Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download - RESOLVED

Author
kenkorey
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 90
2009/04/13 21:06:37 (permalink)

Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download - RESOLVED

I can't get the Behringer hardward driver or usb midi drivers to install when I down load them from the Behringer website. When I click on them to install, nothing happens. I see they are .zip. Now when I turn on the BCF2000 the LED lights ups with OCS, and all the top rotor led lights are lit. Can anyone walk me through what I need to do?
post edited by kenkorey - 2009/04/30 09:00:36

Running Sonar x2 on Windows 7 64bit Quad 4. 6GB Ram, 1TB Hard Drive. Tascam US-144 Audio Interface, Roland A-800PRO Keyboard Controller.

9 Replies Related Threads

FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 02:49:39 (permalink)
    "Nothing happens" covers a multitude of things. Most install programs will run from within a zip file but it may be worth extracting them first. Do you mean you can't open the zip file at all? Or do you mean that the drivers don't install?

You may also find it more useful if you try and keep your posts for help regarding your BCF in one thread rather than spreading them through several it makes it easier for us to help.

Initially I would delete whatever you have downloaded from the Behringer website, visit their support again then re-download and try again. It could be that the file has corrupted when downloading. I also can't remember off the top of my head exactly how their driver install works. Some companies have their installations simply copy the drivers to the driver store where the Windows install process will look for them and then install them, while other companies have dedicated installersthat fully install them to the system32 folder.

Presumably if you have switched the unit on it was while it was attached to the computer? If so right click "My Computer" select "Manage" then "Device Manager". Then click on the "+" beside "Sound, Video & Game Controllers". Do you see an entry something like "B-Control Midi(10/19/2005,1.2.13)"?

If so the drivers are already installed. If you see an entry with a yellow asterisk beside it they are not. The first port of call in getting any hardware to work with a computer is making sure that the drivers are installed correctly, if not there's no point looking at any other settings.
    Frostysnake
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 722
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 07:17:11 (permalink)
    Fast Biker Boy has helped me much with the BCF! It's a great unit and you will love it once you get the hang of it...look up a guy named Jesse G and some of his posts, also. He has a detailed process on getting the unit running as well as a multitude of other info on it as well...take both of these guys advice...they know what they are talking about. I had a heck of a time getting mine up and running, but now it is smooth sailing!

David

Sonar Platinum Windows 7 64-bit
    1 TB Hard Drive\Seagate 500 GB Slave
    VS-100
    MOTU 2408 MK3
    A-Pro 800
    kenkorey
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 08:13:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for your help! I will try all that this evening. Isn't it strage that when I initially hooked up the BCF2000 over the weekend, I just plugged in the usb and it loaded the drivers. Now when I unplug the usb and plug it in again, it does't recognize it at all. It is not even showing up in my computer.

Thanks for all your advice.

Ken

Running Sonar x2 on Windows 7 64bit Quad 4. 6GB Ram, 1TB Hard Drive. Tascam US-144 Audio Interface, Roland A-800PRO Keyboard Controller.
    papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 08:32:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kenkorey

Thanks for your help! I will try all that this evening. Isn't it strage that when I initially hooked up the BCF2000 over the weekend, I just plugged in the usb and it loaded the drivers. Now when I unplug the usb and plug it in again, it does't recognize it at all. It is not even showing up in my computer.

1) You haven't told us anything about your system.

2) Why are you unplugging the USB cable?

3) It's been noted (and confirmed) that Windows has a problem with some USB device manufacturer's drivers. It seems the USB device becomes associated with a specific USB port and upon disconnecting and reconnecting the device to another USB port creates a conflict. I'm no computer expert so I can't explain all of that.

Regards,
    Papa
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 18:05:39 (permalink)
    I just plugged in the usb and it loaded the drivers. Now when I unplug the usb and plug it in again, it does't recognize it at all. It is not even showing up in my computer.

could be a bad USB cable. Strat by replacing it. Make sure your BCF has the latest frimware. Make sure your plugging it in the same usb hub that the drivers loaded to
    can't get the Behringer hardward driver or usb midi drivers to install when I down load them from the Behringer website

What drivers are you trying to load?? I asked because you might be loading the worng kind. I remeber just loading a firmware update to my BCF's
    Did you do a search. blades has a greta tutorial on how to hook them up. Do a member search and read his BCF post.

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    kenkorey
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 19:47:11 (permalink)
    I was just able to turn my BCF2000 on while it was plugged into the usb port. It actually loaded the drivers. Now, do I need to go and get any other drivers from the Behringer website, or do I just have to start my BCF2000 with the 4th key pressed while turning it on. If I need to go to the Behringer website, which drivers do I download? When I tried last night, when I clicked run nothing was downloaded. I'm sorry to be such a nudge about this. I can't find a number for Behringer tech support to call. I should probably have someone walk me through it on the phone. Exteremly frustrated now!!! I still can not find the midi drivers in the midi driver list, or under controllers. Since I am using Vista, shouldn't I just have to set it up? Should I be using ACT. I viewed the videos in the posts, but still can't get the drivers that way. I thought Vista recognized them when I plugged in the usb cable....
    post edited by kenkorey - 2009/04/14 20:06:47

rscain
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 784
    RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2009/04/14 20:15:00 (permalink)
    There is a firmware update and a midi driver update.

What might be tripping you up is that when you load the new firmware and drivers there is no pop up screen to let you know the update was successful. The BCF just goes about its' business.

Also, when you power up the BCF make sure you hold down the right button (4th button, top row) to start the BCF in Sonar emulation mode (not really Sonar emulation; Mackie emulation for Sonar). You only have to do this the first time, after that it will load in the proper mode until you change it.

Jesse G and some of the other folks here have some excellent info on the BCF, helped me go right through the setup with no problems.

BTW: Thanks guys!

My Tunes On SoundClick  

AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 240 gb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Sonar Platinum 64 bit, Studio One 4 Pro, Harrison Mixbus, Izotope Neutron 2 Advanced and Ozone 8 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch, guitars and stuff 
    DJ Day Job
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2018/11/09 22:01:02 (permalink)
    Under USB in Device Manager I get "Unknown Device" every time I plug in my BCF2000.  I realize this is an OLD thread but I need help...
    msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: RE: Behringer BCF2000 Driver Download 2018/11/10 02:51:40 (permalink)
    DJ Day Job
    Under USB in Device Manager I get "Unknown Device" every time I plug in my BCF2000.  I realize this is an OLD thread but I need help...

Have you installed the drivers?

You can get them here:

https://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Desktop-Controllers/BCF2000-WH/p/P0817/downloads

Not that the drivers only support up to Windows 8. You might be able to force a driver install in Windows 10 though, if you turn off Driver Enforcement in your startup options before installing them.

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1