Helpful ReplyBlade Runner 2049

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/17 21:33:46 (permalink)
They are doing something today called cinematic dialogue mixes.  It is the latest thing.  Not so much in the music and FX area but dialogue.  And it is happening on TV as well.  The question I have is can you hear the dialogue?  What they are into now which is horrible in my opinion is dialogue drifting from so soft you cannot hear it to just audible.  They are getting too smart and clever and dynamic with the dialogue levels these days and yes the music and FX are starting to get over the top and out of balance with the dialogue in general. 

Back in the day when I was learning post production it was all about keeping the dialogue clear and at a very constant level e.g. 85 dB SPL.  The other stuff could move around that but the dialog was sacred. Not so much now. They are messing with it a bit and I am not a fan.

I am going next week to see it as well.  Some theatres around here have had the overall volume too soft in my opinion and that is worse I think. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/18 01:34:03 (permalink)
synkrotron
I'll more than likely add it to my collection, even though it wasn't as good as the original... Are they ever?

Some, like Road Warrior, were far superior than their originals.  Heck, most people didn't even know there was a movie before Road Warrior (i.e., Mad Max)!

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
2:43AM
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1147
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/18 04:08:32 (permalink)
craigb
Some, like Road Warrior, were far superior than their originals.  Heck, most people didn't even know there was a movie before Road Warrior (i.e., Mad Max)!

"Good one!  Mad Max was harrible!"
2:43AM
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1147
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/18 04:28:40 (permalink)
bitflipper
The volume was too loud in the theater I saw it in, too. Not to the point of distortion, but certainly above the sweet spot. Given that theater systems are calibrated, I'm assuming the hot mix was intentional.

It probably wasn't Hans Zimmer's idea; the most painful parts were low-frequency sound effects. In contrast, one complaint I had about Wonder Woman was the music wasn't up enough in the mix. It would seem Herr Zimmer has little influence over the mixing process.

And to be fair to Hans, he was brought in very late in the game, just six weeks before the film's release and after most of the music had already been composed and recorded. The official credits don't even mention the original composer, but I've read that a total of four composers contributed music.

They could have saved a lot of time and money - and kept true to the original - by just hiring Vangelis to start with.

The list of audio engineers is long enough to form two or three softball teams. While both of the mixers named have extensive filmographies, few of their past projects stand out for sound (Kung Fu Panda 3, Monster Trucks). One of them does list Apocalypse Now among his credits, but that was a long time ago and back then he was probably the intern who brought coffee.

Good info and a good read, Bit!  Definitely the mix at my local theater was super hot...a real cone scorcher!!!  Like I said before, it distorted the vocals at a certain part...no question about it.  I also totally agree with Hollywood's current love affair with low frequencies.  I think it all started with the first Transformers movie, as I believe that the first instance of the now-hackneyed "bass drop" occurred in said film.  Therefore, we've had a decade of bass-filled garbage ever since!

Basically, the BR2049 soundtrack would be good if the bottom end was cleaned up.  For giggles, I took one of the tracks off YouTube and remastered it quickly in Ozone 6--some EQ cuts, a little bass compression, narrowed the bass width (which was wide as heck), and added a little sparkle with Baxandall on the highs.  I could have cut the bass more, but the result?  Though I couldn't scrap the subharmonic mud, it actually did sound much better and tighter.  Better mid/high's cutting through the mix and it didn't sound like it was going to tear my speakers apart!

Good point about Vangelis.  I will have to do a little online research to find out if he was even offered the job.  Perhaps not as he's been out of the game for too long?  Whether it was Vangelis or someone else, I'm sure it would have been done better.  In fact, I can think of a couple of electronic musicians that I frequently listen to who would absolutely do a phenomenal job with BR2049's soundtrack if they had a chance.
flyinghitcher
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/19 07:38:23 (permalink)
I was sure the movie theatre had the volume too loud, I have since listened to the OST.. It's a distorted mess as well. Shame it's a black mark on Hans Zimmer for me. He should stick to Pirate movies and Gladiator.

henkejs
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 489
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/19 15:32:07 (permalink)
Saw Blade Runner yesterday. After reading comments here about the volume, I took my band rehearsal earplugs with me. I agree with previous commenters, the low frequency stuff was overwhelming even with earplugs in. Then during the occasional quiet dialog scenes, I had to take the earplugs out to hear the dialog. I'm not sure who originally thought this kind of sound design was a good idea, but the trailers shown before the main feature confirm the notion that this is the accepted practice these days.

