CARNIVAL - BACK TO THE BONEYARD

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2012/03/20 02:23:52 (permalink)

CARNIVAL - BACK TO THE BONEYARD

Hi , been sort messing around with new electronica song for a week or so and still plan on maybe adding alittle bit to it I think . 

BACK TO THE BONEYARD - DELTED LINK

Years ago when I first started messing around with electronic type music I created a instrumental song called " Carnival " .
This one has alot of different twist & turns in it just like at the carnival where you never know what you might expect on each ride , careful my bridge section is a bit spooky !

Cheers !
Radio
post edited by radio - 2012/03/21 05:31:20

12 Replies Related Threads

Bob Oister
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 04:44:39 (permalink)
    Hi, James,

This sounds really great!  I like the piano the synth textures, and the sound effect elements add a cool vibe that keeps things interesting.

Nice piece of modern electronica, buddy, great work! 
    Bob
    radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 13:21:07 (permalink)
    Bob Oister

Hi, James,

This sounds really great!  I like the piano the synth textures, and the sound effect elements add a cool vibe that keeps things interesting.

Nice piece of modern electronica, buddy, great work! 
    Bob

Hey Bob thanks for the listen and comments , I sort struggled with the piano section a bit because of my left elbow arm . Had to see the doctor yesterday and had some XRays taken of my left arm to see if its the bone causing me so much pain or the tendons in my left arm .
    My doctor seems to think its my tendon in my arm , three weeks ago my exwife spilled so water on the floor leading into the laundry room area and didn't clean it up .
    An hour later I walked into the area to do some laundry and lucky me almost busted my ass and I'm thinking thats what cause it trying to catch myself on the door with my left arm .

I thought a few weeks back my arm would heal up quicky but it didn't so I decided I better checkout my elbow and find out whats going on , I haven't heard of too many one armed keyboard players out there have you . LOL

Thanks Bob for checking my electronic tune out !

Radio

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 13:57:50 (permalink)
    Interesting.

Seemed more Jazz than  Electronica to me, but what do I know?

radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 14:19:36 (permalink)
    bapu

Interesting.

Seemed more Jazz than  Electronica to me, but what do I know?

Yea I sort added a bit of that in my mix just to twist things up a bit , I like to be different I guess in some of the music I create now days .
    Theres enough electronica music in this tune to call it electronica I guess , I liked it under the condition of creating something alittle bit different then what you might hear from most of the people out there creating electronica type music .

Hey I just found out today my elbow is not factured but I do have what they call lateral epicondylitis in medical terms , better know as Tennis Elbow .
    Guess I'll just have to baby my arm for awhile while playing my keyboard .

Thanks for listening !
    Radio

evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 18:29:12 (permalink)
    I can't name the genre but I enjoyed listening to it.  I'd probably go with electronica, yeah, definitely would.  Good luck with your elbow stuff.  I'm up to over 5 ft. of scars now between my heart and knees.  I never know which is gonna hurt each day.  Keeps me jumpin'.  Just don't overuse that elbow. 

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 19:14:08 (permalink)
    Very interesting tune.  As you said, it had enough twists and turns to keep my attention.  I did have to turn up the volume to be able to hear it, so I think it could stand to be remastered without hurting anything.  All in all, very creative.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 22:05:46 (permalink)
    evadianepug

I can't name the genre but I enjoyed listening to it.  I'd probably go with electronica, yeah, definitely would.  Good luck with your elbow stuff.  I'm up to over 5 ft. of scars now between my heart and knees.  I never know which is gonna hurt each day.  Keeps me jumpin'.  Just don't overuse that elbow. 

Thanks Warren , I know where your coming from with scars , my exwife had a four bypass heart operation  and she ended up with some pretty big and lenghy scars . Most have healed but some won't ever go away , I hope your recovering is fast .
    Two weeks ago my exwife had to go back to see the heart doctor because of some heart and health issues and ended up going back in to have her heart rechecked . They ran a camera up from her groin up to her heart, after that was over the doctor walked into her recoverly room only to give her bad news .
    He said out of the four bypassed artries two on her left side was almost completely blocked.
    She about broke down in tears after hearing that news after the doctor said there nothing he could do with stents or any other operation that would fix those two blocked artries.
    He said all they can do is work with some type of heart medication .

We have been together for twenty - two years now , we are not married but still live together so for me hearing that news wasn't good because in my mind I'm wondering how long before her last two artries end up blocking .

Every person is different , I just hope for you things will get better for you over time . The main thing is to stop smoking and eat right and excerise .
    She has not been doing any of those things and now shes paying the price for not eating right and no excerise hardly at all .

Thanks for the listen Warren , glad you liked it for what it is . keep your heart strong , music will keep you going !

Radio
    post edited by radio - 2012/03/20 22:07:27

radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/20 22:17:59 (permalink)
    Lynn

Very interesting tune.  As you said, it had enough twists and turns to keep my attention.  I did have to turn up the volume to be able to hear it, so I think it could stand to be remastered without hurting anything.  All in all, very creative.

Thanks Lynn , I sort lowered the volume levels on all my tracks when I remixed them the second time around maybe too low . I might go back and raise the volume up a bit and then repost it .
    This might be my last song for awhile because of this elbow , I can play my keyboard but after 15 minutes my arm start feeling abit painful in the elbow . Doctor said I need to use ice packs and rest my arm . hopefully it will get better soon I hope .
    Blame my exwife for this pain  , she dropped a water bottom on the floor when you walk into the apartment and forgot to clean it up .
    I slipped on it an hour later and almost broke my neck , I think thats how this happened .

Anyway thanks for the listen and comments on this music .

Radio

radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/21 00:55:45 (permalink)

Hi Everyone , I was thinking about my first piano verse and decided I wasn't 100% happy with the way I played it so I went back and replayed it differently using some different chords .
    I'm pretty happy with the way it sounds now .

I also went back and mixed it slightly different and raise the volume some as one person suggested I do .

Radio

BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/21 02:13:18 (permalink)
    Interesting but it doesn't quite go anywhere, I'd keep working on it because the ideas are all there.

The mix is a little too bottom heavy as well, roll of some at 40hz IMHO.

Like it though keep them coming.

Peace Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/21 03:30:27 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

Interesting but it doesn't quite go anywhere, I'd keep working on it because the ideas are all there.

The mix is a little too bottom heavy as well, roll of some at 40hz IMHO.

Like it though keep them coming.

Peace Ben

Thanks but for now it is what it is unless I decided to remix it using RECORD , as for the music itself some guitar would be nice in two sections but for the most part it was meant to have that electronica sound to it with some noticable changes . I think that part of it ended up sounding good , thanks for your suggestions I'll keep this one hot in the oven just in case I get an itch to add more to it . I think I mentioned that earlier that I might add more to it , thanks !

Radio

radio
    Re:CARNIVAL - NEW ELECTRONICA SONG 2012/03/21 05:36:45 (permalink)

For those of you that took time to listen to my newest Electronica tune thanks !

I decided to do alittle bit more work on the song , came up with a few more ideals that might workout for me .
    Thanks for your comments and suggestions , its back to the Bone yard you might say !

Radio

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1