Are these bugs or is it me?

Author
ailerom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2011/02/11 20:13:42 (permalink)

Are these bugs or is it me?

No matter how often I change things like adding the cpu resource meter to the UI it is never there when I reload the project.  A similar thing with the snap function.  Everytime I load the project I have to turn it on and select the settings.

Regarding snap, I can't seem to figure when it should and shouldn't work.  When it is enabled it seems to work in some areas but not in others.  Mainly I care about settingt the play start point, setting loop points, positioning midi events and moving clips around.  I nearly always have it set to Snap - On, 1/8, midi only selected.  Sometimes it works but others not.

17 Replies Related Threads

Crush
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/11 21:39:01 (permalink)
    Regarding snap, I can't seem to figure when it should and shouldn't work.

Basically X1 was released defective and broken. Bad enough that it cannot be used by many of us. Bad enough that it's been called a 'disaster' more than once.

Anyhow, I'll just enjoy the answers from the Damage Control Team. They are always a laugh.
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/11 21:44:24 (permalink)
    Basically X1 was released defective and broken.

Its working great for me. I'm confident that Cakewalk will release some fixes that will correct the problems that SOME people are having. 

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    cornieleous
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/11 21:54:08 (permalink)
    ailerom

No matter how often I change things like adding the cpu resource meter to the UI it is never there when I reload the project.  A similar thing with the snap function.  Everytime I load the project I have to turn it on and select the settings.

Regarding snap, I can't seem to figure when it should and shouldn't work.  When it is enabled it seems to work in some areas but not in others.  Mainly I care about settingt the play start point, setting loop points, positioning midi events and moving clips around.  I nearly always have it set to Snap - On, 1/8, midi only selected.  Sometimes it works but others not.

The snap issues are being addressed I think according to the latest list for X1B. If you can reproduce the other issues and report them to Cakewalk we would all be appreciative. I also had some oddities with display and layout changing when reloading projects, but could never reproduce it predictably enough to file a bug report. I have since reverted to 8.5 so I can make music.
    HumbleNoise
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2946
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/11 21:59:26 (permalink)
    Snap has a bit of a mind of its own and it takes some getting used to to get it flowing. And there are some aspects that do not work properly. Check the forum, there's a lot of posts re:snap. And check in preferences too to make sure magnetic strength is set to where it works for you.

And it's true, X1 is defective and broken for some and works great for others.

Some people have problems with bugs in X1, some not so much.

Some people's machines crash a lot, others don't.

Some people post here trying to help others and some cowardly people post here simply to take weak and pathetic pot shots at a program they're not smart enough to operate. You'll be able to tell the difference.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    giankap
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/11 22:27:59 (permalink)
    Some people post here trying to help others and some cowardly people post here simply to take weak and pathetic pot shots at a program they're not smart enough to operate. You'll be able to tell the difference.

!!!!!!!!! so true !!!!!!!!

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 00:10:10 (permalink)
    post edited by Bub - 2011/02/12 00:12:07

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Bub
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 00:11:40 (permalink)
    daveny5
    Basically X1 was released defective and broken.

Its working great for me.
    I'm sure it is except for these few minor things ...

(Incomplete) list of updated features in SONAR X1b:
    • Console Layout Improvements, Including:
      • Adjusted labels and selection boxes to reduce potential overlap.
      • Adjusted Narrow Strips in order to fit longer FX, Track, and I/O names.
      • An editable EQ plot has been added to Narrow Strips for ProChannel (Producer Only).
    • One-Shot Preview Mode Added to Browser.
    • MultiDock Improvements:
      • Hit-zone for docking has been limited to the top of the MultiDock.
      • When the MultiDock is floating, the "D" key now minimizes instead of collapsing it.
    • Snap Mode Toggle Added:
      • It is now possible to toggle between Snap-To and Snap-By with a keystroke.

(Incomplete) list of issues addressed in SONAR X1b:
    • Fixed an issue where ASIO devices could be lost.
    • Fixed an issue in the PRV causing 'Grid Resolution > Follow Snap Settings' to be unavailable.
    • Fixed an issue where Groove Clip looping of a MIDI clip could cause Inspector fields to disappear.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting automation data.
    • Fixed an issue with key-bindings and no project open.
    • Fixed an issue preventing Freeze commands from being key bindable.
    • Fixed AudioSnap quantize.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when scrolling.
    • Fixed an issue causing 'Preview at Host Tempo' to not work properly with REX and Acidized wav files.
    • Big Time color will now persist properly.
    • Fixed an issue with recording from multiple MIDI controllers simultaneously.
    • Fixed an issue causing the Track View to suddenly scroll.
    • Fixed an issue where Follow Transport enabled in the Matrix View would disable bounce and export commands.
    • Fixed an issue causing the EQ module’s Enable button to not be hidden properly (Studio and Essential only)
    • Fixed an issue with Snap when Musical settings are disabled.
    • Accessibility: Now able to bring focus to right side of Inspector using a PC keyboard.
    • Accessibility: Various strings updated.
    • Fixed a layout issue in the Volume module of the Console View.
    • Fixed an issue causing MDI windows to block Multidock hitzone.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when closing a project.
    • “Allow Only One Open Project at a Time” setting now works correctly.
    • It is now possible to open the Clip Properties panel of the Inspector by double-clicking a Clip.
    • Fixed an issue causing FX chain to move position when Properties page is open and the FX chain is bypassed.
    • Fixed various capitalization inconsistencies between parameter names
    • Fixed an issue causing Track Templates to load without folders and other data.
    • Fixed an issue causing the original BPM of Groove clips to not show in the Clip Properties panel.
    • Fixed an issue preventing effects plug-ins from remaining docked in the MultiDock.
    • AudioSnap Set Project Tempo from Clip is now functioning.
    • Fixed a potential crash that could occur when changing time durations of a V-Vocal clip.
    • Fixed a potential crash that could occur when removing a V-Vocal clip.
    • Fixed a potential crash that could occur when adjusting a V-Vocal clip.
    • Addressed an error with looping V-Vocal clips.
    • Included several general stability improvements when working with V-Vocal.
    Feb11 Update:
    • Fixed an issue causing Pan values to display cropped.
    • Fixed an issue causing the EQ plot in the Console View to disappear.
    • Addressed several possible scenarios causing Snap Settings to change unexpectedly.
    • Fixed a memory leak in SonitusFX Delay.
    • The Now Time format in the Control Bar will now persist correctly.
    • Narrow mode for Console View strips now persisted properly when opening and closing the ProChannel.
    • Implemented several performance improvements to the ProChannel UI.
    • Implemented several performance improvements to the Console View UI.
    • Implemented a performance improvement with the Snap Settings UI.
    • Fixed an issue causing Tip of the Day to appear for users of previous SONAR versions.
    • Fixed an issue causing the splash screen to appear too briefly.
    • Fixed an issue causing the audio Metronome to play unexpectedly.
    • Addressed an issue that could cause unexpected characters to appear in menus for some languages.
    • Fixed an issue causing WASAPI mode to be changed unexpectedly.
    Other than those, it's flying right along.

