Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's

Author
SH
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 942
2012/07/15 13:02:02 (permalink)

Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's

I just bought an new 64 bit Win7 system and installed SonarX1C-Expanded. I can't get Pentagon 1 to run at all. Even after reinstalling and rescanning says ~ "this plugin is improperly installed".

I thought I read DXi like Pentagon won't work at all in 64 but I read another thread where someone with my exact setup (Win7-64 and X164-Expanded) CAN run Pentagon but the patches sound different and seem louder.

Also, I tried to download Bitbridge but Cakewalk's link takes me to "JBridge".  Is that the same? BitBridge discontinued?

8 Replies Related Threads

Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/23 16:35:05 (permalink)
    SH

I just bought an new 64 bit Win7 system and installed SonarX1C-Expanded. I can't get Pentagon 1 to run at all. Even after reinstalling and rescanning says ~ "this plugin is improperly installed".

I thought I read DXi like Pentagon won't work at all in 64 but I read another thread where someone with my exact setup (Win7-64 and X164-Expanded) CAN run Pentagon but the patches sound different and seem louder.

Also, I tried to download Bitbridge but Cakewalk's link takes me to "JBridge".  Is that the same? BitBridge discontinued?

Surprised this hasn't been replied to before now. I don't believe you can run 32 bit DXi's at all in the 64 bit version of SONAR. DXi's need to be recompiled to enable them to run in SONAR x64. You can wrap 32 bit DX effects, but not synths to my knowledge. There are a few freeware DX/VST wrappers around, like this one http://vincent.burel.free.fr/download/FFX4_DXVST_Pack1005.zip (but which won't help you on the specific question regarding Pentagon 1. If someone else knows differently I would love to hear about it myself.) I am guessing anybody running an older DXi in X1 is running it in the 32 bit version - lots of people install and run both versions to retain some compatibility.
    Concerning Bitbridge - it's included with X1 and is automatically used to "wrap" 32 bit VST (effects) and VSTi (instruments) to enable them in a 64 bit SONAR environment.
    JBridge is a 3rd party app that does the same thing with a few extra features and controls. Depending on the plug, sometimes bitbridge seems to work better, sometime jbridge does. Jbridge can be purchased from http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/
    post edited by Brando - 2012/07/23 16:37:15

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    SH
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/23 17:31:10 (permalink)

I don't believe you can run 32 bit DXi's at all in the 64 bit version of SONAR. DXi's need to be recompiled to enable them to run in SONAR x64.

I have heard three versions: a) You can use Dxi (Pentagon 1) with Sonar64, b) you can with problems, and c) you can't at all. 

See this link: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2114181&high=bitbridge+pentagon
    Msg#7 and #14

post edited by SH - 2012/07/23 17:37:54
    Brando
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/23 20:03:37 (permalink)
    SH

I don't believe you can run 32 bit DXi's at all in the 64 bit version of SONAR. DXi's need to be recompiled to enable them to run in SONAR x64.

I have heard three versions: a) You can use Dxi (Pentagon 1) with Sonar64, b) you can with problems, and c) you can't at all. 

See this link: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2114181&high=bitbridge+pentagon
    Msg#7 and #14

Which brings up the question of why you don't just use the VSTi version as discussed in that thread? Just curious.

Brando
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    SH
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/23 20:53:44 (permalink)
    Which brings up the question of why you don't just use the VSTi version as discussed in that thread? Just curious.

I didn't know there was another version.  Is the vst on the X1 disc or is it that separate $20 cakewalk purchase?

Win10-64
    Sonar Platinum/64
    Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 2.3 GHz
    32 GB
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/24 07:03:27 (permalink)
    You cannot download BitBridge it is an integral part of the 64 bit version of X1. It will have been installed with XI and is generally transparent to the user.

It only works on VSTs

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    Brando
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/24 11:06:50 (permalink)
    SH

I didn't know there was another version.  Is the vst on the X1 disc or is it that separate $20 cakewalk purchase?

