Basic automation question

Author
guitman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2011/01/01 09:51:04 (permalink)

Basic automation question

Questions and impressions:

I'm sure I'm missing something (I hope) Just did my first X1 project yesterday . . . A 25 track Import from from a Logic session.
For years I have worked envelopes for the norm: Volume, Pan, effects levels, Bus output levels ect.  I normally have just clicked in nodes pulled up and down levels., I tried all the tools I could see and the only way I could manipulate the levels was to draw them. Though it is fast, its not as precise.

Also found it difficult to move track Folders for some reason in the track view???  I normally arranged most of my tracks from the console view but that doesn't seem to work anymore.  I just do it from the track view now I guess.  I have to rethink my entrenched work flow approach.

Other then that Pro channel works well,  EQ is very nice.
Wish I could see the track names better in the console view.

Thank you in advance

2 Replies Related Threads

benstat
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:Basic automation question 2011/01/01 10:07:17 (permalink)
    Don't forget to set the tracks edit filter to the automation envelope you want to edit. It's a drop down in each track strip. Once the right envelope is selected in the edit filter, you should be able to edit by pulling nodes around.

Unfortunately moving tracks in the Console view doesn't work at the moment, whether it's a bug or by design. I believe it's being addressed in a future update (X1b?).

My DAW: Intel i5, Cakewalk UA-1G, Win7 64 bit, SONAR X1a Producer 64 bit
    guitman
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re:Basic automation question 2011/01/01 10:48:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the feedback!  It seems there's more steps then previous versions to basic editing?
    Still a great product,  X1b should be interesting 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1