A few of my songs

SONAR Platinum, Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.
Jeff Evans
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/25 17:37:08 (permalink)
Well I saw it the other day.  In a morning session with very few in the theatre.  Got to say yes I think there was some cinematic effects levels going on.  Dialogue was clear and at a good volume for me. Music at extraordinary volumes too at times.  But in my case zero distortion anywhere in the sound system. (whoopee) The speakers breezed through this as clean as anything. They must have been decent to deliver this level of volume so perfectly that is all I can say. I think when you hear it like this then it is going to have a different response in you. 

Musically I think it was cool and interesting and I did like it.  Not so melodic or beautiful like the first Vangelis score but a harder edged heavier feel and they got it for sure.  Zimmer was more than likely involved with the drum grooves and there were plenty of cinematic tom grooves in this one. Not sure about the raspy heavy distorted sounds they are dropping in.  (e.g. the giant ship fog horn like sounds that sound like they are 3" from your ear!)  It is a very different soundtrack.  It is still very underscore like with no memorable melodies.  No one is actually writing anything!  Makes me want to see the first one again now. Vangelis has a super epic like gifted melodic sense and he uses it all the time on the original score. (So does Zimmer but it is not so present here though) 

Story wise I think it was more laid back overall than the original. They seem to have continued on some ideas quite well leaving it open at the end. It is still very different to the original though.  The original had a certain magic that is present all the time. This movie captures that magic on an off for me. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/25 19:01:38 (permalink)
bitflipper
... The market for intellectually-engaging sci-fi seems to have disappeared.

I'm in the same boat. The movie was not satisfying and I'm even debating not bothering writing a review ... just another action/adventure formula movie with an incidental story, they could not really make satisfying, regardless. I thought that Decker's incredulous looks were for how much money he made for not doing or saying much of anything. The only/best line he has in the movie is about the dog! "I don't know. Ask him!"

That's exactly how I feel about the movie ... or the other example ... "she had green eyes" and walks away ... shoot it down ... just like the sequel. No class or appreciation for the romantic and really incredible imagery and sense of life, that the original had ... this one was devoid of life. PERIOD.

Btw, Flipper, I've heard better sound in the old Pink Floyd's Quadraphonic Sound, in Tangerine Dream concerts and in the original Star Wars, from which all those movies are STILL, trying to sound half as good. Even the music had no soul, and it was only used just like all the movies in Hollywood, and the original, was NOT about a Hollywood film at all ... I would almost say it was a big finger to Hollywood! 

BR2049 is one of the worst sequels of any movie I have ever seen ... but then, my taste is hard for many of you to appreciate ... mine is 2 Claude Berri films ... Jean de Florette and then Manon of the Spring ... and if you have never seen these two films, the ending will just blow your mind to smithereens ... and both films are incredible. No Hollyweird film even comes close!

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
Moshkito
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/25 19:18:37 (permalink)
bitflipper
They could have saved a lot of time and money - and kept true to the original - by just hiring Vangelis to start with.

And Vangelis would have turned it down. He's not very good at "repeating himself" even to the point of not wanting to do concerts, although this is mostly because he does not fly to locations. So he has said.

Ridley Scott knows how to use music, and did it again in "Legend". Hans Zimmer was brought in because he had already worked with Ridley Scott ... however, I think that he came in much too late, as suggested, to be able to do anything with the soundtrack, and the movie was already shot, and more than likely, none of the directing and filming would be able to use the music and choreograph some visual sequences off it, like some moments were done in the original.

The biggest problem is that the director of the film does not know how to use MUSIC, and just phones it in (as you say), to accentuate the transitions in the story and dialogue ... the majority of the music and its use in this film would get a D from me, for lack of originality and "standard" use, instead of any originality all around.

Btw, just because it is loud and has some reverb or effect on the sound, does not make it great! Even those effects were in-necessary most of the time, and all they did was try to make the film more "out there" than it would normally be. As it is, it was just a waste of money and budget to create something that had no soul in the first place, and were just another terminator movie, or another diesel film. 

