Best/Worst LIVE Bands...???

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Guitarzan54
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2009/02/27 10:28:40 (permalink)

Best/Worst LIVE Bands...???

Most bands I've seen live are, for the most part, pretty good. Some that I was always told "sucked live" I thought were KILLER (i.e. Aerosmith)

But the worst was, with a shadow of a doubt - The BABYS. OMG!
It was at the Aragon Ballroom, in Chicago. They were smack dab in the middle of .38 Special and Molly Hatchet!
You couldn't have picked a worst line up to put these poor guys into! LOL!!!
They were so bad that those in the front that were close enough were throwing full beer cans at these guys.
John Wait (I believe that was the lead singer) ran off stage...as did the rest of them, and then he comes back out....tears his shirt open, and yells F-YOU CHICAGO!!!!! - We'll Come Back When You Grow Up!!!!!

Not that I wish anybody bodily harm, but it was pretty funny coming from a member of a band called The Baby's - LOL!!!!

The absolute BEST has to be between The DOOBIE BROTHERS (at Alpine Valley - Wisconsin) and PINK FLOYD (at Soldier Field - Chicago).

Of those two - I'd have to say PINK FLOYD at Soldier Field! OMG!!! I have never heard anything so perfect in my life.
It was outside, and the rain coming down through the Lasers, and the Lightning slashing down over the lake front was just phenomenal! No way you could duplicate those effects!....and I was STRAIGHT!

And that chick that does the backup vocals?....just had me mesmerized.

...not to mention David Gilmore's guitar!!!

Definitely the BEST show I ever seen/heard.

I'd have to say - The Rolling Stones - "Who do you VooDoo/Voodoo Lounge" at Joe Robbie Stadium (Tampa Bay) was pretty dam incredible also.

I gotta hand it to those guys....Mick NEVER puts on a bad show.

In their 60's and they're still going like the guns of hell!!!

I hope we are all so fortunate.

THE GUNS OF HELL!!! --> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=928547
---
Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002 / SP3
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00 GHz
1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
---
Cakewalk Home Studio 9
Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

77 Replies Related Threads

Ron Vogel
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 10:36:25 (permalink)
    Best show I saw was George Thorogood at Crown point...just a chain link fence as a backdrop, and minimal stage lights. He just flat out is a terrific performer.

Worst show? I don't think I've witnessed a "bad" show, but Boston and Steve Miller band were letdowns for me...but it could have been seeing them at Alpine Valley, they were both kind of boring and flat live.

I'm stuck in the past, but my foot's tapping forward 
    Ron Vogel Soundclick page
    tarsier
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 11:21:04 (permalink)
    Best: Tool, every time.
    Most memorable: Primus/Anthrax/Public Enemy. That show was a revelation.
    Most consistent: Jethro Tull

Worst: Does SNL count? Franz Ferdinand was just awful on SNL.
    Worst that I've actually witnessed live: CSN. Bored me to tears.
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 11:37:44 (permalink)
    One of the best shows I ever saw was my first concert.

Brian Auger & Trinity
    Chambers Brothers
    Elvin Bishop
    Led Zeppelin

All on one bill. They each did two sets.

This was Zep's first US tour.

Saw them at the Rose Palace in Pasadena, CA.

Plant talked with me and my friend at the edge of the stage between the first and second sets. Nice guy.

My seconf concert was Cat Mother & The All Night News Boys
    Chicago Transit Authority (aka Chicago)
    Jimi Hendrix

The worst show I ever saw was the second of two nights where I went to see Wild Turkey & Black Sabbath. Don't get me wrong. They were not bad. It's just that they played the exact same set even down to the dialogue between songs. Booooooooring for me but they palyed in two very distant parts of Southern California so most of the audience prolloy was not there the night before. I left early.

Bottom line, every pro act I've ever seen has been stellar.

So, the worst? Every bar, wedding and cruise ship band I've ever seen. But I smile, tap my toes, applaud and occassionally dance. Kudos to those who try.
    Lemonboy
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 679
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 11:45:39 (permalink)
    Best and worst live band - New Order?
    Guitarzan54
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 11:58:24 (permalink)
    IRON BUTTERFLY still plays every summer in my town (Wonder Lake, IL) at Galt Airport.

