Bass Drop??

Author
Digital Aura
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5118
2005/08/23 21:15:23 (permalink)

Bass Drop??

Hmm...I've been experimenting with a sine wave and a bass kick to try to get a certain sound but I'm at a loss...

How do you achieve this sound.. SAMPLE OF BASS DROP

I want something like that only more heart-stopping and about 3 seconds in length. Any ideas? Anyone got a wav sample for me!? Thanks!

7 Replies Related Threads

rabeach
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2703
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/24 15:14:23 (permalink)
    hmmm.....maybe the "brown note" is what you are looking for. it is kinda a heart stopper. i heard the contrabass-sax can produce it unfortunately only 6 that i'm aware of in the world. south park had an episode on it. don't know anymore than that though. sure to be a crowd pleaser.
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/24 16:29:22 (permalink)
    albino II synth had a preset for that type of sound..... dont have the demo on my pc anymore, so i cant show you. it was a drum & bass preset i think.

ZuN
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/24 17:40:56 (permalink)
    The Key here would be to assign an LFO to pitch with this shape |\ and sync it.

Hope this helps!

edit:grammer
    post edited by ZuN - 2005/08/24 18:05:05
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/24 20:07:35 (permalink)
    How do you achieve this sound
    You're not going to want to hear this, Greg, but here goes: nPulse. Load the default, crank both the tune_decay and the level_decay on the default BD1 Thud preset. Go over to the SN module, and crank the Snap almost full-up. Crank the level in both modules, then trigger both B-2 and D-3 at the same time while compressing the crap out of it (raise the overall level with makeup gain). You're there.

You might want to send BD1 out it's own output and add a deep resonant filter, then channel the SN to a limiter and parametric EQ. Of course, there are other ways to accomplish the same result, but I couldn't resist putting the paddles to no-Pulse for you. <g> HTH

dalekay
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 54
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/25 03:13:16 (permalink)
    cool

going to have to try this out and see if it works...

ucacjbs
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 866
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/25 16:40:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock

How do you achieve this sound
    You're not going to want to hear this, Greg, but here goes: nPulse. Load the default, crank both the tune_decay and the level_decay on the default BD1 Thud preset. Go over to the SN module, and crank the Snap almost full-up. Crank the level in both modules, then trigger both B-2 and D-3 at the same time while compressing the crap out of it (raise the overall level with makeup gain). You're there.

You might want to send BD1 out it's own output and add a deep resonant filter, then channel the SN to a limiter and parametric EQ. Of course, there are other ways to accomplish the same result, but I couldn't resist putting the paddles to no-Pulse for you. <g> HTH

Heh heh.

If you can't steel yourself for the mighty drop of nPulse, another suggestion (similar to Zun's) is to use an envelope with an the attack set to modulate the pitch negatively on a sine wave oscillator. You can set the attack time to be whatever the length you'd like the drop to be (provided that the synth in question can provide a sufficiently long attack time), and if you can control the envelope shape, that gives you some options as to how the drop evolves. The snare 'crack' (if you want it to sound like in the sample) can be provided by nPulse. See, I couldn't take it out of the equation completely.

However, if you went that route, with the synth providing the sine wave, all you're doing is emulating what nPulse will do for you ;)

Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: Bass Drop?? 2005/08/26 00:27:19 (permalink)
    Very cool B Rock... that actually works quite well and I'm happy to have tried nPulse and had such luck with it! In the end I went with PSYN and used a modified sine wave and simply automated a pitch wheel to it. The nPulse didn't create a long enough bass drop for me....but I did have a degree of success with it that I never had before...maybe in my next project!??!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1