End of story ... if my name was Phillip K. Dick, I would have put out a comment that I disown any connection to the original and want to have nothing to do with the bad copy and lousy writing in the film.

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/25 19:22:12 (permalink)
I thought it was as good a sequel as it could have been, obviously made with love and respect to the original, whist having the bravery to go somewhere else with the story. The visuals were breathtaking. Really enjoyed it.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
auto_da_fe
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/25 19:51:36 (permalink)
Saw it glad I did, but not a knockout.
Damn theater has those seats that lay out like a hospital bed, was fighting to stay awake a few times.

BTW - We go to the movies 1 week later, Sunday mornings.  Another advantage to non-belief (or being jewish !)

(WOW blueberry Hill - Fats RIP just came on shuffle....cool)

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
Win 10 64 
SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
https://soundcloud.com/airportface
auto_da_fe
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/25 19:51:36 (permalink)
damn getting the double posts....

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
Win 10 64 
SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
https://soundcloud.com/airportface
electrodome1
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/26 00:10:45 (permalink)
7:1 sounds awesome...I'm still trying to dial in my subwoofer...Gets tricky with different kick drums on AD2

SONAR Platinum
RME FireFace 800
G-Force 960
cs750m
Dual monitors
Win 10 64 bit
i7 4790 8-core
16.0 gb ram
C;, D;, E; Hard drives - progs, audio, samples
vst's:  Arturia mini m, m.mod, arp2600, roland Jupiter, cs80, oberheim, DVi mellotron
FF800
Resonant Serpent
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/26 02:39:31 (permalink)
I thought it was so great that I watched it twice. The first time in 3D at a generic theater on the south side of town. It was rather empty, but that's how I like it. Loved the film, the score, and the way it was put together. The first film is pre-apocalypse. Density of humans, warm atmosphere, and there's obviously plenty to go around. The second film is post-apocalyptic, and the polar opposite in feel and mood. It wasn't the next chapter, but the next book. The sound system was obviously hanging on for dear life during the loud sequences. Still, they raised the hairs on my arm.

Saw it the second time at the Laser IMAX in 2D. One of the few in the country. This time, it wasn't just great, but phenomenal. The sound system blew away the first theater by a long shot. There was no audio or video distortion and everything was crystal clear. I could easily count the pores on their faces. While the dialog in the first film seemed to be low, it was perfect here. Glad I got to see if both ways.

It was also fun because I went with my wife, and Blade Runner has always been her favorite film. As far as all the negative judgement, I think most people don't retain enough neuroplasticity to even enjoy anything that is truly new. Everything has to be judged through the lens of previous experience, which has probably bloated to a decrepit god-like level over the years. I remember the original reviews of the first film and how the local paper referred to Vangelis' work as an "electronic caterwaul". If you don't hear his work in the new film, then you really don't know the old film. It's not only clearly in there, but they play one of his most famous pieces verbatim. PKD was excited for the first film, and I think he would have liked this one. His daughter did good work overseeing the production.

I'm curious how many people caught the Alien easter eggs in 2049 since they are the same universe.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
stickman393
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/26 03:33:00 (permalink)
I think Hans Zimmer, Inc, did a fine job with the score. Loved the new film; loved the sound design.

You have to remember that not even Vangelis sounds like Vangelis anymore.
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/26 14:31:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby synkrotron 2017/10/28 14:57:58
Resonant Serpent

I'm curious how many people caught the Alien easter eggs in 2049 since they are the same universe.

For those who didn't watch 2049 twice...

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Jeff Evans
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/26 18:41:50 (permalink)
Thanks Dave that was great.  I did enjoy this film.  I do want to see it again actually.  There is a lot to take in with just one sitting.  I am keen to watch the original again as well.  My local theatre is delivering the soundtrack perfectly and I must say when you hear it like this does take on a somewhat different quality. 

