Big plugin cleanup

Author
montezuma
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2520
2008/11/15 06:48:18 (permalink)

Big plugin cleanup

Hi, can anyone help me to know what the best way to clean up a whole lot of plugins is? I have so many free plugins that I might have used once and never again...and I want to basically get rid of them. I would uninstall them if I could..but they don't all show up in Add/Delete programs in control panel. Would the best way just be to find the dll file in the VST folder and delete them?

There seems to be so much junk there and I think it would be for the best to strip everything down. I know I could use plugin manager to only show the ones I want...but it would be better if I could properly get rid of them.

thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

Clydewinder
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 941
    RE: Big plugin cleanup 2008/11/15 09:23:15 (permalink)
    make a new folder, call it "old vsts" or something and move all the dlls that you dont want into that folder, then rescan. You may have to edit any custom plugin layouts you have after you rescan.

the only ones that won't work like that are DX plugins, those you will have to either un-install or exclude using the plugin manager.

The Poodle Chews It.

Sonic the Hedgehog
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 733
    RE: Big plugin cleanup 2008/11/19 02:22:00 (permalink)

You've answered your own question: the ones that don't show up in Windows are the ''manual'' ones and can be safely deleted. Also, if you haven't done a fresh install of your computer in a while, this might be a good time.

''I work to live, but live to make music'' -Mahler
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1