Audio Engine not starting up

Author
Leat
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2017/12/30 21:27:15 (permalink)

Audio Engine not starting up

Unless it's because I directed the entire install to my D:\ drive, which it had no issues doing, the audio engine won't even start.

This was set up and working, now IDK what to do for this. I had attempted to download fl studio producer edition as someone suggested because I'm using Sonar HS 4 XL that it's old software, and needed to get updated software. Which in turn gave me MALWARE VIRUS AND WORMS TROJANS so NOW IM STARTING OVER because some EGG HEAD THINGS NEWER IS ALWAYS BETTER and it's not. Not for me. Had to do a complete reset and fresh install.

I got Midiyoke working again, got VMPK set up, however I cannot for the life of me figure out why my audio engine won't start. Tried WDM, ASIO, and MME drivers. Nothing allows the audio engine to start. Halp?

Windows 10 fresh and I did some tweaks, gonna tweak some more, but now idk why it won't produce an audio sound. AT ALL.

P.S. don't try to get newer software unless you buy it, cause hackers are evil.

7 Replies Related Threads

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2017/12/31 17:01:05 (permalink)
    Whenever that happens to me its because I have too many plugins in the project and my ASIO buffers are too small. How did they get too small? Becuase I was previoulsy in another project without lots/any plugins doing tracking at a small buffer size.

HTH.
    Cactus Music
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2017/12/31 17:45:10 (permalink)
    Why on earth did you think a hacked version would be safe to use? There are demos of all major DAWs and many are under $100 to purchase legally. Sonar Home Studio was only $50 and has been on sale for as low as $30 so there is no reason to use hacked software in this day and age. I just bought MIxbus for $30. 

And you need to know what your doing to install software to another drive. I wouldn't recommend that. Always install the program to your C drive and then you can put other stuff like samples on a data drive. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

brundlefly
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2017/12/31 17:46:35 (permalink)
    Uncheck Stop at Project End in track view options, enable the audio metronome for playback, and see if the transport will run with no other content in a new project started from the Blank or Basic template.

If not, make sure you have audio I/O channels enabled in Audio > Devices, and Playback and Record Timing Masters set to channels of the same device/driver in Audio > Driver Settings.

What audio interface?

SONAR Platinum x64, 2x MOTU 2408/PCIe-424  (24-bit, 48kHz)
    Win10, I7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 24GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GTX 750Ti, 2x 24" 16:10 IPS Monitors
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2017/12/31 18:14:50 (permalink)
    what does windows event log say?

just a sec

Leat
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2017/12/31 19:08:25 (permalink)
    Problem solved, it was my buffer size.

And no, new software doesn't mean improved performace. I don't have an 8gb RAM arsenal or an 8 core cpu, jeez guys I'm a broke college student. Not everyone in music industry is made of money. It doesn't just grow on my limbs.

Yes, but who wants a demo. If you mention cost, I ignore it. Simple as that. I've been using SHS 4 XL for years with no issue. Windows 10 itself has provided some issues, but nonetheless.

It's bad advice. telling people to get something they dont need. I have what i need, and I am very content with what I have.

And since I don't have money, getting the software in a method not to be mentioned, is pretty much the only way. However now what else you don't realize, is I'm doing this all on a tablet pc, with only 32gb ssd and a 16gb sd card.

I did install cakewalk onto my D:\ Drive, no problems. It opens up and runs just fine. Installing everything to C:\ is not always the best viable option. C:\ is Windows main drive, so allowing Windows room for its fenagles, is a good idea.

Just because you do things a certain way doesn't mean everyone must conform to your configuration. I was asking for help, not asking what else I need to get. There's a difference, and I'd say you're a legit ****.

Besides the audio buffer issue, there's multiple outputs on my intel audio, not sure what for, but using a specific one was the fix, as well as selecting MS wavetable synth.

You can't expect peoples problems to be like a Mac user, change the hardware. I'm a windows guy, so it's the software thats important. You could have the best hardware and the worst put together daw, and nothing would fix it. just saying, and all Apple products are for bozos.
    sharke
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2017/12/31 19:21:15 (permalink)
    Problem solved, that's all you needed to say. No need for the semi coherent rant.

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    sdtmusicman
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Audio Engine not starting up 2018/09/04 11:10:49 (permalink)
    I had the same issue - could not get Cakewalk's audio engine to start. I went through every setting, driver update, reinstalled cakewalk. The solution: Uncheck the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" item under \Edit\Preferences\MIDI\Devices. Once I did this, everything worked. My audio interface has MIDI capabilities, so the thought is that the two MIDI devices were conflicting. Hope this helps. SDT
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1