Anyone interessted in this?

Author
frog1999
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2010/08/07 04:14:09 (permalink)

Anyone interessted in this?

Hello People

I think I posted something about this in one of the forums about 3 or 4 years ago, and remember that there were some responses, but nothing ever got done about it cos I wasn't that well prepared, so now I'm better organized, I'll ask the question again.

Many years ago I was a member of a part-time band and we recorded a CD. The songs are a little outdated nowadays but I was wondering if it's possible that anyone would be interested in perhaps doing a remix of one (or more) of the songs using more modern techniques. I don't really have any "prizes" or "rewards" to give for anyone who is interested, apart from the satisfaction of having done it and my sincere appreciation, of course. :)

If you want to have a listen to what the songs sound like, head over to http://www.diddyweb.com/frogpond/html/sounds.asp and listen to any of the songs under the album title "That's a Good Question". I have wave files of the original master tracks in 48Khz, 24-bit format taken directly from the master tapes so can provide the original recordings without a problem.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line and I'll give you the direct download link.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Related Threads

Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:Anyone interessted in this? 2010/08/07 09:48:22 (permalink)
    Hello frog person.

This sounds interesting as it sounds like there is a lot of well-recorded material in there, I'm almost tempted to take a track on myself but it's a time commitment that I've got no right taking on presently.

It's an ideal project for somebody wanting to sharpen up their production skills though on some good quality direct from tape audio from what I can tell.

I hope somebody does come along though as I'd be interested to hear how this develops.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    frog1999
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re:Anyone interessted in this? 2010/08/07 21:57:57 (permalink)
    Jonbouy

Hello frog person.

This sounds interesting as it sounds like there is a lot of well-recorded material in there, I'm almost tempted to take a track on myself but it's a time commitment that I've got no right taking on presently.

It's an ideal project for somebody wanting to sharpen up their production skills though on some good quality direct from tape audio from what I can tell.

I hope somebody does come along though as I'd be interested to hear how this develops.

I've had a couple of people interested in doing a few of the songs, so I'll have to wait for the results. I know what you mean about the time commitment though. Most people have too much on their plate as it is, which is why I sincerely appreciate anyone who takes any of these songs on...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1