Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
polarbear
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1212
2017/08/25 00:54:21 (permalink)

Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help

Hey Everyone,

So I have gotten things in TotalMix to a point where it's USABLE... but i'm freaking scared to touch anything because it's so damn confusing for me haha. (What ever happened to a gain knob and a volume knob and done? haha).

Anyway, is there any chance someone would be willing to maybe do a chat with me one day either over the phone or video or just text and help me out with understanding it so I actually know what I'm doing? I've tried watching YouTube videos and reading documentations and I just don't get what I'm doing... It's a miracle I've managed to create a volume slider for my monitors and my headphones... But I barely know how I did it... Just guess work and YouTube videos. Would be very appreciative if I could find someone to help out haha.

http://www.bydavidrosen.com
http://www.imdb.me/davidrosen
Winner of Best Song of 2007 at Acidplanet.com!

PC Audio Labs Rokbox OB1 - Gigabyte X99-UD4-CF - Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz - 32GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 7700 - Windows 7 Pro
Sonar Platinum - Komplete 9 Ultimate - Spectrasonics Omnisphere - reFX Nexus2 - And the list goes on...
RME BabyFace Pro - M-Audio Keystation 88es

38 Replies Related Threads

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/08/25 20:33:42 (permalink)
    I'd be glad to.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    polarbear
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1212
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/08/28 16:20:32 (permalink)
    Hey thank you, but I actually found out about a support phone call thing they offer and did a whole call with them a little bit ago. I think I'm finally understanding how all of this works now, but if I run into any other issues I may come back here :-)

http://www.bydavidrosen.com
    http://www.imdb.me/davidrosen
    Winner of Best Song of 2007 at Acidplanet.com!

PC Audio Labs Rokbox OB1 - Gigabyte X99-UD4-CF - Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz - 32GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 7700 - Windows 7 Pro
    Sonar Platinum - Komplete 9 Ultimate - Spectrasonics Omnisphere - reFX Nexus2 - And the list goes on...
    RME BabyFace Pro - M-Audio Keystation 88es
    gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/08/28 16:59:55 (permalink)
    Don't miss the DigiCheck software that you can download from RME. Lots of great stuff in there too.

I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    batsbrew
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10037
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/08/28 17:14:23 (permalink)
    iv'e got a BFP as well...

the way the mixer works is pretty slick,
    ONCE you've gotten the basics down.

best source i've found is on utoob...

it starts HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CirlPcokfQ

and has 10 chapters

Bats Brew music Streaming
    Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --
    Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

Vastman
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2508
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/09/02 01:13:16 (permalink)
    Thanks... was about to return my BFP also...Sweetwater says the total mix is their biggest headache...And get a lot of returns for this alone

My time to create is limited these days and after spending hours trying to get things sorted...during my one evening where this was possible...i gave up in frustration and hooked back up my Forte and was working in two minutes... This suppository amazing mix thing needs a simple option... don't need all their stuff

I'll take a look at the vids

Dana
    We make the future... Climate Change Music
    VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
    Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
    Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
    NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
    tlw
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2567
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/09/03 16:14:48 (permalink)
    I find Totalmix extremely useful. It's a beast of a thing, one of the most flexible digital mixers there is, but once set up I find I rarely need to do much with it other than switching inout channel monitoring on or off or setting mic pre gain levels.

The full thing is possibly a bit over-kill for the Babyface's small number of ins and outs I suppose, but if you can connect ADAT units to the BF then it makes sense the faciity to deal with them is there.

I just tell Totalmix not to show me inputs and outputs I've nothing attached to which tidies the interface up quite a lot. Also, I never use "DAW mode". RME seem to suggest you should with a DAW but it's actually much more limited than the "full" interface where anything can be routed anywhere if you need to monitor some channels via the DAW and some direct through the interface.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
    ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
    Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
    bokchoyboy
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/15 05:12:11 (permalink)
    Just got my bfp today and boy am I lost...next stop vids... just about blew out my eardrums trying to get the monitors up and running ;(
    ...now I can't get any sound...
    gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/15 17:42:05 (permalink)
    Total reset is your friend in total mix. Watch the vids.

