Audio Record Volume ??

Author
ldweber51
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2006/05/04 16:45:22 (permalink)

Audio Record Volume ??

hello all!

I'm a bit confused on how you actually control the record volume during recording. If i use the windows sound meter, nothing happens if I slide the volume high or low.

Where can you control the 'recording volume within the software??

Thanking you in advance, Larry...

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Audio Record Volume ?? 2006/05/04 17:53:23 (permalink)
    Larry - if you are using a Master bus (and you should be) then the final level of the output volume is set by the slider(s) on that bus track. Volume is also affected by any effects that you add to that bus. Basically you should shoot for somewhere between -6dB and 0dB but not ever going OVER 0dB in your final mix (and actually none of your individual tracks should ever have anything over 0dB either because you'll cause digital clipping - not a pretty sound!).

that's for the output, tho, and I actually think you were asking about input, so I guess I said too much about the wrong thing. Input levels are controlled by the individual track sliders. If you are in the Track View, Press "I" on the keyboard and a window on the left should either appear or go away. that window shows several controls, one of which is a slider that controls the "volume" of whichever track you currnetly have highlighted. that could be audio tracks, midi tracks or any of the buses such as the master bus that I mentioned above, it just depends on what you have selected as your current selection.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    ldweber51
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: Audio Record Volume ?? 2006/05/04 19:56:35 (permalink)
    Thanks Beagle,

I'll give your tips a try tomorrow & see if that will help!

Larry...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1