CREATING MULTIPLE BUSES AND OTHER AWESOMENESS AND BETTER SESSION CONTROL IN GENERAL

Author
Frequency Studios
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2016/07/25 20:51:20 (permalink)
4.67 (3)

CREATING MULTIPLE BUSES AND OTHER AWESOMENESS AND BETTER SESSION CONTROL IN GENERAL

Hello Bakers, I have a few suggestions 

I think it would be immensely useful AND A HUGE TIMESAVER if we had the ability to create multiple instances of buses ( at once) as well as being able to clone buses. as this can only be accomplished currently at the track level 
Additionally, we should be able to have a bus (or aux) automatically created and routed when creating tracks and track folders 
ie when you create a track/ track folder be able to right click the folder and create send to ... bus aux etc and have the bus created complete with logical routing etc to all tracks in that group  as well it would be nice to be able to group select all of the folders and have a create buses for all command 
I also think we need to have the ability to create all of our session structure within some form of text editor the existing track manager needs to have the expanded functionality of creating and naming tracks including routing options etc. 

The ability to copy clip name to tracks as this can only be done in the opposite  order ( copy track names to clip names) makes it a pain, and very time consuming when you import named session files and then have to manually input track names as projects these days, can have upward of 100 plus tracks  
Be able to group select the entire project to complete either of the above en mass 

And finally we really need the ability to copy/export/import entire projects/templates with the options to select/deselect individual session parameters  plugins routing etc 

I get that the average hobbyist will have limited need if any for these functions but it will have a huge impact on those of us using Sonar in a professional environment. 
 I'm sure you can see a common theme with the above requests improved workflow for professional users = more time spent on creativity and creating awesome mixes/projects instead of tedious easily automatable tasks, we can do without fancy bells and whistles and feature upgrades that serve little purpose in a professional work environment  ( although we like those too :) ) it's all about efficiency and time management in the end. 

Cheers, 
D

post edited by Frequency Studios - 2016/07/25 21:27:18

Sabertooth x79 3930k 3.2GHz 32GB DDR3 2X 500Gb SSD working drives 3TB Raid 10 Win 8.1x64 Tascam DM4800 32ch i/o via FW SSL Sigma Heaps o' outboard etc etc 
Sonar X1P, X2P,X3P, Platinum 

2 Replies Related Threads

Grave Protocol
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 75
    Re: CREATING MULTIPLE BUSES AND OTHER AWESOMENESS AND BETTER SESSION CONTROL IN GENERAL 2016/07/28 16:49:49 (permalink)
    Here is my vote for creating multiple buses at one time.  

Could have like a + button at the top of the console (like the Add Track button), that opens up a dialogue asking for how many buses AND if it should load them from a template.

My music: https://soundcloud.com/grave-protocol
    Core-i7 950 @ 4Ghz
    24Gb RAM
    SSD Main Drive
    Soulburned
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: CREATING MULTIPLE BUSES AND OTHER AWESOMENESS AND BETTER SESSION CONTROL IN GENERAL 2016/08/01 04:56:37 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    So just to clarify, with the export/import templates there be a "dialog" that basically lets us see what's about to be imported, and then let us simply check or un-check whichever items we don't want?

I will definitely +1 this because I currently spend a lot of time after a production deconstructing a project, saving out track templates in various ways to make specific things accessible.  I also spend a boatload of time saving out my preset and FX chains for everything I did down to individual items so that I can easily recall any specific element or chain I want later.  I have my own file organization scheme to keep this manageable for me, but if we could just have a master template import/export dialog that lets us gain more control on what we get in and/or out of that template, that would certainly save me a TON of time!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1