Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App!

Author
Johnbee58
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 946
2018/10/05 19:58:14 (permalink)

Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App!

I tried a second time to download and install Cakewalk By Bandlab to a second PC.  Again, the downloader does NOTHING!!!  So, am I to believe that if I would ever have to re download this program to my main music PC because of a HDD issue it would be a crap shoot as to whether it would work or not?  Are we only allowed one install per account?  Somebody please tell me what's going on.

Thank you

John B

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007

5 Replies Related Threads

msmcleod
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App! 2018/10/05 22:40:17 (permalink)
    Johnbee58
    I tried a second time to download and install Cakewalk By Bandlab to a second PC.  Again, the downloader does NOTHING!!!  So, am I to believe that if I would ever have to re download this program to my main music PC because of a HDD issue it would be a crap shoot as to whether it would work or not?  Are we only allowed one install per account?  Somebody please tell me what's going on.

Thank you

John B

I've got it installed on 5 PC's, so there's definitely no limit.

I suggest you uninstall BandLab Assistant, and re-install it.

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    Johnbee58
    Re: Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App! 2018/10/06 00:59:12 (permalink)
    msmcleod
    Johnbee58

Thank you

John B

I've got it installed on 5 PC's, so there's definitely no limit.

I suggest you uninstall BandLab Assistant, and re-install it.

Did that twice already.  Same results.

JB

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
    NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007
    Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    Re: Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App! 2018/10/06 01:22:20 (permalink)
    Likely something on your system is blocking the download. Also try turning off your firewall or clear your chrome browser cache etc. You might want to contact support to help you troubleshoot if you cant resolve it. 

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App! 2018/10/06 01:40:00 (permalink)
    Try a different browser (ie. if you're on Firefox, use Chrome instead) to download the Bandlab Assistant installer.

It also wouldn't hurt to start everything with "Run as Administrator".

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    Johnbee58
    Re: Asking Noel or Somebody From Bandlab. Bandlab Assistant Is Not Downloading App! 2018/10/06 01:45:25 (permalink)
    Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Likely something on your system is blocking the download. Also try turning off your firewall or clear your chrome browser cache etc. You might want to contact support to help you troubleshoot if you cant resolve it. 

That occurred to me too.  I have Webroot for security on all of my PCs and it didn't interfere with the music PC, but the win 10 PC is probably a different animal.  Anyway, I changed my mind on the second PC install as I don't really want to deal with things like ASIO drivers and all of that just to run Scaler in my bedroom.  I just wanted to make you aware of a possible installer issue, but if nobody else is having these issues I'll just let it go and deal with it if and when I really have to.

Thanks
    John B.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1