Audio effects and processes greyed out

Author
bobbieshaftoe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2005/06/19 12:30:05 (permalink)

Audio effects and processes greyed out

Hi everyone
I just bought GTP3 after deciding guitarport was crap. So far very happy but... my electric guitar (Les Paul Standard/Passive pickups) signal is not hot enough going into the board (I'm using M-Audio Fasttrack USB), tryed to fix it with +3db or normalize but all of those options seem to be greyed out and unavailable to me! I payed a lot of $$$$ for this program and would like to have access to all of it obviously!!! Anyone know what might be wrong?

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP1600+
1.41 Ghz
80 gig HD
512 RAM
M-audio Fasttrack USB

3 Replies Related Threads

voice
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 99
    RE: Audio effects and processes greyed out 2005/06/19 23:23:31 (permalink)
    Am sure you have thought of this, and it is actually a simple thing, but are you clicking on the track or wav file in edit mode, then trying it?

When all is gone, one voice will come forth.
    dana7
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 291
    RE: Audio effects and processes greyed out 2005/06/19 23:32:07 (permalink)
    tryed to fix it with +3db or normalize but all of those options seem to be greyed out

First things first. You gotta have a good input signal. You need a preamp of some kind. You likely have something laying around you can use (perhaps an old tape deck?) or at least buy a cheap mixer with a preamp (under $50 US) to get your signal up a few dB. Relying on software normalizing to get your levels up will usually result in a crappy recording with noticeable background noise.

southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: Audio effects and processes greyed out 2005/06/19 23:41:16 (permalink)
    the fx you are referencing (+3db & normailze) are not "live" fx they are for mixing a track after recording and as such are greyed out during a monitoring situation. the fx you need to boost your signal (although a pre is always a good option, I use fasttrack and don't always use my pre though) right-click on the fx bin (blue box in mix view). that is where the live signal fx are located and they also, of course, can be applied to tracks after recording them.

peace

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1