post edited by Bub - 2011/02/12 00:13:48

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    HumbleNoise
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 00:20:32 (permalink)
    Really Bub? Can't resist taking a shot instead of helping the OP?

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    ailerom
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 00:22:31 (permalink)
    That's good then, in a way.  Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.  Althought the magnetic strength could be a factor.  Thanks.
    HumbleNoise
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 01:04:43 (permalink)
    ailerom

That's good then, in a way.  Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.  Althought the magnetic strength could be a factor.  Thanks.

I have mine set to 'off' which turns off the magnetic feature and just makes notes snap or not depending on whether or not 'snap' is turned on or off. Adjust to taste.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Bub
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 01:09:53 (permalink)
    HumbleNoise

Really Bub? Can't resist taking a shot instead of helping the OP?
    I thought I was helping the OP by giving him facts as apposed to just spouting off that X1 is broken. :)

At least he see's some hope that things are being worked on now. Know what I mean? He must not have known about that fix list, otherwise he wouldn't have asked. Eh? It's all how you choose to look at it my friend. :)

HumbleNoise
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 01:18:02 (permalink)
    Gee I guess that was my bad.

I thought I read your post and that it quoted daveny5 directly and usually when you quote a previous post it means you are responding to that specific post.

But you thought you were helping the OP by responding to daveny5's post? Really?

I guess it does depend on how you look at it, but I've said my piece.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Bub
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 01:25:14 (permalink)
    I get just as frustrated with people saying it's working fine for them when there's a list of bugs the length of my arm, as you did by my post.

I'll meet you half way Larry, I'll admit it was a dual point post. How's that? ;-)

JClosed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 690
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 01:55:40 (permalink)
    Well - you COULD have just give a hint this list was in the "upcoming repairs" sticky above hm?

As you where presenting it now it seems to me as a childish attack to frighten a new user away by holding up a big sign "this software stinks - you are ripped". I said before I don't like your hatred attitude, but seeing this I can add the term "childish" to it.

We all agreed that the software has some bugs, and the people at Cakewalk are working hard to resolve the issues. While there are some people that are having issues, there are also people that do not have any big issues. Take a look at the Steinberg forum regarding the new Cubase 6 (yes I am testing that software too), an you see there are a LOT of issues there too. Difference between there and here? The attitude of the consumers! They are complaining, but you don't see any childish behaviour like some people here are expressing. Mabe they are more grown-up or something - I don't know...

Well - enough said... I have work to do...
    HumbleNoise
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 02:17:49 (permalink)
    Bub

I get just as frustrated with people saying it's working fine for them when there's a list of bugs the length of my arm, as you did by my post.

I'll meet you half way Larry, I'll admit it was a dual point post. How's that? ;-)

You know Bub, the other day I went off on a poster out of frustration. He called me on it. He was right. I apologized and said that my response was borne out of frustration and that frustration didn't belong as a response, or on this froum and that I'd do my best to keep it from happening again. Not sure it's possible but worth the try - for me.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Crush
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 02:20:02 (permalink)
    They are complaining, but you don't see any childish behaviour like some people here are expressing. Mabe they are more grown-up or something - I don't know...

Maybe the issues aren't as bad.
    Bub
    Re:Are these bugs or is it me? 2011/02/12 02:41:10 (permalink)
    JClosed

Well - you COULD have just give a hint this list was in the "upcoming repairs" sticky above hm?

As you where presenting it now it seems to me as a childish attack to frighten a new user away by holding up a big sign "this software stinks - you are ripped". I said before I don't like your hatred attitude, but seeing this I can add the term "childish" to it.
    Uh ... the post I made was a list of fixes that are being released soon in the X1b patch that was posted by Cakewalk.

How is that holding up a sign saying the software stinks? I was showing DaveNY that there are legitimate problems with X1 even though he won't admit it, and I was showing the OP and Crush that Cakewalk is fixing a lot of things in X1b.

How is that frightening off a new user? If anything, it should be encouraging to see it's being fixed.

You are way too sensitive JClosed, and you really have a hard time grasping what you read. Slow down and think before you accuse someone of being a hater next time.

Bub.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1