Author
audell
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 53
2006/12/07 12:32:42 (permalink)

Arp Trigger Grid?

Hi All...

While I love the fact that P5 has integrated Arps,

what bugs me about it is that they always seem only to trigger "on beat" not necessarily when I trigger it.

Am I the only one noticing this?

Sometimes I'd want to double trigger or stutter trigger (Sort of as if I were triggering a sample.)
the arp, but can't quite get the feel I'm looking for, like it triggers only on a fixed grid.

Now I sppose I cold freeze a Arp as a WAV and then load it into a sampler and get the effect I'm looking for...

but I hate not being able to go back and edit the data.

I also hate that there is no option to have the arp write the note data into the track and it only writes the trigger notes.

one the one hand it does make it wasy to editat a high level, but you don't get the detail necessary of you want to customize the result of what you've created using the arp.

Any thoughts?

Thx..

Alex

4 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Arp Trigger Grid? 2006/12/07 12:53:51 (permalink)
    The Arp is locked to Project5's tempo, internal clock, and divisions of that clock. In order for it to act as you describe, it would have to trigger off of MIDI note ons, in a free-running mode locked to frequency. Not a bad idea, though. Not bad at all.
    I also hate that there is no option to have the arp write the note data into the track and it only writes the trigger notes.
    I wouldn't say that there's no option; you just have to hack it around a little. This have been a very popular request since the day that version 2 was released. Hopefully, someone with the power to do something about that has noticed.
    gnie
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 776
    RE: Arp Trigger Grid? 2006/12/07 13:59:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock
    I wouldn't say that there's no option; you just have to hack it around a little. This have been a very popular request since the day that version 2 was released. Hopefully, someone with the power to do something about that has noticed.

Really? What options? I've been hoping for this as well.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Arp Trigger Grid? 2006/12/07 14:38:15 (permalink)
    What options?
    Here's a few:
    MIDI FX Inside Hardware Synths
    Arpeggiator Signal Flow
    X-Treme SFX

Poke around the Project5 Wiki and this forum. There's more descriptions out there, including how to ReWire the Arpeggiator into Sonar.
    gnie
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 776
    RE: Arp Trigger Grid? 2006/12/09 12:32:15 (permalink)
    Thanks, man.
    I'll check them out.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1