Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files

Author
Positively Charged
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 744
2009/09/12 19:35:27 (permalink)

Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files

Hello, I read in the help file that there are some factory "programs" for Beatscape:

Loading Programs  

Programs are user-defined preset states for Beatscape, including complete settings for every Pad. A selection of inspired factory Programs is already installed, and user Programs can be saved using Save Program or Save Program As from the File button in Beatscape’s Main menu. Loading Programs from the Browser is equivalent to using the Load Program command in the File button in the Main menu.

Well, when I try to use the browser to audition these programs, it opens to an empty directory.  Subsequent searches of my hard drives reveal no "*.PROG" files in any of the Beatscape folders.

Is the documentation wrong?  Or is it possible that the factory programs for Beatscape didn't get installed correctly?  If yes, is there a way to find them on the installer DVD and just copy them?

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies Related Threads

wetdentist
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1129
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/09/23 15:35:42 (permalink)
    i am in the same boat with Beatscape .prog files . . . where are they?

3.5 Ghz AMD 6-Core/16 gigs RAM, Roland Quad-Capture, Win 10, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Komplete 10, z3ta+, Z3TA+ 2, Rapture, Maschine 2.7 (MKI & Jam), Melodyne 4 Studio, Ozone 4, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2, Schecter Damien Elite, Fender Sonoran w/TronicalTune Plus installed, etc 
    go here to hear Wet Dentist (2000-2016 RIP)
    my new sounds: The Das Kaput

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/09/23 15:39:10 (permalink)
    Cake lies, unless they've added Beatscape programs to 8.5.  There are plenty of wave, etc. files, but no preset programs.  You have to make your own.  Don't know why that is in the help, but the authorities have spoken ...er... written that their ain't none.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    rstollen
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1561
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/09/23 23:52:00 (permalink)
    The content for Beatscape was on disk 4 of the Sonar 8 Producer disks. Maybe you forgot to install them.

8.5.1 PE, i7 920, GA-EX58-UD4P, 6gb Corsair DDR3, 2 x Barracuda 500gb, HIS Radeon GS-4670 Fanless 1gb DDR3, XP Pro SP3, dual 24" monitors, Axiom 61, Korg Triton Pro, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, VG-99, Yamaha MSP5, Fostex PM0.5
    dantarbill
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1820
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/09/24 14:19:53 (permalink)
    There are no .PROG files shipped with SONAR for Beatscape.  The program files are user generated and stored in a somewhat unintuitive place (by my thinking anyway), completely separate from the REX loops in Beatscape\Library.

In Win XP, look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape\Programs.

Dan Tarbill
    sanelso2
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/10/06 11:09:46 (permalink)
    dantarbill

There are no .PROG files shipped with SONAR for Beatscape.  The program files are user generated and stored in a somewhat unintuitive place (by my thinking anyway), completely separate from the REX loops in Beatscape\Library.

In Win XP, look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape\Programs.

I'm away from my SONAR 8.5 machine ....but I'm receiving an error when trying to "drag and drop" new WAV files into Beatscape.  The message says something like:  "...cannot find User Samples Folder.."

In WindowsXP, I tried adding a "User Samples" and a "User" folder within the Beatscape directory (C:\Program files\Cakewalk\Beatscape\User Samples), but no luck.  I still get the same error message. :(

I'll try dantarbill's above suggestion to see if this fixes my problems.  Also, I just found this link (http://emusician.com/tutorials/master-class-cakewalk-beatscape/index1.html) which says Beatscape imports REX and WAV files from: 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape\User Samples\Imported

So this seems to follow dantarbill's suggestion as well.  However, if anyone else know's or suspects that this is indeed the culprit (i.e. a missing "User Samples" folder in the correct directory location), please let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    SONAR X1x 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5 Ghz) 6M L2 Cache 800Mhz Dual Core, Windows 7, 256MB NVIDA Quadro
    dantarbill
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1820
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/10/06 11:43:58 (permalink)
    sanelso2

I'm away from my SONAR 8.5 machine ....but I'm receiving an error when trying to "drag and drop" new WAV files into Beatscape.  The message says something like:  "...cannot find User Samples Folder.."

It would appear that the dragged WAV files are trying to find their way into the "User Samples" directory that is (indeed) normally located in...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape\User Samples

I think Beatscape is locating this via the...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Beatscape\1.0\User Data Folder

...registry key.  By default, this should contain...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape

Note that this doesn't point directly to "User Samples", but rather to the directory that contains it.  It would seem that either the directory doesn't exist, or the registry isn't pointing at a valid directory.

Dan Tarbill
    sanelso2
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re:Beatscape; Cannot find factory "*.PROG" files 2009/10/06 12:59:33 (permalink)
    dantarbill

sanelso2

It would appear that the dragged WAV files are trying to find their way into the "User Samples" directory that is (indeed) normally located in...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape\User Samples

I think Beatscape is locating this via the...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Beatscape\1.0\User Data Folder

...registry key.  By default, this should contain...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Beatscape

Note that this doesn't point directly to "User Samples", but rather to the directory that contains it.  It would seem that either the directory doesn't exist, or the registry isn't pointing at a valid directory.

Thanks dantarbill!

I'll play around with this when I get home tonight! :)

SONAR X1x 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5 Ghz) 6M L2 Cache 800Mhz Dual Core, Windows 7, 256MB NVIDA Quadro
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1