They still sound pretty darn good!

I've never seen so many 60-70 year old Hippies in one Spot - lol

...but, I've never been to a DEAD concert either.

THE GUNS OF HELL!!! --> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=928547
    ---
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002 / SP3
    1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    ---
    Cakewalk Home Studio 9
    Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 11:59:16 (permalink)
    Best live..

Peter Gabriel - B'ham NEC 1986
    Dr Feelgood - Swindon Oasis 1979
    AC/DC - Wembley 1990
    Paul Rodgers - Glasgow 2006
    Ultravox - Oxford 1982

Worst live -

ZZ Top - Wembley 1987 (only played for 50 minutes looking utterly bored, no encores)

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    spacey
    • Total Posts : 8769
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 12:00:57 (permalink)
    I sure remember my first concert...Iron Butterfly -In-Da-Godda-Da-Vida tour. I was very young and I still remember it.

In 1978 I saw John McLaughlin and Stanley Clark at the Pope Joy Hall in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I was deep in music studies so one can imagine the impact.
    I'll never forget during Johns show he broke into an amazing solo then went into playing like a practice and then back into sailing, back to practice back to smoking and then stopped, walked up to mic and said "bass player broke a string" and giggled. Jaws were dropped. Was truley amazing to see "him" play.

The worst was Jim Croce and no fault of his great talent. Bad booking. People were ready to rock and very rude. Didn't listen to him and were yelling and raising hell. He asked a few times for everyone to give him a chance, they didn't and I left. Can't remember the band he was opening for...didn't see them.

Biggest regret...missing my one chance to hear Jimi. (Bapu I probably would have felt different and learned to play a Hendrix tune had I made the concert....maybe)
    Guitarzan54
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 12:17:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spacey

I sure remember my first concert...Iron Butterfly -In-Da-Godda-Da-Vida tour. I was very young and I still remember it.

In 1978 I saw John McLaughlin and Stanley Clark at the Pope Joy Hall in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I was deep in music studies so one can imagine the impact.
    I'll never forget during Johns show he broke into an amazing solo then went into playing like a practice and then back into sailing, back to practice back to smoking and then stopped, walked up to mic and said "bass player broke a string" and giggled. Jaws were dropped. Was truley amazing to see "him" play.

Ah yes.....I forgot about Return To Forever in Orlando Florida.
    Logins and Messina opened the show, followed by Fleetwood Mac (Stevie was so HOT!!!).

And Return To Forever headlined it....and everybody left! I couldn't believe it!
    The absolute BEST of the BEST - The Creme' da la Creme' were getting up on stage, and most people were leaving.

I think that was the first time I actually realized that most people haven't got a clue what GREAT musicans, and GREAT Music....is all about.

I mean, I'm not taking anything away from Logins and Messina, or Fleetwood Mac - but come on!.....John McLaughlin, Chick Corea, and Stanley Clark, and Al DiMeola!!!!????.....togther!????

It just don't get any better then that.

That was an awesome show that I had forgot completely about!!!

---
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002 / SP3
    1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    ---
    Cakewalk Home Studio 9
    Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

spacey
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 12:28:13 (permalink)
    Guitarzan, I almost envy anybody that's never heard Romantic Warrior....they're in for a fantastic ride....and your right..."if they have a clue".

Thought I'd add..these are the type of musicians that show other musicians what is possible on the instrument and give them the ambition to become better. JMO.
    post edited by spacey - 2009/02/27 14:14:26
    mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 12:37:57 (permalink)
    best - hmmm, unexpectedly i'd have to say ian brown at the Apollo in manchester, closely followed by metallica last night and at the gates in manchester in 96...
    worst is a joint effort -gallhammer last year and cubanate (supporting carcass who were great) in around 95...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    jamesg1213
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 12:42:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mgh

best - hmmm, unexpectedly i'd have to say ian brown at the Apollo in manchester, closely followed by metallica last night and at the gates in manchester in 96...
    worst is a joint effort -gallhammer last year and cubanate (supporting carcass who were great) in around 95...

The names are bad enough!

Jyemz

Guitarzan54
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 13:16:14 (permalink)
    Ahhhhh.....I almost forgot about Jean-Luc Ponty live at Central Park.

AWESOME!

