, thanks. Though I thought 'disabled' was the default.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ew
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 12:27:23 (permalink)
    Nope- relaxed is (unless they changed it with the 3.0.2 update).

ew
    ba_midi
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 14:10:15 (permalink)
    Ah, you might be right :)
    I'll check that out, and again thanks for the advice!

Nope- relaxed is (unless they changed it with the 3.0.2 update).

ew

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

thechangelephant
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 15:18:36 (permalink)
    Hi Strikinglyhandsome1 - I know this is the wrong time and place but are you an Evertonian in New York? If you are well I've finally found you. If so could I get you to email me if I give you my email? f
    Cormega
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 313
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 15:58:58 (permalink)
    Ouch!
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/26 16:24:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thechangelephant

Hi Strikinglyhandsome1 - I know this is the wrong time and place but are you an Evertonian in New York? If you are well I've finally found you. If so could I get you to email me if I give you my email?

Sounds like something Sting would sing about.

ba_midi
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/27 00:38:28 (permalink)
    EW,

I tried this - disabled was the default, so that didn't help.

Thanks for YOUR help though, I appreciate it.

ew

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Upright
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/27 02:21:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Oaf_Topik

You'll also want to download the FREE Compilation pack for Kore:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=7865

"To celebrate a great year for music production, Native Instruments has prepared this free gift for you. KORE SOUNDPACK COMPILATION VOL.1 is a full-featured production-ready sound library that includes 100 Kore Sounds plus 700 Sound Variations, taken from twelve different KORE SOUNDPACKS. You will find a wide range of carefully selected synthesizers, acoustic instruments, percussion, groove construction kits and multi-effects patches, instantly usable for a wide range of musical styles and genres"

Thanks for that.

Windows 7 64-bit, i7 2.93 GHz, EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram, 2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500

Bless the Lord!!
    Milt
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/28 09:34:36 (permalink)
    A big 'DUH' from me! It wasn't the Kore player that used PACE, it was that Proteus thing. What I recall about the Kore player was that it used quite a bit of CPU, some good sounds though.
    Upright
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/28 12:40:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Milt

A big 'DUH' from me! It wasn't the Kore player that used PACE, it was that Proteus thing. What I recall about the Kore player was that it used quite a bit of CPU, some good sounds though.

When you say " Proteus thing" are you referring to the free Proteus VX?

Bless the Lord!!
    vintagevibe
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2446
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/28 12:51:52 (permalink)

I tried it a few months ago when it first became available, but Pace made my machine and several programs (Sonar included) really buggy.

NI doesn't use PACE. They have their own online system of copy protection.
    Milt
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/28 17:57:02 (permalink)
    Yes, Upright, it was the free Proteus VX. That had some nice sounds as well, but it wreaked havoc on my machine!
    piano39
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/28 19:09:47 (permalink)
    I downloaded the free Kore player, then bought the Computer Music Magazine for that set of sounds. This thing is great. I do not have any problems with clicks or pops.
    It can be used as a VST plugin or in standalone mode.
    When I hook it up to my EMU XBoard controller, it responds to velocity. I mapped the EMU's knobs to the controls and switches. Everything works the way it should, no problems.

Also, I have a very modest PC. It was the cheapest one that I could buy four years ago, so it is about 6 year old technology.
    Most of the free sounds are atmospheric, pads with a lots of motion, etc. The free standup bass is excellent. I will probably spring for a few of the expansion packs.
    Oaf_Topik
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2105
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/28 19:49:27 (permalink)
    Here's another interesting FREEBIE:

http://www.ueberschall.com/en/products/details/view/season_greetings_and_a_great_2009.html

"Ueberschall has announced that as a special thank you to all its customers (and everyone else, as it's free for all) it has released a new Free Elastik Library containing loops and samples taken from some of Ueberschall's best releases from 2008, and more.

This free Elastik library includes 245 MB and 245 loops and samples from 14 different products:"

* Balkan Lines
    * Chillers Joint
    * Club Electro
    * Crunkzilla
    * Dancehall Madness
    * Electro ID
    * Hip Hop Underground
    * Loungeorama
    * Minimal Electro Vibes
    * Minimal House
    * Minimal Techno
    * Oriental RnB
    * Trance ID 2
    * Urbanic

The download is available for free. You'll also need to download the free Elastik Player to use it if you haven't done so already (Windows / Mac OS X; VST, AU, RTAS and stand-alone).

Upright
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/29 08:17:47 (permalink)

Yes, Upright, it was the free Proteus VX. That had some nice sounds as well, but it wreaked havoc on my machine!

Wow,....ok, I'll pay attention to CPU usage the next time I run it. I didn't notice any issues on my system, but then again I only opened the Proteus and a midi track, just so I could check out the patches.

Bless the Lord!!
    Upright
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/29 08:28:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Oaf_Topik

Here's another interesting FREEBIE:

http://www.ueberschall.com/en/products/details/view/season_greetings_and_a_great_2009.html

"Ueberschall has announced that as a special thank you to all its customers (and everyone else, as it's free for all) it has released a new Free Elastik Library containing loops and samples taken from some of Ueberschall's best releases from 2008, and more.

This free Elastik library includes 245 MB and 245 loops and samples from 14 different products:"

* Balkan Lines
    * Chillers Joint
    * Club Electro
    * Crunkzilla
    * Dancehall Madness
    * Electro ID
    * Hip Hop Underground
    * Loungeorama
    * Minimal Electro Vibes
    * Minimal House
    * Minimal Techno
    * Oriental RnB
    * Trance ID 2
    * Urbanic

The download is available for free. You'll also need to download the free Elastik Player to use it if you haven't done so already (Windows / Mac OS X; VST, AU, RTAS and stand-alone).

Awesome!! Thanks for this!! Got em, although I'm not sure where the downloadable version of the "Elastik Player" is located, I'm going to try under the section labeled "Updates" for the Elastik player, hopefully this is the download for the player and not an update for the player. I won't have a chance to try it until tonight. Thanks again Oaf!
    post edited by Upright - 2008/12/29 08:32:36

Bless the Lord!!
    Fog
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2008/12/29 08:36:12 (permalink)
    loopmasters are doing the same sorta thing, but you have to be a registered user. I did post it elsewhere on here and they are doing 15% virtual cash instead of the usual 10%
    puffer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 836
    RE: Anyone Using the FREE Native Instruments Kore Player VST? 2009/01/07 22:46:00 (permalink)
    ew will note me from the NI forms.

For the life of me I haven't been able to get Kore Player to work on my system. All of my other NI products work without a hitch. But even in stand alone mode it will not load. And Sonar doesn't seem to like it much as it sometimes chokes on it during the VST scan.

The last email I got from tech support has me wiping it off my system and reinstalling it. I'm giving it one more chance.

digitallofi.bandcamp.com
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1