Not sure. I originally bought Pentagon from RGC and then registered it with Cakewalk when they bought out Rene. It looks to me like the $20 purchase does include both the VSTi and the DXi versions. I don't know about the SONAR install discs and when/where they may have included both versions. Best option would be to search the DVD's. 
    Sorry for my quick reply previously. I made an assumption that both versions were available when they might not be - 

Something else you may want to try though = 
    I came across these instructions for using a Dx wrapper - this one also wraps DXi. Have not personally tried this for DXI's though - Everything in quotes was copied from these forums - hopefully the originator doesn't mind being referenced this way.

"For people trying to "wrap" dx and dxis as vsts so that they will work with the new Bit Bridge (works well with with Waves stuff):

1 Download this:

http://xlutop.com/buzz/zip/dxshell_v1.01b.zip

2. Unzip the files.

3. Create a folder in Program Files x86 directory. Name it what ever you like, possibly DXvsts.

4. Find the .dll files (and only the .dll files) for your dx plugins and copy and paste them into the new folder from step 3.

5. Drag the dxshell.dll file and shell2vst.exe files into the same folder from step 3.

6. In the folder, drag the dxshell.dll file on top of the shell2vst.exe file and it will wrap your files

You will now notice a new folder simply named DX. This contains all your wrapped vsts.

7. Open SONAR and do a vst scan pointing it to the DX folder and you should be good to go in 64 bit land.

Please note in the DX folder all of your native Cakewalk fx will also be "wrapped", but will not scan properly. You can go in this folder and delete those .dll files. You wont need them as they will open in SONAR anyway."

Brando
    SH
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/24 22:29:31 (permalink)
    Brando

SH

Not sure. I originally bought Pentagon from RGC and then registered it with Cakewalk when they bought out Rene. It looks to me like the $20 purchase does include both the VSTi and the DXi versions. I don't know about the SONAR install discs and when/where they may have included both versions. Best option would be to search the DVD's. 
    Sorry for my quick reply previously. I made an assumption that both versions were available when they might not be - 

I came across these instructions for using a Dx wrapper - this one also wraps DXi. Have not personally tried this for DXI's though - Everything in quotes was copied from these forums - hopefully the originator doesn't mind being referenced this way.

"For people trying to "wrap" dx and dxis as vsts so that they will work with the new Bit Bridge (works well with with Waves stuff):

1 Download this:

2. Unzip the files.

3. Create a folder in Program Files x86 directory. Name it what ever you like, possibly DXvsts.

4. Find the .dll files (and only the .dll files) for your dx plugins and copy and paste them into the new folder from step 3

5. Drag the dxshell.dll file and shell2vst.exe files into the same folder from step 3.

6. In the folder, drag the dxshell.dll file on top of the shell2vst.exe file and it will wrap your files

You will now notice a new folder simply named DX. This contains all your wrapped vsts.

7. Open SONAR and do a vst scan pointing it to the DX folder and you should be good to go in 64 bit land.

Please note in the DX folder all of your native Cakewalk fx will also be "wrapped", but will not scan properly. You can go in this folder and delete those .dll files. You wont need them as they will open in SONAR anyway."

Thanks for digging this up, I will try it when I have time (Thursday?).  I noticed in the "Readme" that Sonar is not one of the 'supported hosts'.  Have you tried it?  Also, your instructions vary from the "ReadMe" instructions.

Win10-64
    Sonar Platinum/64
    Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 2.3 GHz
    32 GB
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Brando
    Re:Bitbridge and JBridge. DXi's 2012/07/24 23:12:30 (permalink)
    SH

Brando

SH

1 Download this:

2. Unzip the files.

4. Find the .dll files (and only the .dll files) for your dx plugins and copy and paste them into the new folder from step 3

Thanks for digging this up, I will try it when I have time (Thursday?).  I noticed in the "Readme" that Sonar is not one of the 'supported hosts'.  Have you tried it?  Also, your instructions vary from the "ReadMe" instructions.

I have wrapped several DX effects using this method including Cakewalk's FX3 effect plug. But no DXi's. As i mentioned the instructions are not "mine". But it works.

Brando
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1