Audiosnap, groove looping, following tempo......confusion

Author
hyperconnected
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2010/07/21 12:11:17 (permalink)

Audiosnap, groove looping, following tempo......confusion

Ok I understand how to use Audiosnap, and I like to use it because as I understand (and can hear) the quality is higher that grooveclips.  But why cant I loop the audiosnap segments? Why don't they sync to tempo after I time stretch them?  It seems odd to have to do a destructive pitch shift first, then tempo stretch.... it seems to me that if for example you have to speed up and increase the pitch or slowdown and lower the pitch that a single transformation would give better quality because you can already get part of the way to where you are going with sample rate conversion (which is lossless) before applying the heavy math and compensation etc.

Assuming that quality is not up for compromise: are grooveclips used by musicians in the creative process then for the final mix replaced by audiosnap?  I'm I missing something? 

2 Replies Related Threads

brundlefly
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re:Audiosnap, groove looping, following tempo......confusion 2010/07/21 12:58:43 (permalink)
    Yes, SONAR does not have the ability to re-sample audio so that both the pitch and tempo change together. This is an odd omission that I would expect to be remedied in a the relatively near future.

In my experience, Groove-Clips can give as good or better stretching results than AudioSnap, depending on the material, and are an easy way to implement both looping and tempo change following at the same time. But it's not entirely clear what all you are trying to accomplish, so it's hard to say this is the best solution.

simpleman
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re:Audiosnap, groove looping, following tempo......confusion 2010/07/21 13:11:29 (permalink)
    Audiosnap and V-Vocal are best described as Design Specific Audio Editors. They both have multiple uses. They are used to correct audio issues, not primarily for errors but to design the sounds as you want to create them to be. So, it is a combination of clip design and error correction. Grooveclips are to be used for song creation. Midi grooveclips and audio grooveclips can be edited, but more to the sound of the song your are composing.

So, in the end grooveclips will be present in the final mixing stage more so than audiosnap.

Even though in reality at the point of doing your final mix, both audiosnap and grooveclips issues should be done with and you are dealing with completed wav tracks.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1