Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
2009/02/01 16:49:04 (permalink)

Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh

What's going on?

What on earth is Minder going to be like wivaht Arfur 'n Terry?

And Martin Clunes to play Reggie - dear old Leonard Rossiter must be spinning in his grave.

I didn't get where I am today by watching half-arsed remakes of classic TV....

Yours sincerely

DaveStrummer at the WinchesterClubUK

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

35 Replies Related Threads

VinylJunkie
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 939
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/01 17:23:19 (permalink)
    Agreed - why can't they leave well alone, and think up some original ideas. Who else isn't in it? Dave from the Winchester, or Chisholm? and who's gonna sing the theme tune?

VJ
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/01 17:27:24 (permalink)
    File under 'don't bother watching' alongside Paul Merton doing Tony Hancock and Ant & Dec slaughtering The Likely Lads...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/01 18:11:05 (permalink)
    I have got better thing to do then watch either of them.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/01 18:42:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Mindless triva , but the interiors for daves bar were filmed at the Bar inside the guiness brewery in Park Royal (London) a family member used to work there.. and no my mum wasn't the chief tester of the brew..haha

some of it the later episodes small bits were filmed at my work "work" place... which will remain nameless.

although it's really funny to see some of my area and around .. on the professionals / minder / Monty python and numerous other things.. my friends road looks like up north so has been used in shed loads of adverts / tv / pop videos

as for minder, Shane Ritchie is from near where I used to grow up.. used to go a local Irish social club where some of my family went.. I think he's rather over rated.. hhmm

some of the things might come across rather dated and were of their time... e.g. minder.. what he got away with in the 80's... with the dodgy cars.. well the DVLA would be on to him straight away..haha

VJ : I think shane richie sings it.. he worked in as a yellow/red coat before , so can errm "sing".
    but Dennis still gets a cut of the wedge since he wrote or co-write the original? hehe

I can't help not remember the little Britain thing "write the theme tune.. sing the theme tune" hehe

only reason they re did it... Murdoch owns thames tv if I recall or bought it = free rights. he also owns channel 5... and they ship that stuff out globally .. esp to oz and spain for the ex-pats.. which is a bit of a money spinner.. I've seen allo allo in canada when I was there.. and my brother in law / sister were watching mind your language in India.. so go figure, they don't mind it there, but apparently it's not PC for here. Even my Indian friends at work remember as kids watching it

post edited by Fog - 2009/02/01 21:13:07
    Garry Stubbs
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2619
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 15:25:11 (permalink)
    File under 'don't bother watching' alongside Paul Merton doing Tony Hancock and Ant & Dec slaughtering The Likely Lads...

And Reeves and Mortimer (As much as I love them) doing Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)... Can you hear me Marty?

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 17:13:24 (permalink)
    and who's gonna sing the theme tune?

Well, I wrote the theme tune, sang the theme tune..............
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 17:52:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: FastBikerBoy

Alright there Dennis - clever psodanym psueedonim psuodanymm psoodanym nickname

Is it true that, if I want to, you can change the situation?

Garry Stubbs
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 18:13:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: FastBikerBoy

Alright there Dennis - clever psodanym psueedonim psuodanymm psoodanym nickname

Is it true that, if I want to, you can change the situation?

It can be achieved - with the right people, right time, it's just the wrong location
    Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 18:16:13 (permalink)
    Steve I laughed when I saw that Dennis avatar..

I "think" there was a bit in the paper about him NOT wanting to appear in the new version as a cameo..

who remembers athurs skinhead nephew ? hehe

what was funny was a young max branning (off enders) in the professionals a few months ago..
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 18:41:56 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: The Kiosk Project

It can be achieved - with the right people, right time, it's just the wrong location

Have you got a good idea?

ORIGINAL: Fog

what was funny was a young max branning (off enders) in the professionals a few months ago..

He he - I saw the bloke who plays Burnside in The Bill in something the other day - that was The Professionals * or Minder * or something on ITV4

Decent thatch and it looked he had Dennis Healy's eyebrows

* I record them you know

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2009/02/02 18:48:55

Garry Stubbs
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 18:54:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: The Kiosk Project

Have you got a good idea?

