Automation issue - Plugin toggles on and off during Export function

Author
Chevy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 168
2018/04/17 02:37:17 (permalink)

Automation issue - Plugin toggles on and off during Export function

I have an automation lane set up on a vocal bus very simply to turn Izotope's "Vinyl" plugin on for two verses of the vocal track, then turn it off.  It works fine during playback within Sonar X3 Studio.

But when I do an Export Audio, I can see the the Bypass/On button (on the lower right of the Vinyl plugin gui) toggle back and forth during the "On" period of the automation. It should just be ON and not toggling during these 2 verses, just like it does when doing a playback within Sonar. This on and off can be heard in the exported audio file.  There is also the usual "Bypass" button/indicator on the upper left hand corner, and that one displays status as is should...  on when it should be on, off when it should be off, following the automation properly.  It's the other Bypass/On button that does the toggling. 

It never used to do this.  Always seemed to work before.  I downloaded the Vinyl plugin anew, deinstalled the old one and installed the new one just to check, and same problem. 

I have H-Delay on the same vocal bus as well, automated...  and it is behaving as it should, following the automation lane. 

Any ideas?  I've restarted the computer, redid the plugin, deleted it off the track and reinstated, no joy...  can't think of what can be causing this issue. Especially since it wasn't there in the past. 

Focal Alpha 50's, Adam Sub7, Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen, Intel i5-2400 3.1GHZ quad core, 12GB Ram, Win 10, Sonar X3e Studio 64 bit.

1 Reply Related Threads

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: Automation issue - Plugin toggles on and off during Export function 2018/04/17 16:18:24 (permalink)
    I've had issues with other plugins when automating the Bypass function, and decided it was more reliable to automate the Mix control instead. That also assures smooth transitions between "on" and "off". I avoid Mute automation for the same reason. If Vinyl doesn't have a Mix knob, split the vocal track into effected and dry clips and move the effected clips into a separate track. No automation required.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1