Helpful ReplyBehringer X-Touch - here I go again... [SOLVED]

Author
Wood67
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1348
2016/03/05 12:39:50 (permalink)

Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... [SOLVED]

I'm starting to think it really is me.  New X-Touch, and all the signs are positive.  Set up following the excellent video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8VO1vpc7U

I get as far as connecting the control surface, and that's it.  Permanently stuck on 'Connecting...'.

Now I remember seeing this before but can't remember how to ever get it fixed.  I've tried deleting the control .dat and .ini files to force a refresh but no joy.

Was really hoping for once that Sonar and a controller would work out of the box.  Any ideas to help a frustrated lad?
post edited by Wood67 - 2016/03/05 19:45:24

Wood

Studio One 3 Pro, (Sonar Platinum), Intel i7, Win10 Pro, 32Gb ram, RME Babyface Pro, Behringer X-Touch, Presonus Faderport, Akai MPK49, Arturia KeyLab25, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, and other sonic surprises.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/05 17:27:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Wood67 2016/03/05 19:45:32
Since no-one else reply...
"Connecting..." means no communication with X-Touch, at least not bi-directional
1. Check X-Touch is in "MC" mode and working throw USB
2. Check that Input and Output are pointing to X-Touch.

If everything looks fine:
Close Sonar, switch off X-Touch, switch on X-Touch, wait drivers attached (5-20 sec), start Sonar and check again.

If no luck:
1. remove MackieControl from control surfaces list
2. add new MIDI track, set its input to X-Touch
3. press some buttons on X-Touch, do you see some MIDI coming?
4. arm the track and start recording. Press some buttons. Then move the first fader.

Then:
* Nothing is recorded - your X-Touch for some reason is sending nothing, recheck USB
* Examine recorded with Event list. Do you see notes from buttons and "PitchBend" for the fader in the list? If not, X-Touch is not in MC mode

At that point you have correct input for sure. Reinsert MackiControl and one more time check Input/Output settings.
Still no luck? I can give more complicated checking instructions...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Wood67
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/05 19:30:56 (permalink)
Thanks azslow.  Got it fixed eventually, but not entirely sure how.  Went through the usual checking of Firmware, USB ports, cables, reboots etc and suddenly it started working.  All good at the moment though the 'scrub' key caused a Sonar crash.

Also, the template I downloaded doesn't quite fit properly so I'll need to remake it.

Thanks again!

Wood

Studio One 3 Pro, (Sonar Platinum), Intel i7, Win10 Pro, 32Gb ram, RME Babyface Pro, Behringer X-Touch, Presonus Faderport, Akai MPK49, Arturia KeyLab25, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, and other sonic surprises.
azslow3
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/05 20:36:57 (permalink)
Good you have it solved.

Scrub is not working for many of us, that is not control surface related.

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Wood67
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/07 06:35:32 (permalink)
Spent some more time with the X-Touch last night, and liking it a lot - particularly now I have the overlay as a function guide.  A big improvement on the BCF2000 unit. Struggling a little with the EQ mode though.  It seems to connect in to the Pro-Channel, but only as far as the first insert (typically the compressor).  That allows me to control the comp settings using the rotaries (or faders if you use 'Flip').  But I can't find a way to make it page down to the next FX in the rack.

If I manually drag the EQ to the top of the PC then I can control that, but only the first 8 items (which is the HPF, Low and Low-Mid sections).  But unfortunately you can't use the buttons to scroll across to the High-Mids etc).  The eternally happy chap from Behringer demo's this fully using Logic (of course), but it would be so good to have this working.

I was almost tempted to download Mixbus 3 as that has a dedicated template specifically for this controller.  But I don't really want to export all the audio tracks just for the sake of mixing in a Harrison.  Would far prefer Cakewalk to build some dedicated support modes for this.

One thing I would like is an enhancement to the Track Manager*, such that if I elect to hide the midi tracks (ie only display Audio tracks), this should be duplicated on the controller.  Currently if Trk 1 is Audio, Trk 2 Midi, 3=Audio, 4 = midi, then with midi tracks hidden I want to only have Trk 1 and 2 on the controller representing the two audio tracks.  When mixing I don't want the midi - the only way around this presently is to rearrange the tracks so all the audio is in one group, and midi in another.

*EDIT: Actually, maybe the Console View might achieve this.  Will try tonight.

Wood

azslow3
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/07 08:01:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Wood67 2016/03/07 08:28:21
For ProChannel EQ and Compressor support (on any place) you need my mod:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3311275
Do not forget to install MS Runtime 2015 (it is not yet common, but will be soon) and custom INI file.

For controlling some tracks only, you are right with Console View. Do not forget to set "Follow" setting in the Control Surfaces Sonar preferences. Note that is not working for "auto" hided strips. I mean if you just choose to "hide all MIDI tracks", that is not going to work for CS. But hiding manually one by one works.

WallyG
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 833
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/07 11:07:59 (permalink)

...If I manually drag the EQ to the top of the PC then I can control that, but only the first 8 items (which is the HPF, Low and Low-Mid sections).  But unfortunately you can't use the buttons to scroll across to the High-Mids etc)....

If you push "Edit" (Global View) button, you can now select different parameters with the Channel Select buttons. I used the Plug in button to edit parameters like Fab Filter and other plug-ins (and as you pointed out they have to be on the top of the stack), I find it much easier to just use the mouse. By the time I've figured out the cryptic titles in the scribbles, I could have adjusted 10 parameters with the mouse.

I really like the X-Touch though and find I don't need to use the keyboard much except for adding text. (Track names, etc.)

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat,  Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Professional, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 3 X 3TB Hard Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors,
My WEB site - www.gontowski.com/music
Wood67
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/07 11:39:36 (permalink)
Thanks Wally.  I'll try that, as well as looking at azslow's modded dll/ini files.

You have real Jupiter 8?  I used to dream of owning one of those.  So many bright colours!  I have the Arturia emulation but find it a bit disappointing tbh.

Wood

WallyG
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/07 11:57:44 (permalink)
Wood67
Thanks Wally.  I'll try that, as well as looking at azslow's modded dll/ini files.

You have real Jupiter 8?  I used to dream of owning one of those.  So many bright colours!  I have the Arturia emulation but find it a bit disappointing tbh.

Actually it's Jupitor 80. My first synth was an ARP Odessey. Still have it.

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat,  Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Professional, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 3 X 3TB Hard Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors,
WallyG
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2016/03/07 11:57:44 (permalink)
Wood67

Actually it's Jupitor 80. My first synth was an ARP Odessey. Still have it.

Walt

tunesmithers
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Behringer X-Touch - here I go again... 2017/12/30 03:45:13 (permalink)
I am in the same boat as the original post, except I can't get past Connecting...no matter how many reboots, cable swaps.  I just bought this x touch... updated firmware... followed the this video ... and can't get past the "connecting..." status. 

I then tried Azslow3's idea ...

1. remove MackieControl from control surfaces list
2. add new MIDI track, set its input to X-Touch
3. press some buttons on X-Touch, do you see some MIDI coming?
4. arm the track and start recording. Press some buttons. Then move the first fader.

I am getting midi signals recording to the track.  Tried reinserting controller ... and nothing still.

Any further help would be appreciated. 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1