CWHS 9.0 license question ...

Author
Salleke
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
2008/10/07 04:45:11 (permalink)

CWHS 9.0 license question ...

Hello to all,

I have a problem and hope someone can help me out.

For about 10 years now I'm working with Cakewalk Homestudio
9.0 and I may say that I'm very happy with this programm.

A few months ago I bought me MC 4 but can not work with this programm.
I'm 60 years old and it's very difficult for me to learn the new MC 4.

So my question is: Is there someone who still have a copy of CWHS 9.0
and is willing to sell/transfer me his or her license.

Please don't get me wrong! I don't ask for a illegal transaction.
I still own a license number for my old CWHS 9.0 but the CD is lost.

And I will and want to pay for another license transfer of CWHS 9.0
together wit the original CD.

Thanks in advance,

Salleke.

5 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: CWHS 9.0 license question ... 2008/10/07 08:13:43 (permalink)
    Salleke.... I feel your pain... I too started digital recording with cakewalk's Pro8 deluxe...just one software generation older than 9..... I remember when 9 was released...

So imagine how I felt when I bought MC4, and sat around for a week just trying to get some sound out of it...I was ready to pull the plug and call it quits....but I decided to learn this new program, and I'm glad I did.

Actually, MC4 is a simpler program to use in so many ways. It doesn't have all the features of 8 or 9. However what I'm thinking you are experiencing right now is problems getting past the learning curve and to me the biggest part of the curve...or so it seemed...was learning how to use soft synths...because we didn't have to use soft synths with the older stuff.

Give yourself a few weeks before you decide to quit on MC4, and work with us and we'll do our flat out natural best to get you up & running with MC4. Trying to figure out MC4 by yourself is difficult, and tech support will not help you, however, you have a very qualified and capable team of experienced users here that will help.

So lets get started.... first... give us the specs on the computer you're using...desk or lap...speed, ram, operating system, and brand name..... also tell us the specs on the soundcard you're using. factory card or after market....if aftermarket..which one.

Once we know that ...we can start getting you going.

Oh yeah...almost forgot...Welcome to the forums...
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/10/07 08:15:24

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: CWHS 9.0 license question ... 2008/10/07 13:04:38 (permalink)
    We can help you with any specific questions, but we need to know some stuff, too. I'm not very far behind you, maturity-wise, and I knew nothing about computers or sequencing software in 2001, and I learned how to do everything I need to do starting with Music Creator 2003.
    Are you wanting to record audio, MIDI, or a combination? How fast is your computer and how much memory does it have? What's your operating system? A good sound card/interface can make a world of difference in the quality of your recordings, do you know what sound card you're using now?
    By the way, CW, and most software companies don't allow the transfer of software licenses in any way, regardless of whether you owned it in the past. If Cakewalk happened to have a disk lying around and was willing to sell it to you would be the only way you could regress.
    So let us know how you want to use the software you own and we will try to help you.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: CWHS 9.0 license question ... 2008/10/07 13:54:56 (permalink)
    I also feel your pain, i started on CWHS 3.0 which was a floppy disk midi only software. I learned a bit, but as the years went by i bought MC 1.0, then 2003, then MC 3 and it has proved to be a nice software. You are 60, but some of us are not far behind you, i am 51. I also spend a bit of time over at a forum for PG music, and the majority of the folks over there are in their late 50s to several are in thier 70s they are solid helpful folks that have mastered this hobby and are recording like crazy.

Work with the good folks here and they will have you up and running in no time. Feel free to register at my site "Music Town" the link is in the bottom of my post, and make a time to meet someone in the chat room to get real time help if needed. There is not usually anyone over there but if you leave a couple times you can be there folks can see if they can make time to meet and help.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Salleke
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: CWHS 9.0 license question ... 2008/10/08 03:45:13 (permalink)
    Thank you all for the kind words and the support.

Greetings, Salleke.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: CWHS 9.0 license question ... 2008/10/08 08:30:39 (permalink)
    OK SALL.... let us help....

So lets get started.... first... give us the specs on the computer you're using...desk or lap...speed, ram, operating system, and brand name..... also tell us the specs on the soundcard you're using. factory card or after market....if aftermarket..which one.

Once we know that ...we can start getting you going.

time to give up the info...so we can get you into recording again...

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/10/08 08:31:24

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1