Automation node deletion woes

Author
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
2017/07/15 02:39:37 (permalink)

Automation node deletion woes

Just been driving myself mental trying to delete a bunch of automation nodes on a track. The track consists of a load of midi drum clips. The automation track (buss send level) has created a load of nodes all set to zero. After these nodes I have some automation for the send at -8db. The track directly below this track is a folder containing several bass tracks. So when I right click and lasso the extraneous nodes it also selects the bass clips below it. I am not lassoing anywhere near that track - not over the dividing line anyway! So trying to grab these nodes is also grabbing the clips on the following track so if I hit delete I loose my bass parts too.

OK so then I try to be smart (I'm fuming by this stage by the way). I decide that I can lasso the nodes and although the bass clips will get selected too, I can drag the nodes up from the zero position without that having any effect on the bass clips. I did that and it worked, so then I could lasso the nodes without selecting anything unwanted - cool. But selecting those nodes then hitting delete now also deletes my automation that follows that - even though it wasn't selected. I had this problem years ago in Sonar 8 - is this the same bug? Will someone please tell me what's going on? I should be asleep now, but trying to make music and feeling like Sonar is trying to hinder me rather than help! 

I've been happily doing my thing with Splat for ages now without any major issues and loving it as always. Now, I have steam billowing from my ears, I'm considering filing for divorce (from Sonar) or even jumping on a plane to Boston and standing outside Cakewalk Towers hurling abuse at the bakers (again - got arrested last time). It's late. I'm tired. What am I missing?

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.

8 Replies Related Threads

Steve_Karl
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 12:33:07 (permalink)
    version?

Steve Karl
    https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
    SPLAT 2017.01
    35mm
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 14:53:44 (permalink)
    Latest version 2017.06 - last update

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
    Steve_Karl
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 16:21:38 (permalink)
    You could try deleting the whole envelope.

Steve Karl
    https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
    SPLAT 2017.01
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 18:22:36 (permalink)
    Can't say I have experienced this. I might try
    • (temporarily) moving the track to the bottom of the project or
    • Copy paste the automation to another track, then delete the original automation lane. Then see if it could be cleaned up and pasted back into the original track.
    wruess
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 83
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 18:53:58 (permalink)
    Insert an empty track below the midi drum track with the automation you're trying to select.  Give you some space to lasso those nodes.
    konradh
    Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3325
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 21:39:31 (permalink)
    Maybe I need a visual, but if you select only the drum track and drag in the timeline to select a region, can you do EDIT | CUT | TRACK/BUS AUTOMATION?  Be sure to deselect EVENTS.

I do sometimes have to do EDIT | SELECT NONE and the select the track in question

Apologies if I misunderstand what's going on or am being too basic for you.

Konrad
    Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
    gustabo
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2591
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/15 23:39:14 (permalink)
    Have you tried "Delete Special"?

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
    M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
    Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
    Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
    PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

35mm
    Re: Automation node deletion woes 2017/07/16 00:23:19 (permalink)
    konradh
    Maybe I need a visual, but if you select only the drum track and drag in the timeline to select a region, can you do EDIT | CUT | TRACK/BUS AUTOMATION?  Be sure to deselect EVENTS.

I do sometimes have to do EDIT | SELECT NONE and the select the track in question

Apologies if I misunderstand what's going on or am being too basic for you.

I did try making a video of the problem, but my screen video software can't cope with my audio hardware and the Camtasia demo only does SD and it looked crap. I will persevere at trying to capture it as that will make a lot more sense than me trying to explain the problem. I am sure!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1