Resonant Serpent
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/27 05:41:56 (permalink)
“We tried to create the intention of a more contemporary sound using 40-year-old technology,” Wallfisch says. “It’s a lot harder but the result has soul.”

http://www.factmag.com/20...runner-2049-interview/

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3442
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/27 20:44:29 (permalink)
Jamesg, I'd like to observe that the source novel bore little resemblance to the film, outside of a character named Decker. One of the few instances in which I think the film is far superior to the novel. Dick had lots of great ideas, but I never thought he was a particularly good writer. Disjointed to the point of being scarcely coherent at times. Probably from being so high all the time.

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
Unbridled Enthusiasm
 My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
bitflipper
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/28 14:44:38 (permalink)
That was a very interesting interview, RS, thanks. Impressive that Hans finished his contribution in just 10 days. I'll be cutting him a lot more slack from now on regarding 2049 and it's occasionally phoned-in musical feel. Interestingly,  Zimmer actually considered bringing Vangelis in on the project but decided to just use his synth instead.

My Stuff
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/28 14:48:51 (permalink)
mcourter
Jamesg, I'd like to observe that the source novel bore little resemblance to the film, outside of a character named Decker. One of the few instances in which I think the film is far superior to the novel. Dick had lots of great ideas, but I never thought he was a particularly good writer. Disjointed to the point of being scarcely coherent at times. Probably from being so high all the time.

Strange little coincidence - I was an avid sci-fi reader in my teens, loved Brian Aldiss, John Wyndham, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury and a few others. I had quite a collection of paperbacks but for the life of me, I can't remember what happened to them.

Last week I was rummaging about in one of those kitchen drawers that somehow collects random 'stuff' and found my dog eared copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. No idea why that one is still here when all the others have disappeared.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/28 16:33:47 (permalink)
Maybe that particular drawer is a tunnel to the Twilight Zone? 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/30 14:26:07 (permalink)
i thought it was good (not great like the first) and was a bit too long, maybe if it was shorter it might come across better... but i do need to watch it again

just a sec

Resonant Serpent
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/10/31 05:06:13 (permalink)
bitflipper
That was a very interesting interview, RS, thanks. Impressive that Hans finished his contribution in just 10 days. I'll be cutting him a lot more slack from now on regarding 2049 and it's occasionally phoned-in musical feel. Interestingly,  Zimmer actually considered bringing Vangelis in on the project but decided to just use his synth instead.

You're welcome.

It's too bad Vangelis wasn't a part of this. I've heard conflicting reports that he both loved and loathed his work on Blade Runner. Hell, I would have been happy if they pulled in a few of the elder synth masters such as Wendy Carlos, but had no idea what she's up to these days. Her website hasn't been updated in a long time. There's not a lot of that initial crowd left unfortunately.

DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/11/01 21:41:53 (permalink)
I saw it earlier today. After having read this thread I was listening for distortion. At the very beginning it sounded distorted but the rest was ok. I guess it was just a buzz that was part of the soundtrack. It was clear and I could hear the dialog fine. It was too loud in places.

The movie was pretty good. Not a favorite as, IMHO, it was drawn out more than needed. Some scenes were entirely too long just to make what I would call a trance effect or trying to make the scene seem more ethereal or something. Hypnotic or boring may be some other adjectives.

Not really impressed by the music.

Sean Young is holding her age well or there were some good makeup effects or both.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
Jeff Evans
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/11/04 18:59:59 (permalink)
There is a very big distorted sound as part of the soundtrack but when I heard it, the sound system for me was super clean with everything else clean and even the distorted sound sounded fine to me. 

Yes there is a lack of music in parts.  Quite a lot of sound design going on I would say with more snippets of music here and there.  Other times the music is just textural and adds to the sound design.  I get the feeling maybe too many composers were involved and it lacks a little direction.  It is a style of modern cinematic mixing, music and sound design. I think it gets unnecessarily loud too.  The effects can be overwhelming compared to the rest of the soundtrack. 

In the original the music was more present and there is much more of it.  It conveys a strong feeling too.  The music is more involved with the film.  I am going to see the new one again and maybe listen to the music more.  Also I am keen to watch the original as well at home on a great sound system and revisit that.  

ClarkPlaysGuitar
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/11/06 19:49:09 (permalink)
Took my youngest son (22) to see it last Wednesday. We rented the original over the weekend so he would be primed, but it was not how I remembered it. I swear when I saw it in the theaters that there was some sequence with Deckard waiting for some dude, who asked him if he wanted soup. There was a pot on the stove, but Deckard "retires" the guy. Of course, that's the whole K & Sappor Morton scene in 2049, but it wasn't in the version of the original we rented.

