Arturia DX 7V

Author
Johnbee58
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 946
2018/05/29 11:52:09 (permalink)

Arturia DX 7V

Hi Guys!
I've been making music since 1977, though nothing commercial has come of it.  I've also been through several types of recording setups from simple mono cassette recorder, through 4 track cassette portastudios and various digital setups.
I remember in 1988 being totally enamored by the Yamaha DX7 digital FM synth, but at a $2000.00 price tag there was no way I could touch one.  Almost anything produced musically in the 80s had one of these beauties on it, so if you've heard music at all from that period of time you probably heard something with it woven into it.

Arturia recently released a software version https://www.arturia.com/products/dx7-v/overview and if you're like me and ever longed to get your hands on the hardware version, now you can own a great software version for 1/10th the price of the original.  It comes with many of the original factory presets, you can learn FM synthesis (if you don't know it already) and program your own patches and you can even download original DX7 patches from various place on the internet and use them in this.

Just thought I'd pass this on to all who love classic and vintage synths.  It's a great product.   One of the best VSTIs I ever bought.

John B

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1