Audio pops and dropout

Author
Mookie5
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/06/18 14:29:23 (permalink)

Audio pops and dropout

Hello all,

I am sure that this has been addressed in the forum before but I am new the board so please any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I have a emachine PC with a 2.80 gigahertz intell P4, 80gb drive and 512mb of ddr sdram. I am using CW GT Pro 3.0 with an EMU 0404 card and patchmix. I am trying to record at 96k/24. Everything I record from my POD pro has pops and clicks and drop out. I have adjusted I/O buffer up and down. I have disabled my screen saver. I have in short done everything in the guide to correct this but I can`t get it to stop. I never had this problem with the previous version using WDM drivers at 44k, but as soon as I started with ASIO drivers and this new software the problem persists.

Can anybody help? Anytime I call CW customer support I get a guy who really does not want to help and Asks me " Did you read the manual". I have read the manual and I am familiar with some of what is in there but I have had no luck with Cakewalk CS. The folks over at EMU have been great but they say this is a CW problem.

1 Reply Related Threads

justpicaname
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: Audio pops and dropout 2006/06/20 20:33:08 (permalink)
    try recording at 48k 16 bit, see if that works better, if so I'd say you may have too meny background programs running ctr-alt-del, and close everything that you don't need to keep the computer running. also how much free hard drive space do you have? have you defraged lately? Are you using alot of effects when you record? try recording in mono.

Hope some of this helps
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1