Helpful ReplyBandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available?

Author
AutomaticEight
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2018/04/14 19:55:31 (permalink)

Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available?

Firstly... Thank you Bandlab for rescuing Cakewalk.  I've been a user since the DOS days and was incredibly relieved to hear the news!

So... after installing the new Bandlab version, all of my projects that use z3ta 2, can't find it.  What is odd (and has led me to posting) is that it is still available in the software and I can create a new track and everything works fine. If it were simply the vst path or a loading issue I'd understand and could correct.  When I load the last Sonar version everything is fine... it's only with the updated Bandlab version.  Any thoughts?  As it is, I'm unable to convert as I have a tremendous amount of current works that use it.

Thank you!

Web:
Facebook:
Twitter:
SoundCloud:
YouTube:
Instagram:
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available? 2018/04/14 20:07:46 (permalink)
Which format are the projects using VST2 or VST3? Which format is available in CbB?
AutomaticEight
Re: Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available? 2018/04/15 21:54:15 (permalink)
Scook - thanks for your response.  So... you hit it on the head.  It's not finding the VST3 version which is the version used in the projects.  However, the VST folder mapping is the same between the programs and it's picking up other VST3 plugins at the same location.  I've tried moving it and re scanning it to no avail.  The Bandlab version does not find this version of this plugin for some reason.  Any other thoughts? 

Web:
Facebook:
Twitter:
SoundCloud:
YouTube:
Instagram:
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available? 2018/04/15 22:26:40 (permalink)
I have had problems with Z2ta+2 hanging the scanner when running a full scan. Much like what CbB has to do the first time it runs. What I do in that case is move Z3ta+2 out of the scan path and make sure the scanner runs to completion. Once the scan completes, I add Z3ta+2 back in scan path. The automatic scan always picks it up. If you do not use automatic background scan just run another scan.
Toddskins
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 158
Re: Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available? 2018/04/15 22:33:04 (permalink)
AutomaticEight
Scook - thanks for your response.  So... you hit it on the head.  It's not finding the VST3 version which is the version used in the projects.  However, the VST folder mapping is the same between the programs and it's picking up other VST3 plugins at the same location.  I've tried moving it and re scanning it to no avail.  The Bandlab version does not find this version of this plugin for some reason.  Any other thoughts? 

I don't know if this will have any contribution to resolving your issue, but in X3 Producer's Preferences, there are a couple of switches related to VST 3 Migration.  Preferences/ File Tab/ VST Settings/ VST 3 Migration.

Maybe one of those will help?
James Argo
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available? 2018/04/16 00:12:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby davehorch 2018/04/16 03:25:34
Though it's highly recommended to scan VST from Preferences--> File --> VST setting, you may also try to scan using Utilities --> Cakewalk Plugin Manager. It takes a bit longer to scan and prone to fail, but trying wont hurt. It solved my "hidden" VST in some cases.  Maybe that will help...

Cakewalk by BandLab!
AutomaticEight
Re: Bandlab Cakewalk and z3ta 2 not available? 2018/04/18 10:48:49 (permalink)
scook
I have had problems with Z2ta+2 hanging the scanner when running a full scan. Much like what CbB has to do the first time it runs. What I do in that case is move Z3ta+2 out of the scan path and make sure the scanner runs to completion. Once the scan completes, I add Z3ta+2 back in scan path. The automatic scan always picks it up. If you do not use automatic background scan just run another scan.

Sorry for the late response... I got locked out of my account and the recover password function wasn’t working.

scook- this fixed the problem. Learned a bit from the others as well. Thank you!

A8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1