Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE

Author
civilpolisen
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/05/04 19:18:09 (permalink)

Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE

Background, short: My mothers birthday is coming up in the summer. I wish to perform a small show. I shall buy the violin, I know how to play. I wish also to create the background music. Not so advanced, just some other instruments playing in the background... *** I've looked at M-Audio Axiom 61. I got help at the salesperson at Thomann telling me, the computer is probably too slow and I need the (more simple) Fast Track or Roland Quad-Capture. My friend used to be a professional musician. He tells me, it is so difficult to create music... and this makes me even more ready to try! I think, it works for any one else, it's just a matter of time, will and interest. I'm a programmer in my profession. I have many questions. First, how do I connect all these things? This is my impression: Axiom --> USB --> computer --> USB --> Quad-Capture --> DIN (line out) Is this correct?

8 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/04 19:23:47 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    Connect the Axiom to the computer with USB, OR connect it to the Quad Capture with MIDI cables (if applicable); you don't have to connect it both ways.
    Quad Capture to computer with USB.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    civilpolisen
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/04 19:46:13 (permalink)
    Thank you for the fast reply. Apparently, carriage return are not for new members... Se if this post works better. *** http://www.thomann.de/gb/..nd_ua55_quadcapture.htm Here are good photos of the Quad Capture. There is no sound out, DIN. Only these jackets...(??) It ships with Sonar X1 LE. It's just confusing planning these things when I don't know even how to connect things. It's not that obvious!! :-)
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/04 22:53:04 (permalink)
    The connections on the front are for XLR plugs and 1/4 inch guitar-type plugs.
    The DIN jacks on the back are for connecting MIDI cables. No sound will go through them, only MIDI data.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/05 20:31:16 (permalink)
    What are your computer specs?
    While a current model may be desirable, an older, slower model may suffice.
    The key is a decent interface, such as the quad capture you are looking at.
    I am running an older P4, XP machine, and it's fine.
    As for the quad, connect the 1L/2R outputs to powered speakers, or alternatively a stereo receiver.

"My friend used to be a professional musician. He tells me, it is so difficult to create music... and this makes me even more ready to try! I think, it works for any one else, it's just a matter of time, will and interest."
    I like your attitude! There is a notorious learning curve to the software. We can help with any questions you have about that. You're on your own as far as talent, but if you can play a violin, you're probably ok there.

As for the carriage return thing, you are probably using Firefox. It has known issues with the forum software.
    Try Google Chrome or IE.
    Welcome, and good luck.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    allychi
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/09 21:41:55 (permalink)
    When speaking within the trends in Wholesale Tiffany Jewelryappear to possess undergone the greatest alter in latest years.Tiffany Necklaces arrives in the amazing assortment of shapes and styles, this recent style is for Tiffany Co Braceletnot oversized in length, but in width. The period of dangling Tiffany and Conow is not remarkable. we has developed different exquisite silver Tiffany Rings.Our silver Tiffany and Co Sets are crafted in the highest-quality pure sterling silver.
    allychi
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/09 21:47:54 (permalink)
    Buy Cheapest & Original chi hair straightener in Farouk CHI Hair Online Shop, Shopping for CHI Black Flat Iron over 70% OFF in store  CHI Hair Dryer for sale, you can find the biggest savings on CHI Pink Flat Iron for sale, you can find the biggest savings on  CHI Turbo Ceramic Flat Iron.
    allychi
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/09 21:49:10 (permalink)
    Mac Cosmetics wholesaleand Mac Lipstick Swatches,Buy Mac Lip Hello Kitty Gloss get Free Gift,Free Shipping at our Cheap Mac Cosmetics Discount Store.Get the exact authenticMac False Eyelashes,Mac Makeup Brush Sets sources that I use in my business every day.
    rs4playniuwa
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Beginners question. Axiom + Quad-Capture + Sonar X1 LE 2012/05/14 03:58:11 (permalink)
    The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines and dota.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    You may also like:Rs Gold|runescape gold
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1