AnsweredBapu's (and others) random thoughts for the day.

Page: << < ..13411342134313441345.. > >> Showing page 1341 of 2240
Author
Beagle
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 16:30:19 (permalink)
paulo
Beagle
Can I be honest with you guys in here for a minute?  I promise just for a minute then we can all go back to our buffoonery.

When bapu created this thread I did not like it at all.  In my mind this thread was simply a way to keep some people from complaining about the numerous "buffoonery" threads in the CH; One thread to rule them all, One thread to find them, One thread to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  more or less...

it was a "cop-out" to bow to the wishes of the vocal minority...in my opinion. 

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  maybe it has become something completely different.

but I am beginning to understand a reason to post silliness in here instead of out there now.  it apparently doesn't go well for people when you post something fun in the CH if you're not under the protection of the FSF...because of the vocal minority.

ok,...back to your regularly scheduled buffoonery.

It's quite simple - post as much crap / buffoonery as you like. That's what the CH is for IMO, I'm quite capable of ignoring it when it becomes a bit too repetitive for my taste as I'm sure others are, hence why I rarely venture into this thread, but if you and your colleagues are going to dish out threats of bans to people who are only behaving in exactly the same way as you do and seem to enjoy, you can hardly expect them to have any respect for you whatsoever, especially as I seem to remember that you were once quite vocal about the right of everyone to post whatever they like when one of your now colleagues took a swipe at the posters in this forum, something which you choose to ignore when it gets mentioned now for some reason. Please don't start playing the victim here when it is your actions and those of some of your fellow hosts that have caused any bad feeling amongst the members here. With regard to the "vocal minority"  - there may be only a few that actually say anything, but that doesn't mean only those people feel that way, some just don't want to say, dont want to risk being banned for speaking their mind or just choose no to participate any more instead. Frankly, I'm past caring if I get banned or not, so I'll continue to say it how it is and take my chances . Believe it or not, those who speak out are actually not trying to spoil anything, but rather trying to clear out the BS and hopefully return this forum to what it used to be before the needless and hypocritcal nannying ruined it.

And now back to your usual program.........

Arse, Becan, Monkeys, Am etc................

Paulo, after your complaint about me posting a "duplicate thread" which pointed to a post in the songs forum, I apologized and deleted my duplicate thread.  maybe you missed that? I have not done that again.  you were right that I did the same thing I accused you of doing and I thought I righted that wrong, but you continue to bring it up very often, so apparently I'm not allowed to make a mistake even if I apologize for it and fixed it?
post edited by Beagle - 2015/04/30 16:48:26

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Beagle
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 16:36:37 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK
drewfx1
Steve,

Just so you know - from my perspective it's all good. We just disagree about some things. And perhaps agree on many others.

But keep in mind that expressing a minority opinion by its very nature tends to make one feel unwelcome. 

Which is why many people not named "Drew" are afraid to express them. 

I think it's a bit naive to express an opinion that others might profoundly disagree with, and might also implicitly or explicitly criticize people (!), and then not expect a little resentment from some quarters.

But again, it's all good from my perspective.

Drew, thanks for that - you talk a lot of sense.

My reason for commenting in here today was absolutely not to criticise the people who regularly contribute to this thread, or to cast aspersions about any 'normal' members' (i.e. non-hosts) posting habits. People know what my views are - after all, I certainly espouse them often enough.

My concern was that a forum host was deliberately going out of his way to effect a schism between the 'good guys' and the "vocal minority", the latter group into which I've no doubt I would be included. I am prepared to be proved wrong of course, but I see no other possible reason for posting what he posted, specifically in this thread.

Another thing I wanted to clarify was that I actually don't believe that it's just a "vocal minority" that have grievances about the Coffee House, about the host system in general, and about certain host's conduct specifically.

I fully understand that people come and people go, the point I was making was that quite a few people have left for reasons that are directly to do with the hosts, or directly because of the direction the Coffee House was going in. To deny, or worse, to simply ignore these realities is to show contempt for those who have been affected by these matters.

I received a Private Message from a former Coffee House regular after I posted my comments earlier in here. With his permission, I'll happily post word for word what he had to say to me.

Steve you are accusing me of something I did not do, or at least it was not my intention.  I was not intentionally trying cause a "schism" between anyone.  If that's how you see it then I will gladly retract it, but you've quoted me so it wouldn't do any good unless you do the same.

paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:04:00 (permalink)
Beagle
paulo
Beagle
Can I be honest with you guys in here for a minute?  I promise just for a minute then we can all go back to our buffoonery.

When bapu created this thread I did not like it at all.  In my mind this thread was simply a way to keep some people from complaining about the numerous "buffoonery" threads in the CH; One thread to rule them all, One thread to find them, One thread to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  more or less...

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  maybe it has become something completely different.

but I am beginning to understand a reason to post silliness in here instead of out there now.  it apparently doesn't go well for people when you post something fun in the CH if you're not under the protection of the FSF...because of the vocal minority.

