Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch?

Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
2012/09/26 17:30:18 (permalink)

Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch?

Haven't posted here in a while, and in fact haven't had my studio up and running in quite a while. But I'm installing Dim Pro and Rapture on my Mac (10.6.8), and although they both ask for (and accept) my serial numbers, they aren't asking for a registration code when I launch them. This happens either standalone microhost, as well as within Logic Pro 9.1.7. I seem to remember both asking for my registration code when I launched them, but I could be wrong. It's been at least 2 years since I last installed either one. Has the policy changed, or am I remembering incorrectly, or are they in some kind of demo-mode where they'll behave differently or time out or something? Any suggestions would be appreciated. - zevo
post edited by inmazevo - 2012/09/26 17:31:47

6 Replies Related Threads

inmazevo
    Re:Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch? 2012/09/26 17:33:41 (permalink)
    Also, how to you insert line breaks on this forum. All my line breaks are being stripped apparently.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch? 2012/09/26 22:40:26 (permalink)
    if you log into your cakewalk "my account" you'll get the numbers you need.

as for the lack of paragraphs, use chrome on this forum or an older firefox perhaps and it resolves that one.

inmazevo
    Re:Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch? 2012/09/27 12:49:32 (permalink)
    Thanks, Fog.
    I actually have the numbers, but the instruments aren't asking for them.
    They seem to work. I'm just wondering if they'll stop working at some point. It seems like I remember that they popped a dialog the first launch to ask for the registration numbers.

Hmm.  Ah well.

Thanks for the tip on the line breaks. Switched to Safari, and now they stick.

- zevo
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch? 2012/09/27 17:19:13 (permalink)
    Strange.  It won't install w/ out serial #.  And it should run as a demo for 30 days w/o reg #, but DimPro (and Rapt) make a point of asking for it when they are opened.  But that is all on the PC - don't know about Apple.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    inmazevo
    Re:Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch? 2012/09/28 11:22:45 (permalink)
    Both asked for and accepted the serial number during install. But neither are asking for the registration number when I launch them. But that's what I was worried about... demo mode. Great. Thanks for the info though. I'll get with Cake and see if they can figure it out. - zevo
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Aren't Dim Pro & Rapture supposed to ask for registration numbers on first launch? 2012/09/28 18:03:07 (permalink)
    Zevo,

there is a thread on the SONAR forum.  The installers for Rapt/DimPro are kinky right now.  Cake is working on them.  And there is a PC registry hack to fix them if you don't want to wait but I don't know how that works w/ Mac.  Are these old disks you are using?

Write a support email and hope they get around to it soon - a new release always keeps the bakers up late.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1