Helpful ReplyLockedBugs and Fixes list

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Splat
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Bugs and Fixes list 2015/01/30 09:36:19 (permalink)
Transcending Music
So what are you agreeing about? You are agreeing on these things:
forget the user
stick to the business schedule for release

Actually he is agreeing with our comments. He even went so far as quoting them.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Bugs and Fixes list 2015/01/30 16:06:57 (permalink)
I guess what I'm really saying is that the company I work for would never have a build signed off and ready for release, only to hold back from uploading it to the public because a fixed list was not yet complete.   I know that from the outside it's all the same because the user-base doesn't know the difference either way, but when you have users waiting for fixes and enhancements, something has to take priority.   And shiny usually wins.  

I've never had to compile one of these lists myself but I know what goes into them and it can be a PITA.  You have to separate externally vs. internally reported issues, those reported against a commercial release vs. those reported against internal-only builds, and check the wording of each defect to make sure it's clear since it's released publicly.  And then double-check your work.  Sure, each step may not be overwhelming, but everyone has some existing role within the company and simply finding time to do all that can also be an issue...   Anyhow, just my additional $.03.

@ Bob... "OT: are you the one with the Nebula and CPU discrepancy vs. Reaper? I can confirm that as well".   No, that wasn't me.   I think I may have read something about that at some point but I don't really use either product... though I do find both to be interesting...

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re: Bugs and Fixes list 2015/01/30 16:51:59 (permalink)
Quality Control is everything and it can take days, weeks, and months depending on the nature of the public release. Also depending on the nature of the project, quality control of documentation for public release cannot always be performed concurrently with project development.
post edited by rabeach - 2015/01/30 18:18:44
Vastman
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2508
Re: Bugs and Fixes list 2015/01/31 01:33:36 (permalink)
SteveC... you are very eloquent!
Alex... I luv ur humor!  Helps us suffer through Jerks...
TM...Dude... I rarely go there, but you're a jerk.
Don't buy the friggin' software till you see the list
Quit spewin' ur friggin' venom
The force that's within you is ugly...
Your insinuations are putrid
get a life!

Oh, yes, and I'll reitterate... if it's sooooo friggin' important to you to see the list, wait for it and if it meets your approval, upgrade.

What a waste of forum space...

Dana
We make the future... Climate Change Music
VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
Taurean Mixing
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 312
Re: Bugs and Fixes list 2015/01/31 09:22:18 (permalink)
stevec
I guess what I'm really saying is that the company I work for would never have a build signed off and ready for release, only to hold back from uploading it to the public because a fixed list was not yet complete.   I know that from the outside it's all the same because the user-base doesn't know the difference either way, but when you have users waiting for fixes and enhancements, something has to take priority.   And shiny usually wins.  

I've never had to compile one of these lists myself but I know what goes into them and it can be a PITA.  You have to separate externally vs. internally reported issues, those reported against a commercial release vs. those reported against internal-only builds, and check the wording of each defect to make sure it's clear since it's released publicly.  And then double-check your work.  Sure, each step may not be overwhelming, but everyone has some existing role within the company and simply finding time to do all that can also be an issue...   Anyhow, just my additional $.03.

@ Bob... "OT: are you the one with the Nebula and CPU discrepancy vs. Reaper? I can confirm that as well".   No, that wasn't me.   I think I may have read something about that at some point but I don't really use either product... though I do find both to be interesting...

Hmm, I probably saw a thread with the name Steve or something then. Alrighty then, thanks. P.s. they are indeed interesting!

But yea like I was saying, even against the backdrop of the idea that creating those lists are difficult, if one believes it or not, it always comes back to the fact that it could've been work delegated amongst the development of the software to ensure its timely release. It's like, say, leaving a feature out and justifying it with "it's a lot of work and takes times but we'll get on that later." Naturally it should've been worked on as part of the development. "Finding the time" should all be contained within the release schedule for any constituent of a release. Simply, if any part of it is incomplete, then it is not done.

So if one comes back with "the actual software release is priority because users are waiting for fixes," don't you think it is worse for business no less if those said users, in anticipation for fixes, realize that after spending money on the upgrade find out the issues have not been fixed! And doubly worse, perhaps have more bugs on top of it.

Vastman
SteveC... you are very eloquent!
Alex... I luv ur humor!  Helps us suffer through Jerks...
TM...Dude... I rarely go there, but you're a jerk.
Don't buy the friggin' software till you see the list
Quit spewin' ur friggin' venom
The force that's within you is ugly...
Your insinuations are putrid
get a life!

Oh, yes, and I'll reitterate... if it's sooooo friggin' important to you to see the list, wait for it and if it meets your approval, upgrade.

What a waste of forum space...

Dana the problem with not thinking for yourself, as you are clearly afflicted with, is you in particular add nothing to conversation or debate. You call what I am naturally inquiring about, as a long supporter of Sonar/Cakewalk, venom? You barge into a thread and say absolutely nothing: you could've literally came in here and typed "asjhajksahsjhasahereuajdbjj454raed" and it would've been the same, save for the fact you wouldn't be unnecessarily insulting my inquiry. Somebody questions something legitimate, while others pondering the same, and they are a jerk! A jerk says to a long-time, loyal customer: "don't friggin buy it until the list is released." Get what I mean jerk? Legitimate inquiry and concern met with childish, useless banter. But my posts are putrid? You get a clue.

So, just like Alex, as useless as he is to my posts, consider yourself blocked :)
This way I don't have to address your, I am sure, follow up non-sense. You want to act like a child, you'll be treated like one.

Bob
taureanonlinemixing.com
Sonar Platinum x64
3930K (ADK) Win 7 x64
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Bugs and Fixes list 2015/01/31 09:33:34 (permalink)
I see no use in letting this thread continue. A little manners to one another would help. Please avoid direct and personal attacks at all costs, there is simply no justification regardless of what you might think of somebody. This thread is full of examples.
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2015/01/31 09:44:53

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1