Helpful ReplyAudio Clip Stretching?

Author
xVinci
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/09/11 13:03:28 (permalink)

Audio Clip Stretching?

Hello,

I have an Audio Clip thats about one second too short to fit in the proper measures where it should be.
I would like to stretch the audio of the whole clip so it fits, is there a way to do this?

I already tried the "slip-stretch" part mentioned in the help, but that only adds silence for the missing second,
it does not really "stretch" the clip, it just makes it longer. Also using the Control Key as mentioned in the help
section did not have any effect.

Last but not least, while investigating this it says "this will not work with groove clips". How can I see if it is
a groove clip? How can I see if I create normal or groove clips when recording? And how do I convert normal
to groove and vice-versa? I really think these things should be answered in the help sections, but I found
them raising more questions than answering.

Thanks for help.
The Band19
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2795
Re: Audio Clip Stretching? 2014/09/15 19:44:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby xVinci 2014/09/15 20:03:51
You can stretch things really well with soundforge and other tools. There are artifacts, but the main thing I use it for is to maintain the key, but "slow it down" so you can hear the nuances... Then you can learn it at practice it and build the speed until you have it where it needs to be. SF does this pretty well "for the whole song." I use Sonar to record and mix with, but use other tools as well. Good luck, I hope you figure it out with Cake and have success.

Sittin downtown in a railway station one toke over the line.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Audio Clip Stretching? 2014/09/15 19:49:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby xVinci 2014/09/15 20:03:24
xVinci

Last but not least, while investigating this it says "this will not work with groove clips". How can I see if it is
a groove clip? How can I see if I create normal or groove clips when recording? And how do I convert normal
to groove and vice-versa?

Groove clips have rounded corners. CTRL+L toggles groove clip state.

This is a very low activity forum. For questions about the X series versions of SONAR, try posting in the X series forum above.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1