Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
losguy
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5506
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 17:49:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: daverich
i'd rather they were green - or maybe purple :)

Oh yeah! That would increase your album sales for sure!! ;-)

Psalm 30:12
All pure waves converge at the Origin
cmusicmaker
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2328
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 17:51:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gabe real

they are all good plugins, the only problem i have is that they all work in protools except for the compressor? don't know why? the compress is really good. it emulates different vintage compressors pretty good. just have to figure out how to get it to work. it works great in sonar though.

This sounds like a similar problem with Synchron 32 (Project 5 plug) not working in Sonar.
Cato
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 254
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 18:00:32 (permalink)
Dave you are funny man. I think I want mine in the same color, especially if it increases sales
jardim do mar
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1247
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 18:14:29 (permalink)
What if you use another product altogether?

LOL,,,,now I'm really confused,, I don't what to buy

marcella
And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
cmusicmaker
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 18:16:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jardim do mar

What if you use another product altogether?

LOL,,,,now I'm really confused,, I don't what to buy

It is a good point though...the flexibility of being able to choose which of the plugs you want is certainly a step in the right direction, and is great for non Sonar users.
Grünfeld
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 18:20:09 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: terrylittledad

ORIGINAL: Grünfeld

The Sonitus Reverb is worth it's weight in gold IMO. That's definitely one to have if you've not got it already.

Better than the Lexicon that's included in SE?

It's better than the Lexicon that's included in PE that's for sure. I don't know if it's better than those number crunchers like SIR (I wouldn't have thought so).
yep
Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4057
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 19:22:36 (permalink)
I think the sonitus plugs easily compete with and hold their own against bundles costing a lot more than that.

Cheers.
cmusicmaker
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/23 19:36:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: terrylittledad

The Sonitus Reverb is worth it's weight in gold IMO. That's definitely one to have if you've not got it already.

Better than the Lexicon that's included in SE?

It's better than the Lexicon that's included in PE that's for sure. I don't know if it's better than those number crunchers like SIR (I wouldn't have thought so).

I think the difference in the Lexicons is not so much the sound but the presets and functionality of the Producer version. If the Sonitus reverb is better than the Lexicon then the Sonitus plugs are a bit of a bargain!

I just do not need all of them.
jamester
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/24 03:14:29 (permalink)
I have SE, and the one thing I regret not having is the individual track eq's.

That's cool about the Sonitus fx being offered individually, though if you can upgrade to PE for $199 then that's a much better deal, as you'd get all the Sonitus PLUS the track eq's AND VSampler. Right?

I might be spending $199 soon, come to think of it.....

BTW, you can alter the parameters in the Lexicon LE. There just aren't as many, and not as many presets.
mwalter
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 204
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/24 08:41:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: cmusicmaker

ORIGINAL: mwalter

If I understand your question...my point is if, like me, you do not want to have to upgrade to S3PE just to get the Sonitus plugs you can now buy them separately.

That doesn't make any sense. The difference in price between SE and PE is only 200 bucks. Plus you get the Pantheon Reverb. Seems like a no brainer to me. Get PE

Mwalter I have Vsampler already the (full version...VSTi/DXi/standalone) not the OEM S3PE (DXi) version that comes with Producer. I also only need the Sonitus EQ and the Multiband compressor so I only need to spend around $100 for what I need.

I can even probably skip the multiband compressor as I have one in Ozone and just get the Sonitus EQ for about $40.

That is a lot less than a $200 upgrade from Studio to Producer!

Well, in that case, I'd agree. However 299 for the entire suite, when the upgrade to PE is only 199 doesn't make allot of sense. I think this is Cakewalk's way of enticeing useres to upgrade to PE. That's not a knock on Cakewalk. It wasn't even an issue when upgrading from 2.2. I didn't have a suite of plugs that was worth anything, I didn't have a sampler, or a good reverb. So, that was a no-brainer. I love the Sonitus plugs. I have a buddy that has the Waves Platinum, and to me the Sonitus stuff is still as good. Hell, I still use the Timeworks plugs on occasion.
cmusicmaker
RE: Buying Sonitus FX Suite now possible 2004/06/24 11:09:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cmusicmaker

If I understand your question...my point is if, like me, you do not want to have to upgrade to S3PE just to get the Sonitus plugs you can now buy them separately.

That doesn't make any sense. The difference in price between SE and PE is only 200 bucks. Plus you get the Pantheon Reverb. Seems like a no brainer to me. Get PE

Mwalter I have Vsampler already the (full version...VSTi/DXi/standalone) not the OEM S3PE (DXi) version that comes with Producer. I also only need the Sonitus EQ and the Multiband compressor so I only need to spend around $100 for what I need.

I can even probably skip the multiband compressor as I have one in Ozone and just get the Sonitus EQ for about $40.

That is a lot less than a $200 upgrade from Studio to Producer!

Well, in that case, I'd agree. However 299 for the entire suite, when the upgrade to PE is only 199 doesn't make allot of sense. I think this is Cakewalk's way of enticeing useres to upgrade to PE. That's not a knock on Cakewalk. It wasn't even an issue when upgrading from 2.2. I didn't have a suite of plugs that was worth anything, I didn't have a sampler, or a good reverb. So, that was a no-brainer. I love the Sonitus plugs. I have a buddy that has the Waves Platinum, and to me the Sonitus stuff is still as good. Hell, I still use the Timeworks plugs on occasion.

Interesting take on the thinking behind the sale of the Sonitus plugs. I can see customers upgrading to Sonar 3 PE just to get all the plugs. I would imagine that as we are going into July that many may wait until September / October for a likely release of Sonar 4 and then upgrade.

Or at least wait until September and buy Sonar 3PE and possibly as the date of purchase would be so close to the release of Sonar 4 get a free or discounted upgrade to Sonar 4 Producer (if thats what it will be known as).

I just missed out on a similar deal last year.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1