Brave Boys

Author
AntManB
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 144
2017/07/21 11:58:40 (permalink)

Brave Boys

Made things difficult for myself by recording guitar and vocal first with no click track (too lazy to work out all the tempo/time signature changes) but I think it turned out ok.  Next time I'll do the work up front though, to save time later :)

https://soundcloud.com/bmuse/brave-boys-v14m

Any feedback appreciated.

AMB

4 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re: Brave Boys 2017/07/21 21:23:04 (permalink)
    Ewan, this is a good song, but it definitely has a loose feel to it.  That's alright, as this song sounds like it would be at home in a pub while drinking a round of beers.  I do believe that one tempo could have easily worked for the most part, but no matter.  We'll see how it goes next time.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Freddy J
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2348
    Re: Brave Boys 2017/07/22 03:17:45 (permalink)
    I like this number. The lyrics are good, that is an interesting guitar fill toward the end, and the changes in drum/tempo are interesting. I think that I have a similar thought as Lynn stated.  I like the drums but it seems as if the vocals and drums (or tempo) trip over each other every once in a while.  Having stated this, I wish I could offer some suggestions but my ignorance prevents me.  Perhaps some "word smithing" rather than trying to mess with the drums/tempos.

Having said all of this I do think that you have some really good things going on in this song. 
    AntManB
    Re: Brave Boys 2017/07/25 00:29:53 (permalink)
    Lynn
    Ewan, this is a good song, but it definitely has a loose feel to it.  That's alright, as this song sounds like it would be at home in a pub while drinking a round of beers.  I do believe that one tempo could have easily worked for the most part, but no matter.  We'll see how it goes next time.

Thanks Lynn.  I haven't tried listening to it after a few beers but I'll certainly take your advice :)

AMB
    AntManB
    Re: Brave Boys 2017/07/25 00:34:36 (permalink)
    Freddy J
    I like this number. The lyrics are good, that is an interesting guitar fill toward the end, and the changes in drum/tempo are interesting. I think that I have a similar thought as Lynn stated.  I like the drums but it seems as if the vocals and drums (or tempo) trip over each other every once in a while.  Having stated this, I wish I could offer some suggestions but my ignorance prevents me.  Perhaps some "word smithing" rather than trying to mess with the drums/tempos.

Having said all of this I do think that you have some really good things going on in this song. 

You're right - there's a couple of places where I trip over the words a bit and the timing isn't as tight as it could be.  Maybe I'll try redoing the vocal when I get a chance - or maybe even a bit if editing could tighten it up.

Thanks for the feedback.

AMB

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1