Arthritis and Playing A Guitar

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Arthritis and Playing A Guitar 2017/11/23 14:55:16 (permalink)
If the OP liked the feel of a Les Paul neck... but is looking for an acoustic electric:
As was mentioned above, check out the Taylor T5z
It's somewhat a "hybrid" instrument (not going to appeal to acoustic or electric purists)... but it sounds great and is super comfortable to play.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Arthritis and Playing A Guitar 2017/11/23 19:52:38 (permalink)
Funny reading my post from just before I was diagnosed with SIBO ( June 2016 ) and followed through with a program to get rid of it.  I was 100% successful and not only got rid of the SIBO my arthritis has gone away and I lost 35lbs to boot. It's all about diet my friends, Pills and supplements will only empty your wallet. No one diet is going to work for everybody. It's all tied into genetics and is too complicated to get into. You need to find a good Naturopath who believes in diet and not pills. 
But just to simplify,
No Sugar, No Starch, Avoid processed food. 
Cut back on Alcohol.  cut back on Coffee. 

We eat food that is not natural to us, this started in the 50's. Ya that's right , we have been raised on weird food and now it catches up with us. And guess what, red meat is good for you if it's not been fed the same crap we've been fed. It's not the meat that's bad, it's what's in it. The same for all food.  I'm lucky as I live in a rural area and can buy from local farms and raise my own food. Sure you'll pay a premium price for good quality organic food but that's money saved on medical bills.

We were the generation that said- "Don't trust anybody over 30" back in the 60's. Some went back to the land and gave up city life, It was a generation of change from believing everything the "man" told us was true. So stop eating the food the "man" is feeding you and I'll almost guarantee you'll start feeling better and soon be in good shape and will live to 100 and we can suck our pension funds dry. Those youngsters are so busy with there noses glued to the cell phone screens they won't mind :) 

Anyhow, I got rid of the Taylor GS mini because it kept breaking strings and the PU system sucked. I bought a Garrison folk electric and it has a neck on it like a Telecaster. To bad GIBSON shut the factory down!!! Great guitar I love it to death. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1