Betcha Haven't Seen This Before

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 08:37:46 (permalink)
ba_midi

brundlefly

From before I got tired of saving screenshots of somekindawierdgraphicalissuethathappenswithX1 every 10 minutes:

Funny thing happened to me - with another host (Studio One, sorry) ...  I kept getting similar 'graphic' issues (actually worse) until I really set in to debug it.

Turns out it was ONE plugin (Nugen Visualizer in this particular case).   It never gave me problems in Sonar but it does in Studio One.

Sometimes these things are REALLY hard to debug -- they take so much of our time.

But I bring it up because a) it happens, and b) MAYBE this will open some thought in this Sonar issue.

Dunno, but maybe.
X1 has a lot of re-write in it -- and we all know what that means..... lots of potential for not only ITS problems, but it may expose problems in OTHER things.

EDIT:   btw, if I showed a screenshot of what I was seeing in Studio One (without knowing what was the REAL cause) - no one would want to buy it.

SO these are tricky times ;)

At least something is going to work on that...question, what occurs if one is using more than 4 channels? Can you just picture the scenario...?

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
brundlefly
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 11:43:47 (permalink)
ba_midi

brundlefly

From before I got tired of saving screenshots of somekindawierdgraphicalissuethathappenswithX1 every 10 minutes:

Funny thing happened to me - with another host (Studio One, sorry) ...  I kept getting similar 'graphic' issues (actually worse) until I really set in to debug it.

Turns out it was ONE plugin (Nugen Visualizer in this particular case).   It never gave me problems in Sonar but it does in Studio One.

Sometimes these things are REALLY hard to debug -- they take so much of our time.

But I bring it up because a) it happens, and b) MAYBE this will open some thought in this Sonar issue.

Dunno, but maybe.
X1 has a lot of re-write in it -- and we all know what that means..... lots of potential for not only ITS problems, but it may expose problems in OTHER things.

EDIT:   btw, if I showed a screenshot of what I was seeing in Studio One (without knowing what was the REAL cause) - no one would want to buy it.

You're not implying I should not have posted this because it might be damaging to SONAR's sales are you? I figure that decision is out of my hands. Cakewalk took on the bad-publicity risk themselves when they released such a raw product to the public.

This was a very basic project as you can pretty much see from the screenshot. The only plugs were PX 64 and a disabled Sonitus Gate on a an empty track, and a Lexicon Pantheon on the Effects bus. All the inputs were from hardware synths with no soft synths yet inserted. I have little doubt this is a Screenset-related bug.  As I recall, I had hidden all but those first two recorded tracks, then changed to a acreenset with the CV open, and when I came back to the TV screenset, the headers for the hidden tracks were displaying again with the mismatch shown.

I'm kind of burned out on chasing X1 bugs, and dealing with Cakewalk's awkward, and too frequently unrewarding, problem reporting process so I didn't spend any time trying to reproduce it or submit a problem report.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 11:56:39 (permalink)

Here's a screenshot showing my best GUI freeze up so far...

Can anyone tell me what on earth's going on here:

PS, this is a genuine screenshot, nothing Photoshopped or such like.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

HumbleNoise
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 12:07:22 (permalink)
Wow Steve that's a pretty bizarre Screen Set. Can you change it back at all? Or do you have to reload the project? Does that fix it? Does it happen a lot?

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
NVidia 9800 GTX
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Supercomposer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 12:29:13 (permalink)
Don´t worry.
That is just # 79 of the 541 bugs that will be fixed by the X1b patch next week.
The remaining ones (542-1688) will be fixed by c,d and e
post edited by Supercomposer - 2011/01/30 12:30:52

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
SteveStrummerUK
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 12:31:27 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

Wow Steve that's a pretty bizarre Screen Set. Can you change it back at all? Or do you have to reload the project? Does that fix it? Does it happen a lot?

Thankfully it's only happened the once - I thought I'd take a shot for posterity though!

I think I was trying to see if I could drag the Pro-Channel strip into the Multidock or something daft and I must have grabbed something else 

I just had to close X1 and re-open it and it was fine.
post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2011/01/30 12:33:32

rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 13:32:48 (permalink)
brundlefly

I am proud this morning to see I've come up with a popular new term to describe this particular quirky X1 behavior.  Maybe I can get inspired to come up with other useful terms -

Like the "setthesnapresolutionnosetitagainsorrygottadoitagain" syndrome. 