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/15 20:17:07 (permalink)
    I had to deal with TotalMix just looking at TouchOSC layout to control it. The layout was old and incomplete. But even under such conditions, I was able to understand almost everything... once I could see TotalMIX (remotely), I have understood the rest
    I think the major show stopper for some people is to understand that RME is not only an audio interface, but also a digital mixer in which each output is a separated bus. So, each input has a "send" to each output. When some output is selected in totalmix, faders on all inputs are controlling corresponding send volume.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    bokchoyboy
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/15 21:07:07 (permalink)
    Thanks guys... I'm pretty dense when i;t comes to this stuff, but I will start with the video tutorials and documentation... The reason I bought the unit was for the pristine sound... hopefully I can set up some basic things and leave them alone for now... It's just me alone recording, so I won't need all the mixing bells and whistles at this point.  I should really learn to use the physical controls on the interface first...
    Salud!
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/15 23:25:45 (permalink)
    Totalmix and TC Electronics, hell, even Tascam (must have something to do w/ the T) have "improved" the mixing board idea for their mixers.  Their system is eminently flexible, once you get used to it.  But that doesn't make it better or easy to understand.  Your best bet is to dive in and save your different setups as presets.  Usually, by the time I have to revist the mixer I've forgotten how to set it up again.
    olemon
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 768
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/16 14:55:25 (permalink)
    azslow3
    I think the major show stopper for some people is to understand that RME is not only an audio interface, but also a digital mixer in which each output is a separated bus. So, each input has a "send" to each output. When some output is selected in totalmix, faders on all inputs are controlling corresponding send volume.

I wanted to comment the other day, but didn't want to reveal my ignorance.  When I got an RME UCX and tried to understand TotalMix, it took me a while to grasp what azslow3 pointed out.  I'm not sure I have it down yet, but I view the usb interface with its available hardware I/O as separate from TotalMix.  That's not completely accurate, but it helps me.  From the manual, "TotalMix does not reside in the record path..." which is true unless you've opted to record the TotalMix effects or are using Loopback.  I don't record the Fx or use Loopback.

https://www.reverbnation.com/scottholson

Platinum, Studio One 3 Pro, Win 10 (x64), AMD FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 R2.0, 16GB, RME UCX, Digimax DP88, Faderport 8, Revive Audio Mod Studio Channel, Vintage Audio M72, Summit Audio TLA-50, KRK Rokit 5 G2 Monitors, Guitars

"If you wait till the last minute, it only takes a minute."
    bokchoyboy
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/16 16:23:15 (permalink)
    ... just found out TotalMix can be run in DAW mode which might make more sense to me, though the routings are probably more limited.
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/16 18:11:22 (permalink)
    This has nothing to do with Total Mix, but a comment.  MOTU's "CueMixFX" computer control program, is also a mess to learn.  When I first got an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid I returned it out of frustration (main reason) trying to get the control program configured.  I later ran across a guy at the local Guitar Center that was knowledgeable about the CueMixFx program and he invited me to this studio and showed me how it works.  I then ordered another MOTU896 Mk3.  I got the CueMixFX configured like I wanted and saved it as my setup.  

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    bokchoyboy
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/16 20:10:08 (permalink)
    Finally figured out some of the routing (via DAW mode) which simplifies things in Sonar, but the minute I tried Studio One, it was a no go... hope I don't have to jump thru hoops every time I switch...  I have tried to save some of the routing snapshots that are available, but they didn't seem to work the first time through... speaking of through, I will continue to muddle...
    bokchoyboy
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/17 21:34:56 (permalink)
    back to square one :(    Total reset...   Can't figure out the low latency monitoring method within Sonar. 
    Videos and tuts have helped, but when it comes down to applying those methods, I am failing...

