Bundle files stopped working. know why?

Author
fightngccks
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
2008/09/08 12:40:33 (permalink)

Bundle files stopped working. know why?

I got my Sonar 7 Producer running on XP64. It defaulted to 16 bit recording, though it reported a greyed out 24 bit recording ( seems to be a popular complaint) So I bundled up the tunes so I can take them out of the dark basement where the equipment is. Fine.
Now I converted the tracks to 24 bit, tried to add drum replacement, got really frustrated, so decide to bundle them up & take them out to fix them. But when trying to save as a bundle file, the "SAVE" button is greyed out.

By the way, "Greyed out" means that it is disabled. I know, you just go to "Save As', select "Bundle File" and press "Save". Yes I tryed that. But "Save" is greyed out. nothing.

Any Idea why my bundle utility stopped working?
By the way, I bundled the original tracks to a seperate directory, translated to 24 bit, did more stuff, then tryed to bundle that. Do bundle files need to be soured in the Audio Folder. Are you frustrated? I am.

Original -> (bundle) -> new folder + convert to 24 bit -> (bundle) fails

6 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    RE: Bundle files stopped working. know why? 2008/09/08 13:51:18 (permalink)
    Probaply you used Audiosnap in drum replacement. Audiosnap-clips can not be saved in bundle-files. Does your soundcard support 24 bits? And anyway, I wouldn't recommend using bundle files. Project files with per project audio folders are a better option.
    Did you go "deep" enough to change the bit depth? I'm not at my daw, and I don't remember it by heart, but there's one view which always shows the bit depth greyed out, and it's supposed to be so. The view for the changing is another one (Global>Audio???)

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    spindlebox
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2645
    RE: Bundle files stopped working. know why? 2008/09/08 17:52:12 (permalink)
    Yes, if you used audio snap your BUNDLING ability is gone.

However, all is not lost: Kalle's suggestion is really the best way to go anyway, with the project audio folders. If you like you can ZIP or RAR them into a nice neat package and store them that way for archiving or whatnot.

SWANG
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 191
    RE: Bundle files stopped working. know why? 2008/09/08 20:03:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Kalle Rantaaho

And anyway, I wouldn't recommend using bundle files. Project files with per project audio folders are a better option.

can you expand on this? i've used bundle files for years and never had an issue. conversely, i find importing omf files to be a revealing process (and i do not mean that in a good way).
    post edited by SWANG - 2008/09/08 20:04:47
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Bundle files stopped working. know why? 2008/09/08 20:20:23 (permalink)
    uWB's if corrupted are lost forever. They also get corrupted easier. CWP and per project audio files are not. also CWP are more organized than one general fodler with everythnig mushing with eachother.
    Anyways, you should have back-ups for all your projects, but i like the neatness of CWP and per project
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    SWANG
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 191
    RE: Bundle files stopped working. know why? 2008/09/08 20:27:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: CJaysMusic

uWB's if corrupted are lost forever.

yes, that's true. it's also true for any corrupted file, but i do see your point.
    They also get corrupted easier.

not in my experience, but if it were true across the board, i suppose we wouldn't be reading this thread. so perhaps i've just been lucky.

also CWP are more organized than one general fodler with everythnig mushing with eachother.

curious that i see it from the opposite point of view.
    Anyways, you should have back-ups for all your projects,

i do, but the point can't be overstated.

but i like the neatness of CWP and per project

which brings us to another point worth stating: every individual has their own method, and as long as one reaches the desired end, there is no real "right" or "wrong" way to approach it.
    post edited by SWANG - 2008/09/08 20:31:18
    fightngccks
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: Bundle files stopped working. know why? 2008/09/09 07:51:34 (permalink)
    Thanks, I was using Audio snap. I didn't know about the per-folder option too.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1