Auditioning files in Beatscape

Author
doc_drop
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 292
2008/10/15 15:57:38 (permalink)

Auditioning files in Beatscape

I thought maybe one of you Beatscapin' wizards out there could help me with this.

I haven't found a convienient way to audition files before I put them on the pads. It isn't too bad of a hassle for the included rxp files, since you can drag them on a pad, play it and clear it if it isn't what you wanted. But, user files aren't so easy. In fact the only way I have been able to load them at all has been by dragging them to pads from Windows Explorer. The "new and improved" loop browser doesn't allow me to do this. And loading riff wav. files is worse than rxp's. The only way I have been able to load them is drag them to a track in Sonar, bounce down as a clip and drag that to a Beatscape pad.

I'm sure I am missing something...or not. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,
Doc DROP

5 Replies Related Threads

Somerset
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: Auditioning files in Beatscape 2008/10/16 02:21:24 (permalink)
    You can audition sounds by holding down the Alt key, and then clicking (and holding) the left mouse button on the sample name. As soon as you release the mouse button the sound will stop playing.
    ducatibruce2
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 557
    RE: Auditioning files in Beatscape 2008/10/16 08:13:59 (permalink)
    In fact the only way I have been able to load them at all has been by dragging them to pads from Windows Explorer.

I've noticed that this creates a copy of the dragged file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape\User Samples\Imported
    Which is kind of a pain.

There is a registry key that will let you relocate the location of "User Samples" so at least it's not your C drive getting cluttered up with duplicates of files. But still a pain.

S8.5.3PE & X1d P Exp & X2P, Q6600 @3Ghz, 4GB DDR2, XP SP3
    With Knobs: 2 x Yamaha i88x mlan (ASIO), RS7000, Motif ESR, Roland SI24, VSynth XT, Varios, Fantom XR, JunoD, HPD10, Korg PadKontrol
    No knobs: P5, DimPro, Rapture, Z3ta+, IK stuff, ReCycle, Komplete8
    doc_drop
    RE: Auditioning files in Beatscape 2008/10/16 11:09:00 (permalink)
    Thanks Sommerset. But are we talking about in the Beatscape browser? Because until you import user files, there aren't any to alt-click on. I had to use Windows Explorer to import them. Or are you talking about in the Sonar loop preview browser?

Thanks,
    Doc DROP
    Somerset
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: Auditioning files in Beatscape 2008/10/16 22:15:46 (permalink)
    I was talking about the Beatscape browser. It seems like you have to move, or else copy your user loops into the User Grooves folder to make a general purpose user library for all your projects. When the user files are in the User Grooves folder you can audition them from within the Beatscape browser, same as auditioning factory library files. This is easier than loading sounds onto pads to hear them. It would have been handy to be able to navigate to other folders using the Beatscape browser but it hasn't been implemented like that.

ORIGINAL: doc_drop

Thanks Sommerset. But are we talking about in the Beatscape browser? Because until you import user files, there aren't any to alt-click on. I had to use Windows Explorer to import them. Or are you talking about in the Sonar loop preview browser?

Thanks,
    Doc DROP

doc_drop
    RE: Auditioning files in Beatscape 2008/10/17 12:03:39 (permalink)
    Thanks Somerset. I hope they make it easier to audition files before you inport them, as I don't really want to import a bunch of files only to find out they don't work with my song...

Bakers?

Doc DROP
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1