It's quite simple - post as much crap / buffoonery as you like. That's what the CH is for IMO, I'm quite capable of ignoring it when it becomes a bit too repetitive for my taste as I'm sure others are, hence why I rarely venture into this thread, but if you and your colleagues are going to dish out threats of bans to people who are only behaving in exactly the same way as you do and seem to enjoy, you can hardly expect them to have any respect for you whatsoever, especially as I seem to remember that you were once quite vocal about the right of everyone to post whatever they like when one of your now colleagues took a swipe at the posters in this forum, something which you choose to ignore when it gets mentioned now for some reason. Please don't start playing the victim here when it is your actions and those of some of your fellow hosts that have caused any bad feeling amongst the members here. With regard to the "vocal minority"  - there may be only a few that actually say anything, but that doesn't mean only those people feel that way, some just don't want to say, dont want to risk being banned for speaking their mind or just choose no to participate any more instead. Frankly, I'm past caring if I get banned or not, so I'll continue to say it how it is and take my chances . Believe it or not, those who speak out are actually not trying to spoil anything, but rather trying to clear out the BS and hopefully return this forum to what it used to be before the needless and hypocritcal nannying ruined it.

Paulo, after your complaint about me posting a "duplicate thread" which pointed to a post in the songs forum, I apologized and deleted my duplicate thread.  maybe you missed that and I have not done that again.  you were right that I did the same thing I accused you of doing and I thought I righted that wrong, but you continue to bring it up very often, so apparently I'm not allowed to make a mistake even if I apologize for it and fix it?

I wasn't referring to only you or that particular incident, I have had the same treatment on more than one occasion from another host - I did say you and your colleagues. What is hard to reconcile is how you (correctly IMO) felt when he who shall not be harrassed laid into the posters in this forum and are now standing alongside said same person in the role of telling others how to behave whilst at the same time posting here that people seem to be telling you how to behave which makes you feel unwelcome. It just comes across as dual standards to me. I have broken "the rules" probably on many occasions as have you and I really couldn't care less, in fact I positively encourage it,  but if you want to be seen as an enforcer of those rules then IMO you can't be seen to ignore them when it suits and then complain here when people point that out. Tell the bakers to keep their badge and come back be one of us "waste of space" plebs again and we're all good to go !
Beagle
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:09:36 (permalink)
paulo
Beagle
paulo
Beagle

Paulo, after your complaint about me posting a "duplicate thread" which pointed to a post in the songs forum, I apologized and deleted my duplicate thread.  maybe you missed that and I have not done that again.  you were right that I did the same thing I accused you of doing and I thought I righted that wrong, but you continue to bring it up very often, so apparently I'm not allowed to make a mistake even if I apologize for it and fix it?

I wasn't referring to only you or that particular incident, I have had the same treatment on more than one occasion from another host - I did say you and your colleagues. What is hard to reconcile is how you (correctly IMO) felt when he who shall not be harrassed laid into the posters in this forum and are now standing alongside said same person in the role of telling others how to behave whilst at the same time posting here that people seem to be telling you how to behave which makes you feel unwelcome. It just comes across as dual standards to me. I have broken "the rules" probably on many occasions as have you and I really couldn't care less, in fact I positively encourage it,  but if you want to be seen as an enforcer of those rules then IMO you can't be seen to ignore them when it suits and then complain here when people point that out. Tell the bakers to keep their badge and come back be one of us "waste of space" plebs again and we're all good to go !

I'm sorry but judging me by association is just wrong, IMO.  But you do what you feel you must.

paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:22:53 (permalink)
Beagle
paulo
Beagle
paulo
Beagle

I'm sorry but judging me by association is just wrong, IMO.  But you do what you feel you must.

So you still think that someone who wants to be an enforcer of the rules should also be allowed to break them when it suits and then still be able to complain about being "persecuted" when this is pointed out ? I guess there's nothing more to be said then.

Arse, Becan, Am, Monkeys, Bollocks etc.....
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:27:23 (permalink)
paulo

Well done?
bapu
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:27:53 (permalink)
Cheeze. I get my own TOP without even trying.

I'll get me coat.
Beagle
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:30:02 (permalink)
paulo
Beagle
paulo
Beagle
paulo
Beagle

So you still think that someone who wants to be an enforcer of the rules should also be allowed to break them when it suits and then still be able to complain about being "persecuted" when this is pointed out ? I guess there's nothing more to be said then.

I posted ONE copycat thread title and was criticized for breaking the CoC and was reported for it.  FIVE "copycat threads" were reported as "flooding."  some have argued (non-hosts) that a "copycat thread" is not really in the definition of "flooding," especially when 1 person only created 1 of them.

However, I will be more than happy to never do it again since it is such a big deal.

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 17:35:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2015/04/30 19:09:32
bapu
paulo

Well done?

