Anyone else dealing with the UM3G/Windows 10 nightmare?

Author
Resonant Serpent
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
2016/05/24 19:57:09 (permalink)

Anyone else dealing with the UM3G/Windows 10 nightmare?

I'm trying to install the UM3G MIDI interface that was sold under the Roland/Cakewalk partnership. There are no drivers to download from Roland for Windows 10. Cakewalk has a drivers page, but nothing for the UM3G either. The instructions simply state to plug it in, and the drivers will automatically install. I follow the instructions, which are to pull out all USB connections except the keyboard and mouse, then plug it in for the installation. The drivers do not install. In the Device Manager, it shows a warning sign for the UM3G under Other Devices. The properties state that there is no driver installed. When I try to update the drivers, it tells me that there are no drivers. How the hell am I supposed to install this? I've been banging my head against the wall chasing problems for a month using Windows 10. I absolutely hate this OS. Not the the interface, which I like, but because everything has become so convoluted. It took me 15 minutes to originally install my Faderport, and under Windows 10 it took a lot of searching and three hours. Ughh. Seems like more and more control over our computers is being wrested away from us.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold

1 Reply Related Threads

Resonant Serpent
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Anyone else dealing with the UM3G/Windows 10 nightmare? 2016/05/25 00:19:26 (permalink)
    Somehow I managed to delete some of my usb drivers while trying to fix a faulty ilok. System restored, and UM3G installed. Weird.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1