Yes, just you keep me near...

EDIT: - ALL TOGETHER NOW...........
    post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2009/02/02 19:00:14
    Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/02 19:36:43 (permalink)
    I could cook my stew.... stew... it's good for you.....

.oO(thats the right lyrics Garry)

steve , trigger out of only fools was in the professionals with a well funny haircut as well. loads have been in it
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 10:17:04 (permalink)

Talking of genuine classic TV don't miss ITV4 @ 9pm tonight.

It's the episode of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet where Oz wakes up back in Blighty after a night on the lash and can't remember how he got there.

Simply brilliant

Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 10:19:44 (permalink)
    Timothy Spall will always be Barry to me..hehe

fess up Steve did you buy the record of the theme tune
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 10:29:56 (permalink)

No, 'fraid not.

Mind you, at least they had the good sense not to let Jimmy Nail sing it a la Dennis Waterman

Garry Stubbs
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 11:27:27 (permalink)

No, 'fraid not.

Mind you, at least they had the good sense not to let Jimmy Nail sing it a la Dennis Waterman

Yeah thats cos they wouldn't let him write the theme tune so he didn't want to sing the theme tune

Love the "Eddie the Eagle" avatar Strummy, a true British legend, wern't they making a film about him? Thats gone quiet.

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    jamesg1213
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 12:39:30 (permalink)

No, 'fraid not.

Love Auf Weidersehen Pet, I could watch it all day. Great theme tune for series 3;

Mark Knopfler - Why Aye Man

That riff @ 1:01 is effortlessly cool

''Nay picnic in the Falklands, mind - where men were men, and sheep were nervous..''

Jyemz

Lemonboy
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 679
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 12:54:05 (permalink)

What's going on?

What on earth is Minder going to be like wivaht Arfur 'n Terry?

And Martin Clunes to play Reggie - dear old Leonard Rossiter must be spinning in his grave.

I didn't get where I am today by watching half-arsed remakes of classic TV....

Yours sincerely

Sounds a bit (BIG) pants to say the least!

But Steve you haven't got time to watch TV . . . because (and very tongue in cheek) you DID get where you are today by making half-arsed remakes of classic Tunes....
    Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 13:16:42 (permalink)
    James following that logic, chas n dave should re-do the minder theme hehe.. I was watching rab C the other night.. maybe the proclaimers should do there theme

That bloke Mark looks familiar.. maybe it was the time years ago... when I got a new colour TV + fridge delivered

We'll all watch it I bet, very biased of course saying it'll never be good as the original.. hehe

jamesg1213
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/03 13:27:02 (permalink)

James following that logic, chas n dave should re-do the minder theme hehe.. I was watching rab C the other night.. maybe the proclaimers should do there theme

That bloke Mark looks familiar.. maybe it was the time years ago... when I got a new colour TV + fridge delivered

We'll all watch it I bet, very biased of course saying it'll never be good as the original.. hehe

Sorry, you lost me...following what logic? That was the theme tune (end credits) for series three, in 2002.

Jyemz

Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/04 11:31:29 (permalink)
    James wheres Mark born (that surprised me) but his origins are Newcastle and the majority of the main characters are from that region, in that show.. hopefully it makes more sense now

Steve I saw on the trailer it'll be "Archie" Daley..hhmm not far removed from "Alfie" lol

I'm sure the people who watched the original will look just to see what they have done to the original format.. although, who is gonna replace dave the bar man? hehe

post edited by Fog - 2009/02/04 11:46:12
    Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/04 17:00:05 (permalink)
    just watched the new minder...

over acted , unrealistic and awful about sums it up.. no wonder they show it on wenesday when nothing else is on..

SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/04 19:20:50 (permalink)

just watched the new minder...

over acted , unrealistic and awful about sums it up.. no wonder they show it on wenesday when nothing else is on..

Couldn't agree more!

A better reason for getting Alfie Moon Daley back in the 'Enders I cannot think of.

And the poor lass chosen as DI Chisholm's 'replacement' really hasn't got a chance has she?

Still, I admit I was mistaken in believing it was a remake as opposed to an update.