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
brundlefly
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 13:38:40 (permalink)
Maybe I can get inspired to come up with other useful terms - Like the "setthesnapresolutionnosetitagainsorrygottadoitagain" syndrome.

Now with illustrations:

kubalibre
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 614
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 13:45:02 (permalink)
Supercomposer

Don´t worry.
That is just # 79 of the 541 bugs that will be fixed by the X1b patch next week.

which one is the broken Audiosnap?

---------------------------------------------
all crash on the louspeaker
rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 14:27:59 (permalink)
brundlefly

Maybe I can get inspired to come up with other useful terms - Like the "setthesnapresolutionnosetitagainsorrygottadoitagain" syndrome.

Now with illustrations:

hehe.

Here's another one:  The "dragaudiofromthebrowsernodoitagain" syndrome. 

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 14:33:43 (permalink)
Supercomposer

Don´t worry.

Dang...I keep thinking it seems more like 3,670 bugs were listed....must be a new bug then.

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
kubalibre
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 614
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 14:48:40 (permalink)
trimph1

Supercomposer

Don´t worry.

Dang...I keep thinking it seems more like 3,670 bugs were listed....must be a new bug then.

guys, don´t forget the new ones which will be introduced by the patch! (just kidding.. but, remember the ASIO disaster with X1a) ?
Still shaking. My head. 

---------------------------------------------
all crash on the louspeaker
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 15:55:27 (permalink)
Are these issues being reported?
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/ProblemReporter/

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
ba_midi
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 16:27:00 (permalink)
brundlefly

ba_midi

brundlefly

Dunno, but maybe.

You're not implying I should not have posted this because it might be damaging to SONAR's sales are you? I figure that decision is out of my hands. Cakewalk took on the bad-publicity risk themselves when they released such a raw product to the public.

This was a very basic project as you can pretty much see from the screenshot. The only plugs were PX 64 and a disabled Sonitus Gate on a an empty track, and a Lexicon Pantheon on the Effects bus. All the inputs were from hardware synths with no soft synths yet inserted. I have little doubt this is a Screenset-related bug.  As I recall, I had hidden all but those first two recorded tracks, then changed to a acreenset with the CV open, and when I came back to the TV screenset, the headers for the hidden tracks were displaying again with the mismatch shown.

I'm kind of burned out on chasing X1 bugs, and dealing with Cakewalk's awkward, and too frequently unrewarding, problem reporting process so I didn't spend any time trying to reproduce it or submit a problem report.

Dave, in no way did I mean you shouldn't bring this up.  I was actually trying to offer a suggestion in that maybe some plugin is having contention with X1.   The PX64, btw, has had a number of graphic issues since it came out, so anything is possible.

And, that doesn't excuse the poor handling of such situations in X1.

Like you, I've grown tired of having to be debugging so much, and that's another reason I wanted to try other hosts (even though they have their own problems).

I don't blame you regarding the bug reporting system.  It's antiquated at best, and I haven't really used it that much either because it's frustrating.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
ba_midi
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 16:28:34 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

HumbleNoise

Thankfully it's only happened the once - I thought I'd take a shot for posterity though!

I think I was trying to see if I could drag the Pro-Channel strip into the Multidock or something daft and I must have grabbed something else 

Steve,

I had that happen more than once - and when it did, it looked almost exactly like your screenshot.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

SteveStrummerUK
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 16:53:28 (permalink)
ba_midi

SteveStrummerUK

HumbleNoise

Steve,

I had that happen more than once - and when it did, it looked almost exactly like your screenshot.

He he, I'm glad I'm not the only one it's happened to Billy

The weird thing was I could still play the project, I just couldn't change the view on screen.

ba_midi
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 20:53:09 (permalink)
He he, I'm glad I'm not the only one it's happened to Billy The weird thing was I could still play the project, I just couldn't change the view on screen.

It's been awhile since I haven't really been using X1, but I seem to remember just changing screensets got it back -- or maybe I rebooted LOL

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

brundlefly
Re:Betcha Haven't Seen This Before 2011/01/30 21:22:24 (permalink)
CakeAlexS

Are these issues being reported?
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/ProblemReporter/

I generally report only those issues I can consistently replicate. These have all been a little slippery.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1