[CWBRN-34517] ProChannel EQ Bus Automation Bug (Quick Group bug?)
When we use Smart Tool, Move, or Draw, with pressed Ctrl for Bus Automation, something strange goes on with ProChannel EQ – what was switched off is switched on all by itself, and the changes affect all the equalizers simultaneously. When you move one automation line, the knobs of the rest are turned too, even when they are switched off and have got no automation on them. It looks like the glitch in Quick Group. These changes cannot be undone by CTRL+Z, so you have to open the previously saved copy of the project, or restore the values of EQ as you remember them.
To recreate the bug:
1. You can use any project, or create a new one.
2. Go to Bus Pane, and create several new buses, or use those that already exist.
3. Create automation on any bus (except the latest in the list, that’s important!) for ProChannel EQ. E.g. LF Gain.
4. Click once in the working area (where you draw waveform of buses) in order to take off the selection from the buses. It’s the simplest action of all – just one click in the area to the right from the tracks, not on the track.
5. Press CTRl with Smart Tool or Move and pull the line of automation which has been created.
In case of the bug, you’ll see the following: the curve of automation will freeze and then jump abruptly to the newly chosen value only after you release Ctrl. The knobs of all the equalizers of all the buses will turn. All the switched-off equalizers will switch on – but for the one on which you are leveling automation (if it has been switched off).
Animation gif: http://imgur.com/JJRJgWB
post edited by cool - 2016/02/23 07:44:11