Audio Syncronization Problem w/Sonar 3 PE

Author
frozentundra
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2008/09/08 20:44:57 (permalink)

Audio Syncronization Problem w/Sonar 3 PE

I will start this post by saying that I am more of a NEWB self-trained enthusiast than an engineering guru so please acknowledge that first and foremost. I have an issue regarding timing syncronization. When I record an audio track using the metronome, the audio does not map to the track timing grid on the correct downbeat, rather Sonar places the newly recorded track about one 1/8 beat behind (if starting recording on measure 3 in track view, when recording is stopped the track maps to the grid @ roughly 3:01:48 or thereabouts). Also, if I record say a 2nd audio track, I cannot have the first audio track soloed as the timing will be delayed with the currently recording 2nd track. The funny thing is when I finish recording the second audio track and solo both track 1 & 2, they will playback in sync, but still offset from the timing grid collectively. The audio quality itself is just fine (no latency type audio issues, etc.)I have experimented with the latency and I don't believe that is the issue, as my CPU seems to handle the audio data transfer fine. I haven't had this issue in the past but one new thing I have experimented with is that I installed Sonar on my new Mac Book computer (Black one w/Leopard OS) using bootcamp (allowing Windows OS to operate) hoping to still be able to use Sonar. I am using Windows XP w/SP2 so I don't believe hardware to be an issue. Is this issue something you can help me with or at least have experienced/seen before? I'm sure I have overlooked something simple but any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Audio Syncronization Problem w/Sonar 3 PE 2008/09/08 20:47:34 (permalink)
    update sonar 3 producer to the latest version of 3
    Also, whats your sound card and pc specs??
    I don't believe hardware to be an issue.

Yes it is harware related (config errors)
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1