CST Trackball... KOOL!

Author
PM33AUD
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2009/05/06 19:04:36 (permalink)

CST Trackball... KOOL!

I picked up a CST Trackball (PN: CST2545W-RC) a couple weeks ago and am loving it! I figured I post here since when I was searching I didn't find any mention of it and thought it definitely deserved a shout.

Here's a pic:

It is very rugged/well made and quite comfortable to use. It has a couple of cool features I don't think are found on most trackballs: on the fly resolution (i.e. speed) switching, dedicated scroll wheel (VERY useful), center button.

Phil

2 Replies Related Threads

tecknot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 766
    RE: CST Trackball... KOOL! 2009/05/10 22:53:16 (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing, PM. I recently bought a Kensington Slimblade track ball. It is pretty nice and all, but you cannot configure it, although it has four buttons. The top to are merely toggles to activate control modes with using itune or MS media player and some picture/viewing software stuff. The right and left buttons are just a little to low from the ball horizon (or equator) that I don't always hit them and hit the mode toggles instead. It cannot be used with a KVM switch either, so I returned it. Pretty dissapointing product for such an expensive price.

This CST trackball look huge compared to the Tranzport controller next to it. I'll check it out nonetheless. Would I have to order it online? I haven't seen one of those at Frys.

Kind regards,

tecknot
    PM33AUD
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: CST Trackball... KOOL! 2009/05/13 15:04:19 (permalink)
    The CST you can configure with bundled SW, although I haven't used it since I dont want any overhead that isn't necessary. I haven't checked if the reconfig SW sucks up much from the system or causes glitches, etc...

I got mine from http://www.trackballworld.com/ I don't think any stores would carry this.

Your right on the size. It is a bit large, although still a bit smaller than mouse area you'd need. It has a nice amount of room for your full palm to rest on - I've no complaints on strain/tiredness, etc... The dedicated scroll wheel is a very nice feature to have.

Phil
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1