Struggling with assignments... makes me yearn for the old Echo Audiofire4 again... but I just can't go back.   One thing I do miss is having a phantom power switch directly on the interface itself.

Keep on pushin...
    gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/17 22:53:12 (permalink)
    I agree that it is super hard to control gains and phantom without TotalMix. I have twelve other inputs with gain nobs and phantom buttons, so I use those when working without TotalMix.

If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer.

For me, the internal routing is no longer complicated. Click on the output of choice, adjust the faders to control the sends to that output.

Sonar master outs comes out on the playback tracks of your choice within Sonar. The levels will show in the middle of row of TotalMix. Just mix them in to your primary output.

There is a lot more to know, but that is the heart of it.

https://youtu.be/VYNE9ppu9bY

bokchoyboy
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/18 05:20:53 (permalink)

Thanks for the offer, Geoff... might eventually take you up on it... I seem to have figured out a stable routing system for my simple needs, but I do notice the turning the gain knob on the interface itself doesn't seem to be working... You don't have the Babyface, so you probably can't help me with that one though.  I will also get to monitoring with FX (verb) down the road, but I don't want to mess up any settings that have been successful so far 
    Salud!

P.S.  Maybe a preamp with a phantom power switch might be the way to go for me, though I don't have the $$$ right now to purchase one that would be nice enough (to add decent color to the already excellent, clean sounding pre's on board)...

P.P.S.  When you say working without TotalMix, what exactly dol you mean?  Do you just have a snapshot or template that you never change and that loads by default?
    batsbrew
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/18 15:57:25 (permalink)
    5.3. Operation at the Unit

Operation at the unit in online mode (drivers installed under Windows and Mac OS X, PC mode chosen at the unit) covers the most useful actions and situations in daily operation. Clearly labelled buttons together with an intuitive operation scheme give direct access to volume, monitoring and setup.

Input Gains
    The gains of all four analog inputs can be controlled directly by the big encoder knob. Use IN to select input 1/2 or 3/4, then push SELECT several times to step through left channel, right channel or both. The selected channel and amount of gain is shown by a single LED flashing in the left INPUT level meters. Turn the wheel to increase or decrease the gain. The three INPUT LEDs also show overload. Too hot levels will not be missed even if the level meter currently shows a quieter channel.

Output Volume
    Select one of the three outputs via OUT, then turn the wheel. The current fader position of TotalMix FX (which moves in sync) is displayed via flashing single LEDs in the output level meter. The three output LEDs also show overload. Too hot levels will not be missed even if the level meter currently shows a quieter channel. 0 dB position: reduce the gain so that the yellow LED just turns off. OUT can also be reassigned to perform Speaker B switching in the Options/Key Commands dialog in TotalMix FX.

Output Balance
    Select one of the three outputs via OUT, then hold down SELECT. The right level meters show two bars, lit up until the yellow LEDs. Turn the wheel to move the stereo image more to the left or right. This setting equals an adjustment of the PAN knob in a stereo hardware output of TotalMix FX, and indeed the knob in the software will move in sync. 10 User's Guide Babyface Pro © RME

DIM
    Works on the hardware output defined as Main Output in TotalMix FX. Therefore the DIM LEDs will not be lit when stepping through the other two outputs. The applied attenuation is the one defined in TotalMix FX. DIM can also be used as hotkey for many other actions, among the switching to Speaker B or Talkback. Use the Options/Key Commands dialog in TotalMix FX to assign one of them to DIM.

Recall
    Pushing DIM for two seconds sets the Main output volume to the value formerly saved for Recall. The Recall value can also be set directly at the unit by holding SET down for two seconds.

Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --
    Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

Cactus Music
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/18 23:51:04 (permalink)
    Must be a common issue as Focusrites Mix control is also the most oddball mixer in all my years of using mixers I've ever had to wrap my head around. I'm just glad I don't need to use it. Like all of them, it is very powerfull IF you figure it out, lots you can/ could do with routing, but, why so unorthadoxed terms and what not. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 03:45:52 (permalink)
    You asked about when I don't use TotalMix.

