Audiosnap 2 - replacing old drum track

Author
jmasno5
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
2011/12/26 13:37:39 (permalink)

Audiosnap 2 - replacing old drum track

Hello members. I am going through some 4 track audio tapes of old tunes from way back. I brought the tracks into the digital age with X1. I thought what a great way to learn Audiosnap 2.0 by replacing my lifeless drum machine tracks. I thought I was doing everything right. I set Project to follow clip, which in this case is the drum machine track. The time line Measure markers lined up perfectly with transients of the drum track. At this point I inserted a Session Drummer 3 pattern. At first I thought it was locked in. However, after 12 measures or so Session Drummer started to drift. The tempo from the audio tape is not rock solid. I guess due to wow and flutter of the tape transport when the conversion to digital was done. You can not hear any tempo changes, only see it in X1. Very minor. Can someone out there walk me through step by step working with Audiosnap 2 for what I want to do here? Starting with selecting a track and applying Audiosnap. I must be missing a step or two. Yes, I have looked around for this on the Internet. Unfortunately, Audiosnap does so many things. I found something using the original version but got lost because the controls are different in version 2.0. Thank you.

John Masarone - J Mas No. 5
jmasno5.com
broadjam.com/jmasno5
masarone.bandcamp.com
SoundCloud Set List
Intel i5, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit, Scarlett 18i20
Sonar Home Studio 4 & 7, Studio 8.5, Producer X1, X2, X3, Platinum and now... Cakewalk by BL and Studio One!

2 Replies Related Threads

Bill Jackson [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 519
    Re:Audiosnap 2 - replacing old drum track 2011/12/26 22:39:53 (permalink)
    Hi.  This may be the tutorial you mentioned.  It's for 1.0.  but the underlying concepts are nearly identical.

This, in combination with the help file's section on "Extracting MIDI timing information from audio," should get you on the right path.

http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013031

Bill Jackson
    Product Manager
    Cakewalk

jmasno5
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 453
    Re:Audiosnap 2 - replacing old drum track 2012/01/19 16:15:12 (permalink)
    Thank you for the info. It did help.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1