AnsweredAre there any Band Labs plans to create a more modern script language?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Are there any Band Labs plans to create a more modern script language? 2018/09/13 19:26:29 (permalink)
It is possible to program CC events, convert them to automation data and paste them anywhere in the project. There is some loss in resolution and it is not a realtime operation.

It is also possible to go the other way, drawing automation and record it as CC events. But that is a different matter.

My guess is AZ Lua may be able to generate CC data which could be routed to an arbitrary automation lane set up for remote control using a virtual MIDI cable.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Are there any Band Labs plans to create a more modern script language? 2018/09/13 20:11:51 (permalink)
michheld
when I started making music on my Amiga in the late 80ies there was a software called "Face The Music" by "Maxon Computer". They invented a so called "Sound Effect Language". The aim of this nice script-based language was to modify the sounds in realtime.
=> What about a script language with the possibility to manipulate automation parameters in realtime?
At the moment you have to "paint" or click these automations with your mouse.
It'd be nice to "program" them using a script language with loops, variables, mathematical functions, timers etc.
(just dreaming like a programmer...)

I think for that REAPER is better environment for that. Sonar/CbB has no build-in features for real-time automations and no API to access any existing content (except MIDI with CAL or MFX). REAPER has both (you can control automations from MIDI / till some degree even from audio without using scripts and/or write scripts for real time/existing content manipulations).
Depending from the goal, Max for Live can be even better/simpler.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1