Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage?

Author
Fleer
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8715
2017/02/04 10:53:06 (permalink)

Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage?

Sounds quite interesting, looks less: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUsupF9YHz8

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)

5 Replies Related Threads

Vastman
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2508
    Re: Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage? 2017/02/06 23:05:10 (permalink)
    manual and midi implementation chart is not available... so who knows?

Dana
    We make the future... Climate Change Music
    VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
    Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
    Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
    NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
    soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage? 2017/02/12 14:44:22 (permalink)
    Yay! Another sampled piano that sounds just like.... every other sampled piano.

Fleer
    • Total Posts : 8715
    Re: Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage? 2017/02/18 10:25:17 (permalink)
    Unless it's another sampled piano. Who knows!

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
    Cactus Music
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage? 2017/02/18 12:01:23 (permalink)
    Impressive features and palettes of sounds , defiantly aimed at live performers, XLR outputs a rare on keyboards to say the least. Hard to tell from a cell phone video about the sounds but Korg has always made good stuff.

One item of note is how different brands sit in the mix with a large, loud band setting. I always found Casio and Korg a little muddy and wouldn't cut through. Yamaha not bad but terrible connectivity, Roland pianos cut through the best. 
    I'm not sure why Yamaha does not include proper outputs on most of their digital pianos. All they ever have is the headphone jack. A lot of Rolands not only have proper 1/4" outs but many include an input which I often used to patch a synth thru to the PA. Or at lest that was 10 years ago..read on. 

I'm just shopping for a Digital Piano for work right now. I work in a 80 bed Care Home. We have 4 pianos and an Organ. The pianos are all donated by families that couldn't sell them category. The piano tuner comes from out of town and charges $180 per piano because they always need a lot of work. 
    I've picked the Casio because it has all the features I wanted and best price point.  
    Casio PX 350 , with stand and bench Costco- $799Can.  Fully loaded with real Midi, USB to PC, USB flash drive playback, 2x 1/4" output AND input!  2X headphone, 

There where many other contenders but these 2 made my short list: 
    Roland FP-30 with stand, $ 1,199 Can No bench, no proper output, headphone only, very confusing to use as all parameters are changed using combination of key-presses, so you need the manual just to change anything.  
    Yamaha YDP143 ( Arius) $ 1,399. No Bench. No proper output, headphone only. USB midi. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Anyone looking at the upcoming Korg Grandstage? 2017/02/18 15:13:34 (permalink)
    I think Yamaha caters more to the consumer/prosumer crowd so they're not trying to impress the serious studio/producer. Lack of knobs and jacks is always a money issue for makers, especially in that market, tho I agree, I hate menu driven stuff. At least most of them have nice big screens nowadays. My 90s synth is menu driven with a 16 character lcd.  The manual is always at arms length.

I briefly looked at the Ketron SD7/SD9 series with great sounds, a 7" touch screen and all the jacks you want, but not sure if they're really worth the price.

Roland is also offering a new DP, but I've never really been impressed with either brand. And as I've said before, I'm not really sure if there's really any difference between any of them in the end, so who knows.

On the UP side, the Korg, mentioned earlier in this article, has a flashing lighted logo.... sure to impress your friends and listeners.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1