The answer is when I put the device in class compliant mode and record using Linux Ubuntu studio.

TotalMix is not supported on Linux. I have not tried to make it work on Linux.

In CC mode, you can pull up pre-saved configurations. For example, you can have the two preamps set to phantom, auto level engaged in the four inputs or not, as you prefer. You can let track gains work as stereo or mono.

So, once in the right configuration, I use the nob on the device to raise gains and output levels.

I'm not sure if this helps. I may only be confusing you. Still, that's the answer to your question.

gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 03:51:52 (permalink)
    Your nob is surely controlling something.

Open TotalMix, twist the nob, look for what changes.

I haven't read the documentation for the BabyFace, but I'll bet it is similar to the UCX.
    post edited by gswitz - 2017/12/19 04:17:48

gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 04:06:43 (permalink)
    Page 87 of the manual covers operation at the unit. This includes how to adjust gains and enable phantom.

bokchoyboy
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 04:10:14 (permalink)
    batsbrew
    5.3. Operation at the Unit

Operation at the unit in online mode (drivers installed under Windows and Mac OS X, PC mode chosen at the unit) covers the most useful actions and situations in daily operation. Clearly labelled buttons together with an intuitive operation scheme give direct access to volume, monitoring and setup.

Input Gains
    The gains of all four analog inputs can be controlled directly by the big encoder knob. Use IN to select input 1/2 or 3/4, then push SELECT several times to step through left channel, right channel or both. The selected channel and amount of gain is shown by a single LED flashing in the left INPUT level meters. Turn the wheel to increase or decrease the gain. The three INPUT LEDs also show overload. Too hot levels will not be missed even if the level meter currently shows a quieter channel.

Output Volume
    Select one of the three outputs via OUT, then turn the wheel. The current fader position of TotalMix FX (which moves in sync) is displayed via flashing single LEDs in the output level meter. The three output LEDs also show overload. Too hot levels will not be missed even if the level meter currently shows a quieter channel. 0 dB position: reduce the gain so that the yellow LED just turns off. OUT can also be reassigned to perform Speaker B switching in the Options/Key Commands dialog in TotalMix FX.

Output Balance
    Select one of the three outputs via OUT, then hold down SELECT. The right level meters show two bars, lit up until the yellow LEDs. Turn the wheel to move the stereo image more to the left or right. This setting equals an adjustment of the PAN knob in a stereo hardware output of TotalMix FX, and indeed the knob in the software will move in sync. 10 User's Guide Babyface Pro © RME

DIM
    Works on the hardware output defined as Main Output in TotalMix FX. Therefore the DIM LEDs will not be lit when stepping through the other two outputs. The applied attenuation is the one defined in TotalMix FX. DIM can also be used as hotkey for many other actions, among the switching to Speaker B or Talkback. Use the Options/Key Commands dialog in TotalMix FX to assign one of them to DIM.

Recall
    Pushing DIM for two seconds sets the Main output volume to the value formerly saved for Recall. The Recall value can also be set directly at the unit by holding SET down for two seconds.

Thanks Bat... read it when I first got it, but obviously didn't absorb it... I will tonight.
    gswitz
    You asked about when I don't use TotalMix.

The answer is when I put the device in class compliant mode and record using Linux Ubuntu studio.

TotalMix is not supported on Linux. I have not tried to make it work on Linux.

In CC mode, you can pull up pre-saved configurations. For example, you can have the two preamps set to phantom, auto level engaged in the four inputs or not, as you prefer. You can let track gains work as stereo or mono.

So, once in the right configuration, I use the nob on the device to raise gains and output levels.

I'm not sure if this helps. I may only be confusing you. Still, that's the answer to your question.