Anyway, loved them both. Way different than the book they're based on, but that is another discussion.

Clark
SONAR Platinum, Win10 x64, i5 quad-core, 16GB RAM,  Focusrite Scarlet 18i20g2, other stuff too boring to list (cheap tube pre, mid-range mics, etc)
Moshkito
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/11/07 14:35:47 (permalink)
stickman393
You have to remember that not even Vangelis sounds like Vangelis anymore.

Weird thing to say, I thought.

So you are not allowed to grow out from the person you were some 30 years ago, and have to reinvent yourself by copying? ... sorry ... that is only true for Eric Clapton, and some musicos in this board, but not for a real composer of music, with so many soundtracks to his name that you can't make a good listing (hint ... neither can I!) ... and an OSCAR in his closet.

I do not think, that Vangelis thought that the director would make a good and sensitive film like the original ... I really don't. If you see how his music was used in the two best known films (Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire), you will know right away that the director of the current film is not a music person at all ... he's a director of the fan-fare of the day complete with idiosyncratic effects and crowd pleasing moments so that the film can bring home some good bacon, and make sure that the beacan can not get a single mention in this thread! (I took care of that!!!!)

And unlike the original, the script for this one was not as romantic and pleasing as the original ... which appealed to us in a sort of youthful fascinating dreaming way ... your own hopes and dreams ... but in this latest version, it's like its over ... and what is left of that dream is encapsulated and probably will die the second that door opens. Or the father will kill it wanting to hug it and love it! How pathetic of an idea that is ... and sick! And while it maybe be sadomasochistic in its view of science fiction, in many ways it is much more of a vision of a Hollywood idea of "entertainment", than anything else ... and making it look like it is important and has a theme, that is human and all that ... something you can do by taking and aiming a piss anywhere. Just ask a child, in a movie that was banned for it ... (Fellini's Intervista ... just watch that opening!!!!!).

I now call this "pseudo-sci-fi" ... or a Hollyweird version of such. 

If this is all that "science fiction" can produce nowadays, you and I would be gone and never read any of it EVER again ... c'mon ... all the great sci-fi writers that inspired us ... have you forgot them?

bitflipper
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/11/07 14:38:24 (permalink)
There are no less than seven versions of the original movie floating around, so it's quite likely the version you rented was not the theatrical release.

Mainly, they differ in the ending. The original happy ending was put in against the director's wishes, so when he had the chance to make a director's cut he changed the ending. And that was an improvement, IMO, because it clearly suggests that Deckart is a replicant. That explains why, in the sequel, he's hiding out in the wastelands.

My Stuff
Moshkito
Re: Blade Runner 2049 2017/11/07 14:47:08 (permalink)
bitflipper
There are no less than seven versions of the original movie floating around, so it's quite likely the version you rented was not the theatrical release.

Mainly, they differ in the ending. The original happy ending was put in against the director's wishes, so when he had the chance to make a director's cut he changed the ending. And that was an improvement, IMO, because it clearly suggests that Deckart is a replicant. That explains why, in the sequel, he's hiding out in the wastelands.

I caught the original on the big screen when it came out ... and immediately went out and got the soundtrack from the film, because I recognized a few other things in there, like the subtle use of the late Demis Roussos's voice and such ... and the way the music was issued in the film ... it was a sheer symphony of emotions, color, visuals and music ... and this new version did not have any of those 4 together at all ... and I'm not sure that the director and producers even had a clue ... what it was all about, instead of creating an imaginary something to make you think that you are missing a point ... 

The last person/society that did that to a group of people, was a Fascist Government in the country that my father left to become a full fledged writer and scholar, because in his own country he could not do it!

Take your choice, or poison. But fake crap, is not my idea of food that you need for your senses! You really think that Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, Mr. Grok and others ... would have written that kind of crap that 2049 put together?

You would have never EVER bothered to read it! (I could really be more cynical about this ... no one reads anything anymore, anyway ... and it also happens in these threads and boards! No one, nowadays will even bother reading a book ... wtf ... what a waste of words and letters! 

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1