Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area?

Author
mrBun
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
2006/10/27 00:30:47 (permalink)

Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area?

My company is sending me to Vegas for a Gaming convention in November. I will be in town for a week attending conferences and the like, so my "free time" is fairly limited
I want to buy some guitars whilst there;
A Rickenbecker 360/12
A Fender VI (or Jaguar Baritone)
Lastly and most importantly... a Pedal Steel D10, 8 pedals, 4 levers etc.

I have researched music stores in Vegas and the first two can be found fairly easily, but the Pedal Steel is proving elusive ... in Vegas.
I need to be there to check the instrument (obviously). Carter looks to be the best model for my needs to date, but they are in Tx.... I will consider a used machine if it is in immaculate condition.
Thanks,
Geoff

6 Replies Related Threads

7string
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    RE: Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area? 2006/10/28 16:31:22 (permalink)
    Did you find Ed Roman's website? Its a nice, big shop. Maybe he could order you one by November.
    mrBun
    RE: Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area? 2006/10/28 17:48:35 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply!
    Yep, Ed Roman is one of the places I researched... a short distance from my Hotel (Paris)...I will check his store out for the Ric and Fender.. he seems to be a very passionate dude! I feel very confident in dealing with his people, based on his "rants", and know I'll get a nice axe or two from him. Someone on another forum suggested "Sams Town?"..but a lot of people don't have a web presence..hence my plea in this (and other) forums.

I really need to not screw people around though.. the pedal steel is a very personal decision, so I want to be able to talk with a hard core "steeler"... if he ships one in and I don't like it, then I would feel really bad about it... I may have to make a second trip in the new year... There are some interesting options in other states, that bear further investigation.... (now if I can just get our bean counters to fund the ride)
    Thanks again for getting back to me!

7string
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    RE: Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area? 2006/10/29 01:56:17 (permalink)
    The best place in the US for pedal steel experts would have to be in Nashville, Tennesee.

That's where all the studios that country artist use are.

Maybe you could work it in on a trip to Florida or something?
    mrBun
    RE: Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area? 2006/10/29 14:55:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 7string

Maybe you could work it in on a trip to Florida or something?

Now that just freaked me out a little!... We are currently building a factory in Fort Lauderdale to cover our Northern hemisphere needs... I will need to move there for a year or so in '08 to build a studio....weird.
    Yeah, Nashville and Mesquite Tx are places I will likely head on my next trip to the US... Just would have been neat to pick one up on this trip.
    zapotec
    • Total Posts : 152
    RE: Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area? 2006/11/01 11:41:00 (permalink)
    make sure you look up Hamburg Guitars. Bernie Hamburger has made guitars for everyone from Andy Summers to George Harrison. Tell him Brad sent you!
    look him up on the net.
    mrBun
    RE: Buying a Guitar in the Vegas area? 2006/11/01 19:13:33 (permalink)
    Thanks Brad!.. Looks interesting, particularly the 9 string model. Will definitely check it out.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1