Does shed light on your set up...thanks... and with regards to the knob, it doesn't seem to have any effect, even in TotalMix... but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the "gain" that you would see is minimal.
    Dumb question, but I wonder if I can run the Baby in CC mode with Sonar and bypass TotalMix altogether...time to scour the RME forum I guess...Thanks again posters!
    gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 04:20:03 (permalink)
    I do think CC mode works with Sonar, but it isn't quite as fast.

Might not be ASIO.

Personally, I only use cc mode when I must. Recording with an iPad. I did this just to say I had done it. Or recording with Linux.

gswitz
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 12:59:58 (permalink)
    Maybe this video will give you ideas...

https://youtu.be/lTHmki4VyfE

https://youtu.be/NVa3AyUNGuI

gbowling
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 13:27:51 (permalink)
    Totalmix is awesome once you get it figured out. A few things to remember that are not obvious... 

All Inputs are reflected into software on your computer/Sonar. What I mean by this, you don't select an "output" to affect what goes into the computer. Just select any input and the controls you see are what is going into the computer sans FX unless you have loopback on which I don't recommend to begin with.

So to set up to record in sonar it's as simple as selecting the inputs you are using and setting the gain/phantom power/etc. and set your input on the sonar track to that input and you're all set. 

To monitor via headphones (no latency) connected to the RME unit, or to use the main outs... Select the output you want to use. Click on the headphone output you want to use, once you click on it all the other settings/levels you see are what's going to that headphone output, your headphone mix. Then select the main outs, you may have to click the "assign" button to assign output channels to the mains, once you do that when you select the mains output what you see on the other channels is what is being sent to the mains. 

Click back and forth between the headphone output and the mains output. You'll see the other faders change as it changes from what is mixed into the heaphone output and what is mixed into the mains output. They can be completely independently mixed and have nothing to do with what goes into the computer. What goes into the computer is selected by selecting each input channel and manipulating it.

Hope that helps.  gabo

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 13:58:52 (permalink)
    I just want to mention that unlike "hi-end golden USB cables", RME products have other reasons to be expensive.
    Significant part of BF price is for TotalMix (precisely for the combination of the hardware and the software which implement it). 90 pages of the documentation explain EVERYTHING the device and Totalmix can do,  especially in case you immediately can test everything written (that was my problem before, but as you can see in my updated signature, no longer...).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    batsbrew
    Re: Baby Face Pro / TotalMix Help 2017/12/19 15:38:42 (permalink)
    gbowling
    Totalmix is awesome once you get it figured out. A few things to remember that are not obvious... 

All Inputs are reflected into software on your computer/Sonar. What I mean by this, you don't select an "output" to affect what goes into the computer. Just select any input and the controls you see are what is going into the computer sans FX unless you have loopback on which I don't recommend to begin with.

So to set up to record in sonar it's as simple as selecting the inputs you are using and setting the gain/phantom power/etc. and set your input on the sonar track to that input and you're all set. 

To monitor via headphones (no latency) connected to the RME unit, or to use the main outs... Select the output you want to use. Click on the headphone output you want to use, once you click on it all the other settings/levels you see are what's going to that headphone output, your headphone mix. Then select the main outs, you may have to click the "assign" button to assign output channels to the mains, once you do that when you select the mains output what you see on the other channels is what is being sent to the mains. 

Click back and forth between the headphone output and the mains output. You'll see the other faders change as it changes from what is mixed into the heaphone output and what is mixed into the mains output. They can be completely independently mixed and have nothing to do with what goes into the computer. What goes into the computer is selected by selecting each input channel and manipulating it.

Hope that helps.  gabo

good synopsis there, gbowling....

this has been my experience as well.

once you realize that you can set up multiple mixes of what you hear, even multiple headphone mixes, and how to route the rme inputs to whatever, it gets easier.

the basics:
    when you plug a mic in, and set the inputs in sonar, everything as far as the capture goes is in the totalmix, as far as levels, and even printing eq and delay, or not printing it but hearing it.
    very cool.

Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1