Bandlab App won't authenticate?

Author
joden
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1263
2018/10/16 03:17:34 (permalink)

Bandlab App won't authenticate?

I've tried logging out and then re-entering login details but the app just hangs. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

16 Replies Related Threads

Horsefight
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 04:15:38 (permalink)
    Yeah I've got the same thing, tried a bunch of things and have had a long email chat with BandLab, nothing's worked so far, they've said there are updates to the BLA coming soon which will hopefully fix it
    sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 04:25:05 (permalink)
    Did you try re downloading and install. 
    Mine bonked out the other day and this fixed it. 
    Delete the app first in Control panel.

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 12:32:14 (permalink)
    joden
    I've tried logging out and then re-entering login details but the app just hangs. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Exit BandLab Assistant entirely (make sure you exit the app specifically as opposed to just clicking the close x) then reopen it and log back in. Then if you're still experiencing issues, definitely contact support and be sure to provide the error codes displayed in parenthesis on the Help | About page, and they'll be able to give you more in-depth things to try.

Jonathan Sasor
    Quality Assurance Engineer 
    BandLab
    joden
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 14:30:06 (permalink)
    Tried the uninstall and re-download. Now all I get is the Bandlab app screen sorta greyed over and a little gif of four boxes alternating. No error codes appear at all. If I tap the cog wheel at top left it then brings up a box allowing me to log out??? I haven't even logged in yet....so I tried the log out option. The greyed out appearance disappeared and I the tried logging in again but it goes back to the same greyed out screen with the animated gif...
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 15:31:50 (permalink)
    have you updated windows recently?

just a sec

pwalpwal
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 15:32:06 (permalink)
    have you checked windows event log?

just a sec

GMGM
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 494
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 17:32:54 (permalink)
    I ran into this too over the weekend on my laptop. It's wrth noting that my laptop probably hadn't been updated for a while. It's largely kept offline. I connect to the internet every couple months to make sure things are updated.

- This weekend I connected to the internet, ran BL assistant. It said all my BL apps were up to date.
    - I launched Son....   er...   I mean Cakewalk...   and it told me I was in demo mode, and had to reauthorize.
    - I tried the logout / login trick but it didn't work.
    - So I re-downloaded/re-installed the bandlab assistant app, and this seems to have fixed everything because it said that CAKEWALK app had an update.

So far so good...

DAW: SONAR Platinum
    PC: i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, ASUS Motherboard, 16G RAM
    OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit I/O: MOTU 8M / MOTU 8PRE / PreSonus DigimaxLT / M-Audio Oxygen 49
    joden
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 17:37:29 (permalink)
    pwalpwal

Yeah a few days ago, but I thought re-downloading the app, and re-installing (after deleting) wold do something but it does nothing. Funny thing, as I wrote above...even though the app has been re-installed, when I open it it STILL gives the option to sign out (under the settings cog) which is really weird as I already signed out before uninstalling.
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 22:30:31 (permalink)
    That dang things been buggy since day one, I wish they'd completely re do it and get some professional help.
    Every time I use it I have issues so I stay away from it for a few months each time. 
    I too just had to re install to get it to work when I wanted to just do one simple thing, update Cakewalk..
    But if I remember the process was kind of sketchy.
    I'm pretty sure I logged out, deleted it from Programs and Features.
    Went to the Band lab site and had to dig around to find it, re installed and logged back in. Finally after all that I managed to update Cakewalk.
    I don't miss the Command Center but this is a even bigger PITA.

Not sure what is causing your weirdness, but you might have to do a complete clean install.

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

joden
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 22:45:02 (permalink)
    Thanks Cactus. I really hope i do not have to fully  re-install Sonar..unless you just mean Bandlab haha!

I did a full uninstall...mebbe I'll have to do some registry digging as well?

I'll try one more time by making sure I have signed out, then uninstall and go through the process one more time. I got Cubase AI with my new MODX keyboard so if this continues I might even be tempted to start using it. Not that there's anything wrong with Sonar of course, but sometimes these things give you "irits" so much you just have a dummy spit and jump off hahaha!
    joden
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/16 23:01:52 (permalink)
    Interesting that it looks like it will allow a login with Facebook....I'll never do it, but I wonder if there is some hidden algorithm going on here to garner Facebook account details for future spamming/sale of data?
    pwalpwal
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/17 12:59:56 (permalink)
    Cactus Music
    That dang things been buggy since day one, I wish they'd completely re do it and get some professional help.

professional help?

just a sec

pwalpwal
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/17 13:03:12 (permalink)
    joden
    pwalpwal

Yeah a few days ago, but I thought re-downloading the app, and re-installing (after deleting) wold do something but it does nothing. Funny thing, as I wrote above...even though the app has been re-installed, when I open it it STILL gives the option to sign out (under the settings cog) which is really weird as I already signed out before uninstalling.

that indicates that the uninstall process doesn't uninstall everything, not a new thing with cakewalk although they (pre-bandlab) did at least publish the manual tidy-up steps needed... maybe bandlab should do the same

just a sec

pwalpwal
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/17 13:03:51 (permalink)
    joden
    Interesting that it looks like it will allow a login with Facebook....I'll never do it, but I wonder if there is some hidden algorithm going on here to garner Facebook account details for future spamming/sale of data?

they're a social media company, take a wild guess

just a sec

joden
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/18 15:43:40 (permalink)
    pwalpwal
    joden

they're a social media company, take a wild guess

hahaha! Yeah
    Euthymia
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 223
    Re: Bandlab App won't authenticate? 2018/10/20 02:38:35 (permalink)
    joden

Does the forum software have polls? I want to start one.

Cakewalk by BandLab is:

1. A worthy successor to SONAR, and you can't beat the price
    2. An insidious tool for harvesting data
    3. An iron boot endlessly crushing the faces of those who paid for SONAR licenses
    4. Inherently of lower status than software that charges money for licensing
    5. Doomed to fail due to its freeware licensing model
    6. Meng is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life
    7. I have Home Studio 8.5 and it's making no sound

-Erik
    Warning: if you tell me my issue can be remedied by buying more RAM, an SSD, or a Waves plug-in, I will troll you pitiilessly
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1