And spacey - you're 100% correct! .....

"these are the type of musicians that show other musicians what is possible on the instrument and give them the ambition to become better."

post edited by Guitarzan54 - 2009/02/27 13:23:08

---
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002 / SP3
    1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    ---
    Cakewalk Home Studio 9
    Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

KenB123
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1229
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 13:42:05 (permalink)
    This might not go over well with some of you, but one of the worst concerts I ever attended was John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, and one other fast-speed guitarist that I can't recall at the moment. It was at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago. Maybe I should have done my homework before buying tickets.

The three came out with acoustics guitars and did their blazingly fast guitar leads. Technically they were very good. But none of the music moved me.

After about a hour, they took an intermission. I thought "Great! The next set will have the backup band, and they will bring out the electric guitars. Time to rock a bit! " Well, after the intermission, the three walk back on-stage carrying their acoustics, my jaw dropped, and they proceeded for another hour or so doing blazingly fast guitar leads.

Being a guitar player myself, I had trouble comprehending why I thought this display of guitar prowess was one of the most boring 2+ hours I have ever spent. I am willing to acknowledge that the rest of the crowd seemed to love it. Good for them. I just found it incredibly dull.
    Guitarzan54
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 14:17:05 (permalink)
    You're right Ken.....

That didn't go over well.

j/k.........

That would have bored the hell out of me too.

---
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002 / SP3
    1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    ---
    Cakewalk Home Studio 9
    Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

notnat
    Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5236
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 14:21:45 (permalink)
    I think I too would have found that show B O R I N G... I've heard an album of that music and I found it to be too much technical acrobatics than musical... After a while I become desensitized to all the blinding speed licks...
    notnat
    Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5236
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 14:37:58 (permalink)
    favorate: The Yellow Jackets w/ Robben Ford 1985 in Atlanta... They opened for ToTo...

least fav: Bob Dylan Rolling Thunder Review... I can't remember where or when...
    post edited by notnat - 2009/02/27 14:46:16
    spacey
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 14:38:30 (permalink)
    "Comprehension" is the reason for many styles and a musicians' abilities not to be popular to the majority or enjoyed.
    Not unusal and nothing that should be offensive to anybody.

I know that many of the artist that I didn't understand and fully appreciate their talents kept my interest only because of my desire to learn and understand what they were doing so I could "comprehend" and hopefully manage to play some of their material. The enjoyement I got later from many of them was acquired thru those studies...Scotch is an acquired taste too and doesn't bother me when somebody doesn't like it.

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 14:39:41 (permalink)
    actually you're right - joe satriani was another really boring gig...otoh steve vai's show was immense! benefits of a proper band and natural showmanship i guess!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Guitarzan54
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:04:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: notnat

I think I too would have found that show B O R I N G... I've heard an album of that music and I found it to be too much technical acrobatics than musical... After a while I become desensitized to all the blinding speed licks...

notnat - there is something to be said for that. That's exactly why I was never really an Yngwie Malmsteen fan.
    I certainly respect the talent...but it does lose something in the translation.

Ever see the movie Eddie and the Cruisers II...???

There's a part in there where Eddies hooks up with this young kid that wants him (Eddie) to join his band. And after much convincing Eddie finally gives in. The two of them were rehearsing and this kid goes off on this wild tangent. REALLY good....but just burning up the neck.
    Eddie grabs this kids' guitar and says "What's That!???"....with this disgusted look on his face. And the kid is like "What?" "That's how I play".

And Eddies says...."Look kid, if I were at a bar, and you were on stage, I'd probably enjoy it...and then I'd leave, and that would be it."

This is exactly what I have always tried to explain to the guys in my band. I want to leave something behind. Yeah, you can "sound" like you're great...or you can really BE great. The difference is, when they leave the club - do they just go home and say "Yeah man....those guys were pretty dam good!"

Or, do they leave the bar....look back at your name on the Marque', and say "HOLY FKIN' SH*T!!!!".....and they're speechless all the way home...???

That's what I'm talking about.

If I had to just sit threw McGlaughlin, DeMiola, and "whoever" for 4 hours....on acoustics, that would probably lose my interest also.
    (although, I doubt it - LOL ....but I could be bias.)

But if you ever get the chance to see those guys with Return To Forever....I promise you - you'll never forget it.