Harsh, but fair.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 19:11:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Bert Guy 2015/04/30 19:53:46
Damn.  I come to the Coffee House to completely get away from all the drama of my everyday life (and I have a lot right now).  When I want to be serious I have plenty of other forums where I can interact with others in that fashion.  This forum has pretty much been one of the very few things that have kept me from going crazy and continuing to move forward (my roommate's dog being right up there too).

I've seen the in-fighting BS creep into the forum from time to time and every time the community comes out worse for it with overly sensitive people making dramatic exits (it's just a forum!) and people that should be friends ending up divided.  Life's too short for this.  Do I think the forums needed help dealing with the spammers?  Yes.  Do I think they needed member moderators of any kind?  No, that just breeds exactly the crap storm we keep seeing (warranted or not).

Now the arguments have even made it to this thread?  The whole reason this thread was created was to placate a few members who complained (a couple of which were very vocal and never visit the Coffee House normally anyway - they just feel that everyone must live the way they think they should).  I feel like I've gone to the Improv and the comedian on stage keeps getting interrupted and told to be serious and respectable.  I find it particularly annoying because I tend to like almost everyone I meet and I hate watching people I consider friends of mine going after each other.  I realize, maybe more than most (don't ask), that all of this is just a symptom or microcosm of what's happening all over the world right now, but it's time for it to stop. Just let it go!

Maybe we can get one of the new moderators to move all of these discussions upstairs... 

I'm off to go sit with the dog and look out the window for a while.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/04/30 20:24:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2015/04/30 21:34:13
Bert Guy
Yes, Drew, its all good

Your glass will always be half full, if you wish to see it that way

Cheers,

Bert

I don't look at the glass as half full or half empty.

I'm just happy when it isn't broken.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
Ham N Egz
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re:Bapu's random thoughts for the day.... 2015/05/01 07:51:04 (permalink)
what Craig said...

in ham radio if you hear a conversation that you find offensive/stupid/not in agreement with your agenda/illegal/childish/coffee house-ish, there is a saying " jut spin the knob (the tuning dial) to another frequency...
The CH  is a cornucopia of opinions, thoughts, feelings, silliness, and friendship..

if you don't like a thread just go away,block it, ..

if you think you are being picked on, then why the hell are you wasting your time HERE find another sub or a different forum altogether,, I heard GearSlutz is a nice warm place, so is the Womb, and KRV...

If one or two people dont like me, i will not conclude its me , cause thats the way humanity and life is, and I will remain...

IF the whole forum gangs up on me, Ill check my deodorant and my coat..or start my own forum, or log with a different user name, or  blah blah

This whole damn place was meant to be a relief FROM drama I want it to stay that way

/meandering rant off/

now I am going off to post a play on words topix

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 09:15:41 (permalink)
bapu
What's the point of being a fred if being a fred means being less of a fred than I once was?

What's the idea in fredding a point?

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
bapu
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 09:48:26 (permalink)
Moshkito
bapu
What's the point of being a fred if being a fred means being less of a fred than I once was?

pointz!!!
Ham N Egz
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 10:43:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2015/05/01 11:07:50
bapu
Moshkito
bapu

pointz!!!

these are pointz----

I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 11:57:24 (permalink)
Awww, she looks cold. Poor thing.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Ham N Egz
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 12:35:44 (permalink)

which came first,

the Fredrick bra

or the Dagmar bumpers??? 

bapu
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 12:37:22 (permalink)
Ham N Egz

which came first,

the Fredrick bra

or the Dagmar bumpers??? 

That bumper is cold too?
Ham N Egz
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 12:58:44 (permalink)
bapu
Ham N Egz

which came first,

the Fredrick bra

or the Dagmar bumpers??? 

That bumper is cold too?

No, its just excited to be included in the FSF

craigb
Re: Lame 2015/05/01 15:22:01 (permalink)

drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 03:01:29 (permalink)
So it appears that this big, stupid fred is back to, er, "normal". 

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
craigb
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 04:50:22 (permalink)
Define "normal..." 

bapu
Ham N Egz
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 10:50:16 (permalink)
define back,

when did it veer off?

I luvre me some CH FSF

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 12:11:20 (permalink)
Szia. Mit csinálsz?

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
craigb
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 12:50:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2015/05/02 13:08:04

Theeese eese the Fred I was telling you about Master!

Ham N Egz
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 15:49:36 (permalink)
jamesg1213
Szia. Mit csinálsz?

Nem sok, izé veled ?

bapu
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 15:57:21 (permalink)
Ham N Egz
jamesg1213
Szia. Mit csinálsz?

Nem sok, izé veled ?

It's all geek to me.
Bert Guy
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1042
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 16:29:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2015/05/02 18:44:37
Here we go again: another timely and adaptive mutation of this thread title, then a few more non-sequitarian posts, and onward this Hela thread lurches towards virtual immortality. 

Silence is so accurate

http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=587673

craigb
Re: Lame 2015/05/02 18:11:23 (permalink)

Page: << < ..13411342134313441345.. > >> Showing page 1341 of 2240
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1