As tech support has disappeared

Author
Too little time
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2018/06/04 20:09:33 (permalink)

As tech support has disappeared

Hi, I'm giving Sonar Platinum a try after a few years using logic (I need new mac, and to just use pc would be great). I see tech support has disappeared but want I want to know is 1) How do I upgrade to export as mp3? 2) I don't seem to have addictive drums and the download available is just a pdf manual. Is there some way I can download the softwatre (I have Sonar Platinum). 3) I am getting Audio dropouts. My buffer size is 4, Asio buffer size is 96 samples. All other programs are switched off. etc Any ideas? 4) When I tried to export audio I couldn't export as mp3 for reason above so exported as flac, on playback there were small gaps in the audio. Is there a reason or better format to export in that is compatible with Youtube and other internet uploading formats. 5) Is Sonar worth the effort of trying to use with the lack of support available etc. I like the sound I'm getting and many of the features but it often seems to lack an obvious choice for what you want to do. Selecting track with mouse for example is not there.

Apologies for so many questions but any answers to any of the question would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: As tech support has disappeared 2018/06/04 20:20:52 (permalink)
    Mp3 was added to Platinum with the 2017.04 release. Older versions need the unlock program.
    https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013382/Addictive-Drums-2-Installation-Instructions
    Try a larger Audio buffer. Other ideas for dropouts are here.

If you want a supported version consider Cakewalk by BandLab. It is free, based on Platinum and supported.
    Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: As tech support has disappeared 2018/06/04 22:11:21 (permalink)
    Seconding scook. Get Cakewalk by BandLab, it's free and the extras you installed with Platinum will be recognized by CbB.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    35mm
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1105
    Re: As tech support has disappeared 2018/06/04 22:35:55 (permalink)
    Just to fill you in, while you have been away Gibson shut down Cakewalk and Sonar was no more. Bandlab have taken it on and have made Sonar's core software free to registered Bandlab members and it's now just called Cakewalk (by Bandlab). All you have to do is register on bandlab.com. Use the same email address as the one in your current Cakewalk account as your account will be migrated over to Bandlab at some point. All of this happened during the last few months so things are still being transitioned. For now, keep Sonar installed and Cakewalk will install next to it and you will be able to continue using all your Platinum extras.

Regarding Addictive Drums, you would have registered that over at XLN audio. So if you login to their site you should be able to download it.

As for audio dropouts, your ASIO buffer is set quite low especially if you have a lot of plugins in use and other stuff going on. I would increase it until you get the right performance.

The old tech support has gone, but there is a new one now, somewhere. They won't be able to help with older versions though.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
    bluzdog
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1928
    Re: As tech support has disappeared 2018/06/04 22:52:32 (permalink)
    2) I don't seem to have addictive drums and the download available is just a pdf manual. Is there some way I can download the softwatre (I have Sonar Platinum).

You need to copy your Addictive serial number from your Cakewalk account page, go to the XLN audio site create an account and claim your product(s). I would do this soon, due to the situation explained by 35mm there's no telling how long it will be available.

Rocky
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1