.....you'll be looking back at that Marque'.

And driving home speechless.

.....just my thoughts.

post edited by Guitarzan54 - 2009/02/27 15:30:30

---
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002 / SP3
    1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    ---
    Cakewalk Home Studio 9
    Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

CLEAN
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:25:15 (permalink)
    spacey, my first concert was also Iron Butterfly - probably the same tour you saw - I was in Jr. High School at the time.

Some of the worst - Led Zepplin - an outdoor concert in Golden Gate park. (ever see the poster with Plant and the dove on his finger - that concert). They let loose about 200 white doves on the stage - about 90% of them got slottered by the pidgeons within minutes of being let loose - dead birds dropping everywhere - was a pretty aweful site. This was the Houses of the Holy tour - they plain sucked.

The Doors sucked - Morrison was so drunk - he could barely find the stage. He took a break during one of their tunes - took a leak on one of the amps. This was the Summer of '66.

I've seen a lot of great concerts - Pink Floyd at the Cow Palace in San Francisco stands out. They came out and played the entire Dark Side of the Moon album, took a break and when they returned, they played the entire album - the Have a Cigar album. At that time - that album had not been released.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:32:26 (permalink)
    best - hmmm, unexpectedly i'd have to say ian brown at the Apollo in manchester

Not unexpected here I'd have put him up had you not already done so.

So instead I'm gonna say Ian Hunter / Mick Ronson at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon '74 as the most fun I've had fully clothed although, I may have got naked at some point so that may not be 100% accurate.

Worst: Dire Straits....just about the most boring thing I've ever seen aside from watching my Mother knitting, I did actually fall asleep in the Hammersmith Odeon without the aid of narcotics.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Guitarzan54
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:50:33 (permalink)
    My first concert was MOUNTAIN at the Garden when I was 14. That was awesome.

Another one up there with the worst was Mitch Rider and Detroit w/ Johnny Winter....in a Roller Rink!

They were great, but the acoustics were just awful. And it was so ear-bleeding loud I couldn't hear for 3 days.

What's kinda funny is that, at the time, there was this ridiculous word going around that Johnny Winter was really a vampire. Honestly - LOL

So my drummer, at the time, took all these pictures of them on stage...and Johnny's the only one that didn't appear in any of the photos.....erie. LOL

---
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002 / SP3
    1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    ---
    Cakewalk Home Studio 9
    Line 6 POD UX2 Pod Farm

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:50:47 (permalink)
    One of the best was at a local gig the Band had such fun playing it blead over into the audiance : Rick Wakeman

For shear sound and vislual entertainment Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon Earls Court (First time round) (It was pretty good second time)

The Beatles 1963 Hamersmith ??? I was 9

The Worst

Deep Purple Reunion tour Brixton It was just to loud to hear anything (apart from the Jon Lord solo which was stunning)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    ricstudioc
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:59:15 (permalink)
    Hmmm - well, without getting into "best/worst" BANDS, per se -

Probably the most amazing concert experience was Pat Metheny group, Boston Commons, around '85 or so - possibly the most spiritual musical experience I've ever had. 10,000 or so people, and you could feel the energy flow through us all, lifting everyone up to.... well, someplace better. Every single person there was recharged, renewed - ready to face the world from a better frame of mind. And bear in mind, we're talking instrumental music, here.

Sometimes it IS "just" music - but it can be much, much more.

Worst in recent memory - Foo Fighters at Phoenix Memorial Colosseum (sp?). Not the bands fault, their sound guy was a complete idiot. They came out and opened with their current hit (Learning To Fly) - but they were So - Damned - LOUD that you couldn't even recognize the tune. It was at least halfway thru the show before my ears clamped down to the point where you could begin to actually make sense of what was going on. For comparison, around '78 I saw Heart in concert, just after the release of Dog And Butterfly. I had never heard a tune from the album, and obviously it was a big part of the show. But the sound was SO well mixed, and the levels were so reasonable, that every part of every tune was there - hearing it for the first time I could make out every nuance and note - may as well have been listening at home (assuming home held 15,000 people and I had a 40kw sound system).