Should really have been a dontbothertomake

Very poor indeed.

And much as I liked Martin Clunes in Men Behaving Badly - I just can't imagine how bad Reggie Perrin's going to be.

Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/04 20:52:21 (permalink)
    Steve... Well think about it in sense of...

OK.. there are no disused warehouses in London + Crouch end and my area have changed = no professionals (it's funny to see some area's near me in that programme)
    the sweeney = you can't act like that any more.. were the sweeney and we ain't had our dinna

it was laughable that he apparently has a warehouse in the west end of London in Minder. Not with the price of property he ain't.. All they did was say.. ok play alfie moon but add a bit of george cole... and it was woeful.

achie / arthur is WAY too young.. he should be older..Also the thing with jamie / terry.. he's way too clean cut in this version.

so for Londoners it's even more insulting due to the locations..

has Dave been replaced with "Dorris" ?!?!

it's a money spinner .e.g. ship it to oz and spain to the ex pats.. on murdoch's other channels that he owns.. remember he bought Euston Films (thames tv) years ago.. so even if he had to pay for production.. he's still paying his own company , or another branch anyway..

Lets face it authur wouldn't really exsist in the sense of what he's selling now.. back in the 80's fair enough.. most people would buy say a container of clothes from China etc.. as a lucky dip / job lot.. the catch being you don't know exactly what your going to get.

A guy on the radio said a friend of his used to do that.. buy a container of things from abroad £500 BUT he didn't know what he was getting... 500 silk shirts... flogged them £5 or £10 each to market people.. the market people were flogging them for £15-20... shop price £40+ for the same thing. so everyone was making a profit
    post edited by Fog - 2009/02/04 20:59:45
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/05 18:04:22 (permalink)

Well put mate.

All this sort of stuff relies deep down on being believable.

Everyone knew an Arthur or a Terry and the guys, if anything, underplayed the parts to perfection.

I just cannot 'click' with Shane Ritchie in anything really...

... it would have been better for all concerned if he'd just stayed in The Commodores

## Oooooo ooooh, oh what a feeeeeeeeling - ooooooooo ooh walkin' on the ceiling ... ##

Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/05 18:54:28 (permalink)
    to be honest with you I actually find Lionel Richie funnier.. you know the old story about him and Stevie Wonder in the studio?

so the session finished.. they go outside.. Stevie wants to drive.. gets in the car... even starts the car..and is about to drive off and doens't but asks Lionel "which way? " .

Shane, he grew up around the corner from me.. he seems about as genuine as a 9 bob note.. and his acting.. well are they gonna remake the wooden tops? hehe

it's that yellow / red coat mentality.. so false.. and I'm no where near the east end either.
    post edited by Fog - 2009/02/05 18:59:21
    i8ipop
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 568
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/10 00:10:47 (permalink)
    I can't believe they'd want to remake such classics?!?!? I don't wanna see Martin Clunes running naked down the beach!!!! Bad Bad Idea! it was bad enough when the americans thought they could remake Kath and Kim...what a bomb!

"I DIDN'T GET WHERE I AM TODAY BY MAKING RUBBISH REMAKES OF ABSOLUTE CLASSICS"!!!

No CJ...Sorry CJ.
    post edited by i8ipop - 2009/02/10 00:17:48

Still raining...still dreaming!
    Fog
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/10 21:01:07 (permalink)
    i8ipop.. haha... I just thought .. CJ off here might think it's regarding him..hehe

what was the shop they started? grot? that was funny and it became a massive success. There was a squeeky chair in the office as well ?

Minder ep. 2 is on tomorrow , I guess Steve will be watching .. I might, but I'll tune in after the title tune, since it's been really messed with in a studio and the vocals sound ODD.

VinylJunkie
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 939
    RE: Brits - New versions of Minder/Reggie Perrin... arghhhhhhh 2009/02/11 11:41:56 (permalink)
    i8ipop.. haha... I just thought .. CJ off here might think it's regarding him..hehe

Crossed my mind too!!

Didn't bother watching Minder last week but did hear the theme tune on the radio. Awful.

VJ
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1