I'm an engineer for hire - when talking to a band about doing a gig I'll tell them flat out, "If you want to be the loudest band in town, I'll give you somebody else's number. But if you want to be the best-sounding band, we can talk..." And I'm snotty about it - don't want every gig, don't take every gig. But I have a rep, people know that if I'm at the board it'll be a good experience for all. That matters to me.

Ric
    jamesg1213
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 15:59:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

best - hmmm, unexpectedly i'd have to say ian brown at the Apollo in manchester

Not unexpected here I'd have put him up had you not already done so.

So instead I'm gonna say Ian Hunter / Mick Ronson at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon '74 as the most fun I've had fully clothed although, I may have got naked at some point so that may not be 100% accurate.

Worst: Dire Straits....just about the most boring thing I've ever seen aside from watching my Mother knitting, I did actually fall asleep in the Hammersmith Odeon without the aid of narcotics.

Don't feel bad Jon..I fell asleep watching Status Quo at Wembley.. they played for 3 hours

Jyemz

SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 16:00:56 (permalink)

Sheer class:

* The Stranglers - 1978

* Iron Maiden - 1980

* Whitesnake - 1980

* Judas Priest - 1982 & 2009

All good stuff - can't think of any bad ones

Biggest regret - never saw The Clash

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

ricstudioc
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 16:07:10 (permalink)
    They let loose about 200 white doves on the stage - about 90% of them got slottered by the pidgeons within minutes of being let loose - dead birds dropping everywhere - was a pretty aweful site.

I KNOW I'm a sick f*^K - but I'm gonna be laughing for a month!!!!

And yeah - Paige is a brilliant producer/engineer and all that, but Zep live was always pretty hit-or-miss.... with lotsa miss.

Ric
    dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 16:34:17 (permalink)
    My 10 best live shows (I've got ticket stubs from about 120; I've probably seen about 130 or so shows) in no particular order:

U2 Achtung Baby tour
    P-Funk on the Mothership Connection 30-year anniversary tour (w/ Bootsy Collins) from 3rd row...
    Queensryche on the Empire tour when they did Operation: Mindcrime live
    REM on the Monster tour (from 5th row)
    Prince - a year or so after Emancipation was released, but I don't think he was actually touring for that album...
    KISS on one of their reunion shows (from 5th row - used to work for a company w/ awesome season tickets)
    Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour
    Fates Warning in a small club (I was 18 and it was a 21+ club so the band snuck me in...)
    Lindsey Buckingham a couple of years ago on the Under the Skin tour
    Rush - hard to pick the best time I saw them. Probably the Presto or Vapor Trails tour...

Okay top 11 - Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy the first OzzFest where they reunited... Great concert and a special memory for me because I went with a friend where this was the last time I saw him before he died.

The worst live bands I've seen were no-name opening bands, but the worst main acts that I've seen have been:

Billy Squier (left about 1/2 way in - absolutely horrible)
    Aerosmith (saw them other times when they were good, this one particular time they were asleep at the switch, going through the motions, apparently burned out from being on the road..)

Dave

www.soundclick.com/steakbone
    auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    RE: Best/Worst LIVE Bands...??? 2009/02/27 16:41:11 (permalink)

Sorry to do this Mr. Strummer...

But best show was the Clash. I was living in Canada at the time, it was their last tour (Combat Rock) but we saw them 1st night in Calgary and the next night in Edmonton. They played and played. So many songs and we were right up front. Would have loved to have seem earlier in smaller venues (but these were only 5K venues so still pretty good) And I wish the dumbasses in the front row would not have started spitting. (Joe was totally pissed off too)

Second was Pixies saw them in Vancouver at the Commodore in 80's and then again in Florida by the beach a couple of years back. I definitely remember more from the show 2 years ago.

Worst - Kiss - Just did not get them. It was certainly a spectacle, but it seemed so contrived. I am sure in their early days it was wild and free, but when I saw them in a hockey rink in the mid eighties it was so scripted....including taped tracks while the drummer sang Beth sitting on a stool with a towel around his shoulders. And Paul Stanley snuck off stage and traded his good Les Paul for a cheap japanese guitar and smashed that.

2nd Worst - Rolling Stones on their second to last tour. Saw them in a huge football stadium. I love the stones, but that big out door place with the giant TV screens left me feeling cold and wishing I'd stayed home.

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1